Intelligent conversations

I don't have a problem getting rid of the so called "White Club", but I think that the other clubs have to go as well. Society either accepts people for who they are or they don't. But the people who are calling an end to racism seems to group together by race and have their own little club. I find that... problematic.

jesus Mick...everythings a bloody argument

I'm not trying to argue!

You criticize me personally and I respond by requesting that we just try to get along....and??

I'm trying to discuss it with you so that we can possibly leave the past behind and move forward on a more positive note. Or we can just ignore each other. I'm okay with either option.

I tried.

i'm out of this thread.

I don't have a problem getting rid of the so called "White Club", but I think that the other clubs have to go as well. Society either accepts people for who they are or they don't. But the people who are calling an end to racism seems to group together by race and have their own little club. I find that... problematic.

#NoLivesMatter

Not really

Plenty of white people support BlackLivesMatter...I dont think theyre really the problem. But thats a thread best left.

There's your problem. Biker bars are full of white trash rednecked morons. Why would you want this place to become that again? Go find it elsewhere. The internet is a big place.

Yes the internet is a big place and the Cave was here long before you graced us with your face. No one put a gun to your head to participate in the cave but you sure did and exercised your right to flail away with some damn toxic talk yourself.

Your icon says it all Greg...that's you're attitude here. If you don't like or disagree with anyone here it's "fuck you!" you lambast them with you clever put downs.

You've toned it down a bit after a few temporary bans but you're still the Gerg.

I recognize that you're a talented, knowledgeable musician and when you help and input here on the music side you're an asset to HR.com..

When you get on your "I'm going to kick your ass and insult you in this thread in a clever battle of words" you're just an ass and you know it. i.e. "bikers bars full of white trash rednecked morons"

The Cave and Jenny's place were designed to discuss things not associated with recording. Don't go there if you "find it weird that people would come to a home recording website" to just bullshit about their lives, sex, drugs, politics and religion.

It's 16 years later from when the Cave was opened and the world is a much different place. With the deletion of the Cave, that little place in cyberspace can never be what it once was. For those of us in the know, that watched Hr.com grow and evolve from nothing to what it is today, we know it was the Cave that drove the traffic to HR.com that made it worth some company buying. It used to frustrate the hell out of Dragon that the cave was the most visited forum on Hr.com. Now he's enjoying the monetary benefits of that traffic.

Them's the facts dude.

I started this thread because I really enjoyed discussing controversial topics here at Hr. Like minded musician types from all around the world discussing life and world events. Plenty of the participants here are pretty damn smart and yet we all (yes even you Greg) have plenty to learn. We only know what we know and the various governments / world powers and media therein control, shape and color what we know ...and don't know.... far more than the masses realize.

It'd of been nice if that global type of banter could have openly and freely continued here.

Yes the internet is a big place and the Cave was here long before you graced us with your face. No one put a gun to your head to participate in the cave but you sure did and exercised your right to flail away with some damn toxic talk yourself.

Your icon says it all Greg...that's you're attitude here. If you don't like or disagree with anyone here it's "fuck you!" you lambast them with you clever put downs.

You've toned it down a bit after a few temporary bans but you're still the Gerg.

I recognize that you're a talented, knowledgeable musician and when you help and input here on the music side you're an asset to HR.com..

When you get on your "I'm going to kick your ass and insult you in this thread in a clever battle of words" you're just an ass and you know it. i.e. "bikers bars full of white trash rednecked morons"

The Cave and Jenny's place were designed to discuss things not associated with recording. Don't go there if you "find it weird that people would come to a home recording website" to just bullshit about their lives, sex, drugs, politics and religion.

It's 16 years later from when the Cave was opened and the world is a much different place. With the deletion of the Cave, that little place in cyberspace can never be what it once was. For those of us in the know, that watched Hr.com grow and evolve from nothing to what it is today, we know it was the Cave that drove the traffic to HR.com that made it worth some company buying. It used to frustrate the hell out of Dragon that the cave was the most visited forum on Hr.com. Now he's enjoying the monetary benefits of that traffic.

Them's the facts dude.

I started this thread because I really enjoyed discussing controversial topics here at Hr. Like minded musician types from all around the world discussing life and world events. Plenty of the participants here are pretty damn smart and yet we all (yes even you Greg) have plenty to learn. We only know what we know and the various governments / world powers and media therein control, shape and color what we know ...and don't know.... far more than the masses realize.

It'd of been nice if that global type of banter could have openly and freely continued here.

Lol. That was ridiculous. I won't respond to your personal attacks against me and internet psychoanalyzing because it's stupid.

I campaigned for a long time to have the cave shut down. I like off-topic stuff about regular non-polarizing things. The cave was not that. You and your ilk couldn't do that. You don't talk about recording, I doubt most of you cave-types record or play music at all. You have nothing to add to anything unless it's divisive rhetoric. You, the collective "you", don't "learn" from each other. You used the cave as a pulpit to spout bullshit. Look at how many of your "brothers" went and got themselves banned or just stopped posting all together. That's proof that you 1) can't hang, 2) only come here for the fights, and 3) don't care about recording. I did spend time in the cave, but several years before the end I left it and never posted in there, so don't blame me for bringing it down from the inside. I liked the cave before the A&A split, and after that it just sucked. Not my fault. Lamenting the fact that your cesspool of lowest common denominator internet beings is gone is silly. You're on the internet right now! Surely since these fine upstanding denizens of internet intelligentsia are close friends of yours, you've maintained contact with them through other channels, right? You're not on facebook? I bet you could start a facebook group with all of those guys and solve the world's problems just like you did in the cave in 2001. Stop crying about it, and go do it! You're talking about shit that happened 10-15 years ago. Why do you need HR to enable your fix for politics and religion? All of those guys you used to know are gone. Go find them.

It's not the people that don't read the threads that ruin everything, it's the people that participate that ruin everything.

I wonder what's broken in someone's real life that they have to go to their recording forum to fight about politic and religion.

I know what you mean. Or even football for that matter. Something really has to be out of whack for someone to talk football on a home recording forum.
Has to be something broken in their real life for sure.

I know what you mean. Or even football for that matter. Something really has to be out of whack for someone to talk football on a home recording forum.
Has to be something broken in their real life for sure.

Funny how that football thread has not attracted people like you or been shut down. Not enough drama for you? No way for you to politi-troll that one, huh? Even with the wide variety of fan affiliations in that thread, it has remained civil. Too bad the same can't be said for you, your cave, or your cave topics.

The fact that you can't/won't participate in a friendly football thread, but you can't wait to spread animosity in a political debate says a lot about you and why you can't have the cave.

People have always talked about what they have interest in. Nothing wrong with that.
It also is entirely possible for someone to have an interest in something unrelated to the core topics of whatever forum they participate in.

Most forums do have a seperate section for people to discuss things non related.

I've got no problem with politics, religion, football, knitting, etc.

Saying someone has a broken life because they may want to dicuss these topics doesn't seem accurate to me.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

:D

I've never been one for diving into the mosh pit.
Not my thing.

I think it was more like a cesspit. That's what got it closed down. It was not the shining beacon of "intelligent conversation" as some folks here might want you to believe.

I think it was more like a cesspit. That's what got it closed down. It was not the shining beacon of "intelligent conversation" as some folks here might want you to believe.

I don't know. The cave was largely before my time. It closed shortly after I got here.
I had a peek, some was funny, some was idiotic and some was viscous. I stayed away.

However the normal areas of the forum have been a "cesspit" as well from time to time.
I recall how a certain member was ridiculed for his beliefs regarding the space program.

Insulting people never works out well. It doesnt matter what the person believes in, that's not what causes problems, but the insulting talk.

You, yourself, have insinuated I was sucking Dave Grohl's dick based on me having respect for the man. You don't have to respect the man, that's cool. But to insult someone else for having a different veiw?
That's fucked up.

I think what got the cave shut down isn't so much the content, but people getting insulted and then going to "war"

But hey, I really don't know for sure. Like I said, the cave was before my time.

Lol. That was ridiculous. I won't respond to your personal attacks against me and internet psychoanalyzing because it's stupid.

There was no personal attack, I was responding to you personally about your post. I just told it like it is. Not one untruth.

You campaigned to have the Cave shut down? do tell...Guess I missed that chapter.... man to get hyped up enough to campaign against a silly internet forum ...you must take this shit seriously....

For the record here's an example of personal attacks and untruths

Greg said:
You don't talk about recording, I doubt most of you cave-types record or play music at all. You have nothing to add to anything unless it's divisive rhetoric. You, the collective "you", don't "learn" from each other. You used the cave as a pulpit to spout bullshit. Look at how many of your "brothers" went and got themselves banned or just stopped posting all together. That's proof that you 1) can't hang, 2) only come here for the fights, and 3) don't care about recording.

I'm not here to argue with you Greg...
I'm not proposing we resurrect the Cave...it's done.

This thread is about the inability to post topics of controversy ( i.e. politics and religion ) and have intelligent conversations / debates about them.
I'm not the only one who agrees the censorship and limitations of posting here in the "off topic" forum are too strict and limiting including Steenamaroo who is a Mod..

It's not an us against them thing..."You Cave guys" against us serious musicians and home recorders. The format here in Prime is trying to find its level after the closing of the Cave. IMO it is to rigid and makes for a pretty boring forum. I'd like to see it raise the bar a bit.

Not really

Plenty of white people support BlackLivesMatter...I dont think theyre really the problem. But thats a thread best left.

I don't think it moves the conversation forward. By focusing the topic on a group, rather than on a problem (race/culture/???) in general, it is divisive and exclusionary.

Funny how that football thread has not attracted people like you or been shut down. Not enough drama for you? No way for you to politi-troll that one, huh? Even with the wide variety of fan affiliations in that thread, it has remained civil. Too bad the same can't be said for you, your cave, or your cave topics.

The fact that you can't/won't participate in a friendly football thread, but you can't wait to spread animosity in a political debate says a lot about you and why you can't have the cave.
The reason I dont participate in the football thread is because I could care less about football.
its not "too bad" that cave discussions didn't remain civil...nobody taking part in those discussions wanted them to remain civil.
As far as hanging in the cave and trolling goes....I have to laugh.
You were the troll from hell in there for a long time until they banned your ass.
pot calling kettle black!
lol

I don't think it moves the conversation forward. By focusing the topic on a group, rather than on a problem (race/culture/???) in general, it is divisive and exclusionary.

I get that, but its black people who the cops are shooting down in what seems a pretty regular manor

It always been there, we just didnt have the ability to record it as we do now. And the bias isnt alone in the US, I remember living in Hackney in London. One of the rougher neighbourhoods there. I was stopped by the police for some traffic offense, they saw I had a warrant out for my arrest and said sort it out when you can. Happened twice. No way thats happening to a person of colour...but I'm in the "white club" so I get the preferential treatment. Luckily the cops in London generally arent armed, but the Hackney cops still managed to kill 7 men of "other than white" ethnic backgrounds in custody that year.

Back