Joey's version of Marillion's "Kayleigh"

Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly,
Lavender Green.
I'll be your King Dilly Dilly
If you'll be my Queen
That song is so silly silly.
It's quite obscene.

Listening through my laptop speakers means I can only comment on the mids and highs. I don't think the vocal needs to be brought up but I do think you need to find the presence frequency of the vocal track (somewhere in the upper mids but I've not got my DAW so I can't find it for you) and then I'd scoop the guitars by a couple of dBs at that frequency - not too tight a notch though - to let the vocal come through better. The guitars are a bit harsh anyway so it would probably help there too. Yes I know the guitar is supposed to be harsh but it's a bit raspy for me.

Listening through my laptop speakers means I can only comment on the mids and highs. I don't think the vocal needs to be brought up but I do think you need to find the presence frequency of the vocal track (somewhere in the upper mids but I've not got my DAW so I can't find it for you) and then I'd scoop the guitars by a couple of dBs at that frequency - not too tight a notch though - to let the vocal come through better. The guitars are a bit harsh anyway so it would probably help there too. Yes I know the guitar is supposed to be harsh but it's a bit raspy for me.

Thanx Mike, I'll have a look at those points again. :)

Back