Joey's version of Marillion's "Kayleigh"

Hey there, bro!
Here's a new mix:
Kayleigh_2_mp3.mp3 - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

This one should sound a bit more homogenic (whatever that means....:rolleyes:)
I heard you and our mutual scottish friend had some fun time down where you are....wish I'd been there too.;):D:drunk:
Sounds good.
Nice capture of that early sound.
Hats are overpowering a little, when they are being hit open. I'd use volume automation to tame them a little. And the EQ is a bit much in the high end for the hats also.
At 3:50 the low tom is a bit too meaty in the low end, I would tame that also.

Yeah good work.
G

Sounds good.
Nice capture of that early sound.
Hats are overpowering a little, when they are being hit open. I'd use volume automation to tame them a little. And the EQ is a bit much in the high end for the hats also.
At 3:50 the low tom is a bit too meaty in the low end, I would tame that also.

Yeah good work.
G

Thanx eck!
I'll check those points out. :)

Ha Fish was a local lad...from just outside Edinburgh...

I think I prefer your version....youve toned down his style for your own, its more listenable to me...great singing and guitars Joe...nothing on the mix, sounded great to me tbh

shit I havent heard this in ages...god I hated it in the 80's..bloody rockers :D

btw..Gregs pizza and Shiner Black lager are delish...worth the ticket price alone ;)

2nd version seemed to have fixed the "harsh" issue I spoke of, but now the vocals are too low in the mix. I'd raise the vocals a db or two, and call it good.

Ha Fish was a local lad...from just outside Edinburgh...

I think I prefer your version....youve toned down his style for your own, its more listenable to me...great singing and guitars Joe...nothing on the mix, sounded great to me tbh

shit I havent heard this in ages...god I hated it in the 80's..bloody rockers :D

btw..Gregs pizza and Shiner Black lager are delish...worth the ticket price alone ;)

Yeah, my wife's crazy about him and he's actually a big fan of Malta. He'll be playing there this summer again like for the 3rd time or something. On the whole I always found Marillion a bit boring, but I think Misplaced Childhood is pretty good.
What??? Greg didn't treat you to a Texan steak???:spank::D
Thanx for the comments! :)

He sound too much like Pete Gabriel for me...god I hate stuff like genesis, you make it sound like a rock tune!

Greg's vegan so no steak Im afraid...he's a bit of a waif, could do with a decent meal to fill him out...;)

Hey joey - I think this mix sounds great!

I guess I don't really have any critiques on this one. Everything seems pretty clear and well balanced to me.

I've never heard of this band or the song. Checked it out on youtube (funny video) and can't say that I care so much for the original. I definitely like your version better. It basically sounds to me like one of your songs. Quite a transformation!

Hey joey - I think this mix sounds great!

I guess I don't really have any critiques on this one. Everything seems pretty clear and well balanced to me.

I've never heard of this band or the song. Checked it out on youtube (funny video) and can't say that I care so much for the original. I definitely like your version better. It basically sounds to me like one of your songs. Quite a transformation!

Hey Pete,
yeah Marillion weren't exactly a heavy metal band, so I thought I'd spruce it up a little. :D To me they will always remain a Genesis copy. Kayleigh was their only world-wide single hit in nineteeneightysomething, but otherwise they were just big in Europe. Thanx for the comments! ;)

Ok, so not too surprising I don't know them.

Sorry I don't have more specifics, but really seems like a good mix to me.

You should check out their video though if you haven't already. The hair is over the top, plus the singer walks down the street and hilariously over-emotes the lip synching - classic!

Ok, so not too surprising I don't know them.

Sorry I don't have more specifics, but really seems like a good mix to me.

You should check out their video though if you haven't already. The hair is over the top, plus the singer walks down the street and hilariously over-emotes the lip synching - classic!

Yeah, I've known that video for 30 years or something....the hairdos are an absolute laugh! :p:D

he did have a terrible hair-do....and a terrible song about lavenders as well if I remember??

I'd heard of them, but I was pretty young in the eighties. The only time I heard or saw them was when Fish appeared on an episode of Banzai, where they played the intro to one of their songs, while an old lady went up a staircase on a stairlift. You had to guess whether the stairlift would get to the top before the intro finished and Fish started singing. As I recall, the stairlift won.

I'd heard of them, but I was pretty young in the eighties. The only time I heard or saw them was when Fish appeared on an episode of Banzai, where they played the intro to one of their songs, while an old lady went up a staircase on a stairlift. You had to guess whether the stairlift would get to the top before the intro finished and Fish started singing. As I recall, the stairlift won.

:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:

If I tell that to my wife she won't speak with me for week.....she's absolutely crazy about him!

Back