let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
here's an updated pic only thing new is the tpsII and my mesa/boogie dc-2 made it in the pic
206173d1291080512-show-me-your-low-end-room-100_3640.jpg

Here's my studio. A room inside the living room. 8 ft x 15 ft.
Took about 120 hours to complete, (get ready to play). and about 4k in materials

Last edited:
My latest additions to studio el cheapo :)

Ive always liked the V-amp over my pod so I got a rack one, the composer works fine with it, I wouldnt put anything else through it except my bass, I removed the backlights as it gets pretty hot

New guitar courtesy of Nate...already recording a stone roses cover..exactly what I wanted

and youve got to love my Ikea $19 "rack table" lol :D

Attachments

• new guitar.jpg
    new guitar.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:
Here's my studio. A room inside the living room. 8 ft x 15 ft.
Took about 120 hours to complete, (get ready to play). and about 4k in materials

What I wish is that you had a video of the construction! We're in the process of setting up an upstairs loft bedroom into a practice room/studio. Is there a definitive thread here on the board devoted to such construction? The room is 13' x 25' with one corner "missing" and area 4' x 7' because of the landing for the stairs and the doorway. The end by the door has a cathedral ceiling with the peak running opposite the long direction of the room. The remainder 13' x 13' a standard height ceiling. All walls are wood paneling. The vaulted ceiling sloping from a max height of 8'-6" down to 6'-6". There's 8' of carpet at the end farthest from the door and the remainder is old asbestosis tile :eek:

The goal is to sound proof enough that the neighbors don't call the cops and to create an environment that will have good enough acoustics to record and mix. The "practice" area needs to accomodate a group of 4-5 musicians. I have a set of Roland V-drums which helps with the day to day space requirements. The ability to record live drums is secondary at this point.

here's some pics of mine- this has been a 7 year project (to date) and there's still things I'd like to change/upgrade.... Income tax return is eagerly anticipated

The musical instruments are an accumulation over ... well a long long time, some things I wish I hadn't sold or traded... but it seemed like a good idea 9or I needed money) at the time :rolleyes:

Attachments

• guitars 12-10.jpg
    guitars 12-10.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 927
  • studio 12-10.jpg
    studio 12-10.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 935
  • controlroom 12-10.jpg
    controlroom 12-10.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 937
  • drums 12-10.jpg
    drums 12-10.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 927
  • keys 12-10.jpg
    keys 12-10.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 932
The musical instruments are an accumulation over ... well a long long time, some things I wish I hadn't sold or traded... but it seemed like a good idea 9or I needed money) at the time :rolleyes:

Are you going to tell a keyboard junkie what keyboard instruments you have, or do you intend to keep me in suspense? :D

59 Hammond M3 (w/single rotor Leslie M-18), Rhodes 88 Stage (not the suitcase), Yamaha S08, Korg X3, I keep thinking an analog style synth would be cool again (maybe the PAIA kit modules...) butthen i think... maybe some better mics or rack gear...

or maybe i should just shut up and play for awhile

I keep thinking an analog style synth would be cool again (maybe the PAIA kit modules...) butthen i think... maybe some better mics or rack gear...

I just posted an ad in the free ads forum. It's not a programmable synth, but the analog filter is loads of fun! And you'll have plenty of cash left over for mics and rack gear. :D

thanks for the offer, but this years tax return is already "spent" on a new Mac 8 core (I'm still on a PPC), a Motu 828mk3 and Digital performer...

I'm bailing out of ProTools after 10 years, 9.0 isn't making me want to buy it... i can still run 8.0 on the PPC till the 002R or the PPC breaks down (I don't see either as having much resale value... and I 'think" I can link the 2 computers together making it easy to pull old PT sessions into DP

Back