Just wanna see where you guys stand on stuff.

This thread is no better than political threads.
Almost like it was designed to create division.

The music you like thread is much better. :LOL:

Everyone gets to share and possibly expose people to new stuff.

A happy thread.
This thread makes me extremely happy?

This thread is no better than political threads.
Almost like it was designed to create division.

The music you like thread is much better. :LOL:

Everyone gets to share and possibly expose people to new stuff.

A happy thread.

and like politics, it's mainly one side that makes all the division.

There have been a few less than enthusiastic comments of the level of where Bobby Dylan ranks in the best ever group of artist. IMO a national treasure...just my opinion... surely he has had his less than stellar performances but that catalog of songs he put out in the first 10 years of his career places him a place of incredibly high honor.... IMO So I stumbled upon this 1964 Bob Dylan .video ..The man was 23 years old when he performed it live. The next year it would be released on his first album. Look at those old farts in the background.. and the rest is history..I love the kid in this video...he is a frickin lyrical spherical genius.... IMO

@TAE
Aside from his own accomplishments, to inspire other artists to cover his work is an accomplishment that many singer/songwriters cannot claim.

From Hendrix to Petty, he’s touched quite a few.

@TAE
Aside from his own accomplishments, to inspire other artists to cover his work is an accomplishment that many singer/songwriters cannot claim.

From Hendrix to Petty, he’s touched quite a few.
This is a song I did with help from my pal Lesley that's shamelessly influenced by Bobby. Warning, on first listen 89% of everyone despises my singing but to be fair, for this one I was totally wasted when I recorded the vocals.

There have been a few less than enthusiastic comments of the level of where Bobby Dylan ranks in the best ever group of artist. IMO a national treasure...just my opinion... surely he has had his less than stellar performances but that catalog of songs he put out in the first 10 years of his career places him a place of incredibly high honor.... IMO So I stumbled upon this 1964 Bob Dylan .video ..The man was 23 years old when he performed it live. The next year it would be released on his first album. Look at those old farts in the background.. and the rest is history..I love the kid in this video...he is a frickin lyrical spherical genius.... IMO

Dylan, an incredibly fascinating guy. There are recordings of him back in his home town that are really rough. Covers, yeah and he kind of sucked. He hitched all the way to NY and spent a very short time there before going back to visit his hometown. In that short time he became a master, writing, playing, blowing harp. Truly a went down to the "crossroads" story. In some ways he spent his entire career sabotaging himself. Constantly changing, never riding on past success. People were pissed. When he went electric in '65 at the Newport folk festival Pete Seeger who we see introducing him in the video you posted grabbed an axe and was going to cut the cables. It's a lengendary story, the only thing that could have possibly made it better is if someone had not stopped commie Seeger from cutting the power cables with an axe. That would have been awesome.

Personally, I like Dylan's vocals. It is what it is. He is who he is. He is Bob Dylan, the greatest living songwriting and recording artist. He is the standard by which all are measured, and though they have tried(Springsteen's Born To Run as an example), nobody can touch it.

Personally, I've never experienced what one might call an artist speaking to them through their art quite like Dylan. It's a strange feeling when you hear lyrics and it pulls you into a place where with every fiber of your body and soul that artist is describing a portion of your life, almost as if a confessional, but from someone else. In more than one instance that is what Dylan has done, personally. Sometimes the lyrics are almost as if in code, obviously it would seem only a code he and I would know. Its very strange. Some might say he just throws so much shit at the wall something is bound to stick with someone. I don't know.

That song TAE posted, Mr Tambourine Man....I'm going to quote myself from another thread.

Mick Doobie said:
Sorry, here goes another long post. Please read it!

There is this place on the Chesapeake Bay, Lynnhaven Inlet. It can be loaded with fish, sometimes. I would fish there both inside the inlet and outside near the mouth. All hours of the day or night. Many times I would prefer night fishing. So peaceful, cool(er) night air. Fucking paradise. Not to go off the deep end, no pun intended, I have thought that if and when I die, that is the place. Wherever I die, that is where my ashes will go. Anyway. They've now built a metered parking lot, bathrooms, draws all kinds of riffraff. The way it used to be many moons ago, parking was crushed shells and sand. The area was filled with Southern Live Oak. Knarly trees that have weathered many a hurricane. The bridge there entering the inlet had a sign warning of fast current, with a grim reaper, and how many who have lost their lives there given the swift current. Beautiful sand, peaks and valleys, like little circus tents all along the beach. The stars above. In mid December, cold as a witch's titty, gusty winds, the Striper schools would run through there feet from the shore. Casting over and over without a care in the world, not even if you caught a fish, which often you would. Limit was 2 striper, nailing it. It was awesome. Paradise. Sometimes for the first 1-2 hours the world still weighed heavy. But eventually peace would come, I could stay out there forever. Not a care in the world.

Now, there is this dude from Minnesota, way out in the middle of the country far from Lynnhaven Inlet, or any ocean for that matter. The guy's name is Robert Zimmerman, better known as Bob Dylan. He wrote a song I had heard probably a million times, I always thought it was maybe a bit corny, almost nursery rhymish. The song is called Mr Tambourine Man. I was never necessarily a huge fan, but I started listening more carefully. His writing spoke to me. I mean really spoke to me. How, how did that guy from Minnesota know?...talk about singing my life with his words.

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind. Through the foggy ruins of time. Far past the frozen leaves, the haunted frightened trees, onto the windy beach, far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow. Yes to dance beneath the diamond skies with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves. Let us forget about today until tomorrow.

Crazy world, man. Crazy world.

Back