Intelligent conversations

Its better the way it is now...there are people who dont even post unless its on a political or religious subject. Like vultures.

You cant turn on a news program or use social media without getting bombarded by the inevitable nonsense, no need to have it in here too. Its nice just to talk about the walking dead, and/or burger toppings than the upcoming armageddon.

Imho of course.

Agreed.

A Nato country just shot down a Russian fighter.
Now that ought to make your morning more 'interesting'..

What are you going to make?

I had to eat packet macaroni with my daughter...she had meatballs too, i had Irn Bru.

I had to cook the ground beef that was leftover from spaghetti dinner on sunday before it turned. So I minced ginger, garlic, green onion, celery, added bread crumbs, egg, soy sauce, rice vinegar, crushed red pepper, a pinch or two of sugar, and made meatballs. I'd also cooked cabbage(and onions)) on the stove on sunday for the mother in-law, boiled I guess you could say. Pretty bland.

Tonight I heated up some cabbage with a few meatballs in a mug in the microwave for dinner. It was pretty damn good! :thumbs up:

whoops, got off track. The mother in-law(in house) is what I guess would be described as a master seamstress. She makes me these thick wool socks of red, pink, orange, multi happy and gay colors. Although they are not exactly my style, I graciously accept them. She obviously loves me. :)

Last edited:
Homerecording.com was started as a home recording forum resource and that is why I originally came here. The Cave was built as an off topic forum where Musicians and Homerecr's went to shoot the shit...that ain't talking about mic positioning n drum tuning... it was a place to bullshit, talk about current events both personal or not so personal. There were no rules other than reading the disclaimer before you entered...not for the faint of heart or politically correct...a biker bar of sorts where pretty much anything goes.

Like many of the original cave crew...we came for the home recording advice but stayed for the camaraderie of the knuckleheads that inhabited the cave.

I came with my own world view, my biases and my opinions. I met a lot of different people with different world views, biases and opinions.
I gained a few good internet brothers, have learned a lot about life and other peoples perspectives and had my world view changed about a lot of things..especially politics and religion. The stimulating battles forced me to rethink and fact check and in the process learn and grow.

Cave circa 2000-2009 remained damn cool..there were some awesome times...it started to slide @2010 and by 2013 it was a cesspool of 7th grade level burn battles...pretty lame..

Not really sure why, but it got bad to a point it wasn't a fun place to go bullshit and see what was going on with the other cyber bros.

That the history, threads and post of the Cave were sent to off to Cyberia sucked...it was fun to go back and read through some of the better threads...

Now that the more major asshats have been excommunicated it'd be nice to see where this place could go...as it is with anything even a bit controversial being deleted as fast as it is posted...we have a pretty melba toast "off topic" forum going nowhere...

For those of you that think it's weird that people would want to talk about things other than recording at a recording based forum..don't go in the off topic forums and piss on the floor...go record..

Back