Just wanna see where you guys stand on stuff.

Geez a lou, one would have to be tone deaf to listen to this.
The only reason I know this album is because I once owned a record store in Woodstock N.Y. in the mid seventies. When I saw the title it piqued my interest and I had to take a listen. I am forever partially tone deaf after just one listen.

I beg to differ. Have you ever heard the album, "Contact High with the Godz" by the Godz?

That's not fair, you don't understand. Our kazoo player had a cold, the drummer had a really bad urinary tract infection, and the sound engineer sucked and was really rude to us. We're probably almost twice as good as we sound. Twice!

Speaking of twice, there was a huge twin brother revolt going on. Sure, I guess you could say it was pretty groovy in a far out kind of way revolution thing that was a happening at the time, since we were all twins it made it really hard to know who you could trust. My twin kept tweaking the twisty turny things on my bass making me out of tune, or it could have been somebody else's twin, you just never knew. Which made the sound engineer guy really rude about being out of tune. I was all like, it's our thing, man, be cool and get used to it! He was all like you'll never make a hit record being out of tune. And we were all like, exactly. Anybody can make a hit record! We didn't want to be on somebody's list, we were all, like, avant gardee, and revolution.

It just didn't work out, man. How would it when your drummer has to take a piss every 3.5 minutes, which coincidentally was the typical length of a hit record, and the sound engineer guy was being rude.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
All these people on these lists, how do you get on a list? Longevity, whether they will end up in the dust bin of history or be remembered fondly long after they are gone?

Whether they will make the cut for the latest new and improved Tide commercial, or can sell a Chevy?

I can relate to this. "Doesn't matter if their buxom or flat as a wall."

Last edited:
Lol you sound like an old American set in his ways.

We are a bit more progressive here in England and Europe. Listen to some electronic music give it a whirl.
I've have tried to listen to quite a bit of the current electronic music and found it sorely lacking. There's too much emphasis on the "beeps and boops", "thump, thump" bass and pasted loops but little actual melodic content. Loading up a bunch of snippets into Ableton and programming them onto a Launchpad where you can stitch them together isn't writing a song. It's not really even close to improvisation.

BTW, a bunch of folks on here are from the UK, and around the world.

I've have tried to listen to quite a bit of the current electronic music and found it sorely lacking. There's too much emphasis on the "beeps and boops", "thump, thump" bass and pasted loops but little actual melodic content. Loading up a bunch of snippets into Ableton and programming them onto a Launchpad where you can stitch them together isn't writing a song. It's not really even close to improvisation.

BTW, a bunch of folks on here are from the UK, and around the world.
There is some great electronic music in the UK and Europe. Maybe it does not reach the ears of America so much. May I respectfully ask as a fairly newbi, what is a 'Well-know member' on this forum. Is it someone who is famous or a long time poster.?

May I respectfully ask as a fairly newbi, what is a 'Well-know member' on this forum. Is it someone who is famous or a long time poster.?
Becoming well known is a combo of years here and magnitude of post...there used to be another thing call rep "points" if people liked you you got positive rep, if they hated you you got negative points...the higher your points the cooler you were///the lower your points the bigger loser you were... silly shit Yesterday is history, Tomorrows a mystery and right now, this instant is a gift.....that's why it's called the present...fahgetabout all the rest of the hyperbole ALL YOU HAVE IS NOW!

I remember a thread back in the early days of the Cave here...I think it was Cl8ton that posted it...just to stir shit up
The Beatles suck. It was a great thread,

A thread like this is sure to get some divisiveness going on. Great is subjective to the perspective of the one defining "great".

I really like every one mentioned in the OP...just so many not mentioned of which some have been mentioned in the responses that followed.

Greatest artist of all time is another story. Greatest rock bands is what it sounds like the OP was speaking of.

The Classical greats, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach to name a few..The stars of the first half of the 20th century... Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing, Sammy, Les Paul, Gene Autry,

Move into the 50's and 60's Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, The Beach Boys and Brian stupid ass genius Wilson,

Then there's fricking dumb ass Elvis who holds the crown of the King.... That mofo was a legend.

The Doors, The Who, Zappa, King Crimson, Genesis, Alan Parsons, OIngo Boingo, Devo, The Clash, Oasis, Amy Winehouse, Janice, they all took us for a ride down different paths of the muse.

So the reality is Music is not a competition and what is good is subjective to the perspective of the one listening.

Notice I didn't name one single rapper..it's all about perspective I'd mention Eminen, Snoop and DJ jazzy Jeff and the fresh prince.

And as far as recently IMO there are a shit ton of really great known and unknown younger artist..
Taylor, Shawn Mendez, Adelle, Pink again to name just a few..

I was golfing a few weeks ago and I met this cat who's brothers are in a band that's been around for 10 plus years...They are huge in a small pond but no one in this BBS has ever heard of them..

We see and know what we know from the machine and what they shove down our throat and we swallow...the more that swallow it the Greater that particular entity is....

I think these cats are a great and breath of rock n roll fresh air...only now know about them because I met some cat on a golf course who was related to them.

Elvis is the King.

The Doors, Devo, The Clash, Oasis, Amy Winehouse, Janis - like all those, the Clash are second ech.

Back