I'm ready for some football.

Yup, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

We're all undefeated! Optimism runs high this time of year, and this year is no different. It's been a good offseason in KC, except that our man-beast of a nose tackle just herniated a disc in his back. Ouch, on multiple levels.

I didn't keep up with the fallout from "deflategate". I was too irritated by the perpetuation of appending -gate to a word to indicate a scandal. Although it rhymes with deflate, so my irritation is a little marginalized.

Packers open at Bears

It'll probably be better than last years games.

Put me down for 42-3. At the end of the game.

Chili said:
They're doing Brady a favor. He needs a longer vacation with Giselle.

In fact, he ought to just retire now instead of taking the Favre way out.

Favre was a retard with a cannon and no self-awareness. Brady is smarter. He'll go out like Joe Montana, with an arm reduced to nothing, but without getting caught sending pictures of his dick to Patriots' employees. MAYBE.

Greg said:
Shame on the NFLPA for allowing that to happen in the CBA.

I don't know what the CBA says, but if it gives the NFL government-like power to essentially subpoena stuff like a cell phone and punish a player with charges like "destroying potential evidence" for destroying his own property, I agree. They want Brady to make their bullshit case for them. Brady seems too smart to do something like that without asking his lawyer first, so I'm assuming he gave him the go-ahead, or even advised him to do it. I see this ending badly for the NFL.

Tadpui said:
I didn't keep up with the fallout from "deflategate". I was too irritated by the perpetuation of appending -gate to a word to indicate a scandal. Although it rhymes with deflate, so my irritation is a little marginalized.

This is Nixon's real legacy. We are going to have to put up with this shit for the rest of our lives. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the rhyming does somehow make it a little cute. That doesn't change the abominable nature of the -gate thing, though.

As always, the the deflating coverup is worse than the "crime" itself. Had Brady just admitted it and played dumb about it right when it happened, then nothing would have happened. A fine at worst. They were not going to ruin the superbowl by suspending him for that game.

They want Brady to make their bullshit case for them. Brady seems too smart to do something like that without asking his lawyer first, so I'm assuming he gave him the go-ahead, or even advised him to do it. .
Lawyers can give bad advice and Brady pretty much confirmed that he knew by destroying that phone. All his fanboys will protest but every retired QB I've seen asked about it has said there was NO WAY that brady didn't know.
He was in on it and he's getting what he deserves which is basically nothing. he's still rich .... still a great QB playing for a great team.
And the idea that this will follow him around is silly. American football fans have zero memory when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Lawyers can give bad advice and Brady pretty much confirmed that he knew by destroying that phone. All his fanboys will protest but every retired QB I've seen asked about it has said there was NO WAY that brady didn't know.
He was in on it and he's getting what he deserves which is basically nothing. he's still rich .... still a great QB playing for a great team.
And the idea that this will follow him around is silly. American football fans have zero memory when it comes to this sort of stuff.

My inlaws named their dog after Brady and used to idolize Lance Armstrong. :laughings:

The cool thing about the Pats, and a bad thing for the rest of the league, is they come back angry from shit like this. I don't think anyone carries a grudge like Brady and Belichick. They will try to punish people. And they often do.

Yup. I had forgotten all about it until it popped up in the news this week.

And I will forget it again before the weekend. First game of the year, Ill be like, "Why isn't Brady playing?"

This soiree has already taken place, but this invitation is a peek into what it must be like to be Lesean McCoy:

lmccoy.jpeg

"Females only". That sounds way better than "ladies only" for some reason. Get you some, Shady! Even though he's not an Eagle anymore, I still root for him.

I actually was taken by surprise that there was football on TV Sunday night. I caught about half of the Hall of Fame Game, AKA the worst game of the season. Actually all of those preseason week 4 games are pretty terrible to watch. The Vikes didn't look half bad, and the Steelers looked kinda lost. This Saturday the Preseason starts in earnest, I'm actually excited to see my team (or parts of it) actually take the field.

I never watch preseason games. If they aren't playing for the money, I'm not interested.

Bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers getting their time on the field. pfft.

I never watch preseason games. If they aren't playing for the money, I'm not interested.

Bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers getting their time on the field. pfft.

That's the very definition of playing for the money! These guys are hustling to get a roster spot. That's the only redeeming quality about that 4th preseason game in my mind...the bottom feeders play their asses off because they know it may be their last game.

I generally can't bring myself to watch other teams' preseason games, just my hometown team. I follow them through training camp to a degree, so I'm usually interested to see how these guys actually perform on the field, who is going to make the team, and who is going to be bagging groceries by Labor Day.

I watch the parts with the starters and the 2nd stringers. I DVR and FFWD the commercials. Do not have time for anything more than that.

Back