Intelligent conversations

Homerecording.com was started as a home recording forum resource and that is why I originally came here. The Cave was built as an off topic forum where Musicians and Homerecr's went to shoot the shit...that ain't talking about mic positioning n drum tuning... it was a place to bullshit, talk about current events both personal or not so personal. There were no rules other than reading the disclaimer before you entered...not for the faint of heart or politically correct...a biker bar of sorts where pretty much anything goes.

Like many of the original cave crew...we came for the home recording advice but stayed for the camaraderie of the knuckleheads that inhabited the cave.

I came with my own world view, my biases and my opinions. I met a lot of different people with different world views, biases and opinions.
I gained a few good internet brothers, have learned a lot about life and other peoples perspectives and had my world view changed about a lot of things..especially politics and religion. The stimulating battles forced me to rethink and fact check and in the process learn and grow.

Cave circa 2000-2009 remained damn cool..there were some awesome times...it started to slide @2010 and by 2013 it was a cesspool of 7th grade level burn battles...pretty lame..

Not really sure why, but it got bad to a point it wasn't a fun place to go bullshit and see what was going on with the other cyber bros.

That the history, threads and post of the Cave were sent to off to Cyberia sucked...it was fun to go back and read through some of the better threads...

Now that the more major asshats have been excommunicated it'd be nice to see where this place could go...as it is with anything even a bit controversial being deleted as fast as it is posted...we have a pretty melba toast "off topic" forum going nowhere...

For those of you that think it's weird that people would want to talk about things other than recording at a recording based forum..don't go in the off topic forums and piss on the floor...go record..

What TAE said.

Homerecording.com was started as a home recording forum resource and that is why I originally came here. The Cave was built as an off topic forum where Musicians and Homerecr's went to shoot the shit...that ain't talking about mic positioning n drum tuning... it was a place to bullshit, talk about current events both personal or not so personal. There were no rules other than reading the disclaimer before you entered...not for the faint of heart or politically correct...a biker bar of sorts where pretty much anything goes.

Like many of the original cave crew...we came for the home recording advice but stayed for the camaraderie of the knuckleheads that inhabited the cave.

I came with my own world view, my biases and my opinions. I met a lot of different people with different world views, biases and opinions.
I gained a few good internet brothers, have learned a lot about life and other peoples perspectives and had my world view changed about a lot of things..especially politics and religion. The stimulating battles forced me to rethink and fact check and in the process learn and grow.

Cave circa 2000-2009 remained damn cool..there were some awesome times...it started to slide @2010 and by 2013 it was a cesspool of 7th grade level burn battles...pretty lame..

Not really sure why, but it got bad to a point it wasn't a fun place to go bullshit and see what was going on with the other cyber bros.

That the history, threads and post of the Cave were sent to off to Cyberia sucked...it was fun to go back and read through some of the better threads...

Now that the more major asshats have been excommunicated it'd be nice to see where this place could go...as it is with anything even a bit controversial being deleted as fast as it is posted...we have a pretty melba toast "off topic" forum going nowhere...

For those of you that think it's weird that people would want to talk about things other than recording at a recording based forum..don't go in the off topic forums and piss on the floor...go record..
Interesting post. I was around but didn't hang there. So why do we suppose the decay' towards the end?

a biker bar of sorts where pretty much anything goes.

There's your problem. Biker bars are full of white trash rednecked morons. Why would you want this place to become that again? Go find it elsewhere. The internet is a big place.

---------- Update ----------

ISo why do we suppose the decay' towards the end?

Politics and religion.

Basically it was politics and religion conversations, and the way the few and proud asswipes used those topics that killed the cave. Sad but true...

I prefer to keep bullshit out of my life. I know how not to look at shit. The problem with some of the cave dwellers is that they could not contain themselves to only the cave. That was when the bullshit was inevitably removed.

This 'Prime Time' forum is as close as it will get to the cave. Post freely but expect that this is no longer a 'biker bar'. No beer slathered nasty/saggy tits are flying around here anymore. Enjoy. :)

People taking and making it personal screwed the pooch, I reckon. Some of the worst offenders were banned/let back in the cave over and over. Banned, from the cave. Those worst offenders were some of the first to point the finger at others as being over the line of acceptability. They couldn't get/have their way without the bant hammer coming down, so they began to call for closure. Even now some question why people would want to come to a recording site and talk about anything other than limiting it exclusively to recording discussions. Yet, here they are in Prime Time off-topic, complaining about off-topic conversations. Even recently someone cracked on GoFM with an old Cave style "homeless" insult, then proceeded to lecture someone else that they were crossing the line and this here Prime Time is not the cave. It's mind boggling that they are clueless and don't realize that they are a problem. HR.com is a big place, if you don't like off-topic post somewhere other than the one off-topic section. Simple, it would seem.

I'm glad the cave is gone, but it's a shame that even here in Prime Time some intentionally drag things down to a level of thread closure when they can't handle someone with a viewpoint other than their own.

Some say the cave was great back in the day, but it went down hill at some point. Occasionally an old thread would be revived wherein some poor slob was hammered mercilessly to the point of total meltdown by the usual suspects, and exit. Some dude even threatening suicide. lulz and good times.

(now that i've dared to open my yob, let the shit storm begin :rolleyes:)
Keith knows I'm not homeless and knows I don't live under a bridge in a cardboard box. It was an old joke.

But if you felt that strongly about it, you should have reported it to the mods instead of bitching about here, imo. I didn't report it because it didn't bother me.

Cheers! :)

It's an illustrative point.

I didn't mention any names. Nor should have you. You should consider editing.

You should maybe find somewhere else to hang out?

Theres a whole internet out there for you to spout your extreme opinions...

You should maybe consider not addressing me directly/personally. It really is quite simple, not at all extreme.

Why do you have to make it personal, man? Isn't there an ignore function or something here?

C'mon man, seriously, let's not start, eh? Live and let live, bury the hatchet, agreed?

Theres a whole internet out there for you to spout your extreme opinions...

This. And not only that, there are a shit-ton of places way better suited for habitual politicosexuals. Talking P&R in here is like ordering a steak at McDonalds.

You should maybe consider not addressing me directly/personally. It really is quite simple, not at all extreme.

Why do you have to make it personal, man? Isn't there an ignore function or something here?

C'mon man, seriously, let's not start, eh? Live and let live, bury the hatchet, agreed?

You just mentioned me in a post like Id broke some rule yet I was sharing a joke with ghost.

C'mon Mick, you are a shit stirrer, you also have very extreme views that you can barely keep to yourself. I cant think what this forum would have to offer you, its like you are just hanging around to get banned or try and get someone else banned??

This. And not only that, there are a shit-ton of places way better suited for habitual politicosexuals. Talking P&R in here is like ordering a steak at McDonalds.

Wait until election time :facepalm:

But yes you are right, I have no hatchet to bury but Ill try to ignore your posts...just try not to make them about me and it might help :thumbs up:

You just mentioned me in a post like Id broke some rule yet I was sharing a joke with ghost.

C'mon Mick, you are a shit stirrer, you also have very extreme views that you can barely keep to yourself. I cant think what this forum would have to offer you, its like you are just hanging around to get banned or try and get someone else banned??

I could be wrong, but i'm sure i'm not....you mentioned me indirectly earlier in this thread, although not by name. Granted, it was in the context of the topic of this thread. I made a post, in context, also not mentioning you by name. We were both illustrating an on topic opinion.

I don't feel the need to justify why I come here, and should not be asked to do so over-and-over. Why can't you just ignore me if I rub you the wrong way so much? I'll try harder not to come off as a shit stirrer, which is not my intent anyway. Honestly. C'mon man. Why can't we just get along, live and let live?

SuperCreep used to say, "reasonable people can disagree".

Wait until election time :facepalm:

You know, speaking of bigoted extremist right wingers, I was in a long line at my local corner store a few days ago, buying some cheap ass Lone Star beer. I'm standing there and the fat redneck biker slob in front of me turns to me and says "these fucking muslims", like we're buddies or something, referring to the lone brown-skinned dude working the register. Now I don't know if he's muslim or not, he's just some middle eastern brown dude to me, maybe even indian, but no matter. The guy is always cool an nice and friendly. He works like 55 hours a day running that little corner store. So I fired back at the fat redneck piece of shit, not so much because of what he said, but because that fucking piece of white trash garbage thought that I would share his idiotic sentiment. I told the fat guy "Yeah, if he is, I hope he blows you up". That was it. The dude looked at me really confused and just turned back around. Idiot.

GregL said:

Agreed, P&R talk even in an off-topic section of a music forum is :facepalm:

It's a wonder they don't disallow it here in Prime Time. Oh, wait, they do.

Cool story bro.

Agreed, P&R talk even in an off-topic section of a music forum is :facepalm:

It's a wonder they don't disallow it here in Prime Time. Oh, wait, they do.

Cool story bro.

My story isn't political or religious. It's more societal. As far as I know, we can still talk about how pathetic and intellectually stunted the average obese white trash american is.

You know, speaking of bigoted extremist right wingers, I was in a long line at my local corner store a few days ago, buying some cheap ass Lone Star beer. I'm standing there and the fat redneck biker slob in front of me turns to me and says "these fucking muslims", like we're buddies or something, referring to the lone brown-skinned dude working the register. Now I don't know if he's muslim or not, he's just some middle eastern brown dude to me, maybe even indian, but no matter. The guy is always cool an nice and friendly. He works like 55 hours a day running that little corner store. So I fired back at the fat redneck piece of shit, not so much because of what he said, but because that fucking piece of white trash garbage thought that I would share his idiotic sentiment. I told the fat guy "Yeah, if he is, I hope he blows you up". That was it. The dude looked at me really confused and just turned back around. Idiot.

lol

I hate the "white" club, Ive had it a few times myself...some guy in London said to me "bloody riots, its all them black kids" Im watching the same TV with all these white kids rioting in Manchester :facepalm:

I could be wrong, but i'm sure i'm not....you mentioned me indirectly earlier in this thread, although not by name. Granted, it was in the context of the topic of this thread. I made a post, in context, also not mentioning you by name. We were both illustrating an on topic opinion.

I don't feel the need to justify why I come here, and should not be asked to do so over-and-over. Why can't you just ignore me if I rub you the wrong way so much? I'll try harder not to come off as a shit stirrer, which is not my intent anyway. Honestly. C'mon man. Why can't we just get along, live and let live?

SuperCreep used to say, "reasonable people can disagree".

jesus Mick...everythings a bloody argument

Back