I'm ready for some football.

I think that ended Ditka's coaching career, the wedding picture probably didn't help either..

No player is worth more than two first round picks if you're building a team, maybe if you're one player away from a championship. There are so many late round gems that a case could be made for trading down to get more picks as opposed to trading up. A first rounder has a better chance of making the team, but a late rounder that makes the team also helps from the cap angle, which like it or not is a part of your football strategy.

I'm obviously no GM, but I'm a big believer in mid/late round talent. My Saints have made a habit out of picking gems from a pile of nobodies.

And we've got our hometown hero playing for OU. One would think Texas would have come here and picked him up. They didn't even talk to him. :confused:

Didn't Johnny Manziel wanna play there too? They didn't even give him a shot.

I felt the same way when Peyton Manning was in high school in New Orleans. I'm not sure LSU even sniffed him. Granted, his old man is an Ole Miss legend and probably forbade him from even thinking about LSU, but still, Peyton grew up in New Orleans, wanted to make his own path, and LSU is right up the road. The big headed bastard ended up at Tennessee and had a great college career, and we all know what he's done after that. I've always wondered why LSU was never even in the running for Peyton Manning.

I'm not sure about Manziel, before I started paying attention to UT. But I know Perine was signed to OU when he was a junior and that means Mack Brown was still in charge at Texas. That probably explains the poor decision to not take a 20 minute car ride. I think in his twilight years Mack Brown just didn't care anymore.

I'm not sure about Manziel, before I started paying attention to UT. But I know Perine was signed to OU when he was a junior and that means Mack Brown was still in charge at Texas. That probably explains the poor decision to not take a 20 minute car ride. I think in his twilight years Mack Brown just didn't care anymore.

I can't say that I blame him. The fanbase and boosters of Texas are the worst! Lol. He'd probably had enough of those ingrate bastards.

I can't say that I blame him. The fanbase and boosters of Texas are the worst! Lol. He'd probably had enough of those ingrate bastards.

I don't agree. When you get paid the kind of money he got, you put in everything until the very last second. I keep going back to last season and how the defense couldn't even tackle. That's all on Brown. He quit long before he retired. Fanbase and boosters shouldn't affect his ability to coach. Do ya think?

At least the defense is showing up today. :) (and we got some rain, so I'm happy!!)

I don't agree. When you get paid the kind of money he got, you put in everything until the very last second. I keep going back to last season and how the defense couldn't even tackle. That's all on Brown. He quit long before he retired. Fanbase and boosters shouldn't affect his ability to coach. Do ya think?

At least the defense is showing up today. :) (and we got some rain, so I'm happy!!)

Mack Brown brought Texas consistent winning seasons, national relevance, and a national championship. Then he had a few rough seasons and everyone turned on him. Coaches don't just forget how to coach. I think towards the end he said "fuck these motherfuckers".

Mack Brown brought Texas consistent winning seasons, national relevance, and a national championship. Then he had a few rough seasons and everyone turned on him. Coaches don't just forget how to coach. I think towards the end he said "fuck these motherfuckers".

Yup, that is pretty much what happened. I came in at around the "fuck these motherfuckers" period, so it was confusing to watch this once great coach not give a shit.

Yeah it was bad. I really do believe that Mack Brown would have died as the head coach at Texas if they would have let him. He really seemed to be all-in before the boosters started jerking him around. Make no mistake - the boosters control everything.

wow ...... nice win for LSU ...... I hate the freakin' Gators even though I live here in Gator country.
Fucking Gators ...... hahahahaha! losers .....

:D

wow ...... nice win for LSU ...... I hate the freakin' Gators even though I live here in Gator country.
Fucking Gators ...... hahahahaha! losers .....

:D

Haha, yup. Tigers eat gators. That was the first time since 1989 that neither LSU or Florida was ranked in their rivalry game. And it showed. Sloppy game between two down teams right now. But bad teams make for entertaining football and it was a good game with an awesome outcome.

Geaux Tigers!

How about Ole Miss and Mississippi St? Unbelievable. Another big weekend for college football in Mississippi. They are for real.

I remember when the gators were great. Spurrier was god then. But every team cycles up and down.

In other news, the wife wants to go to Twin Peaks to watch some football!!! :eek:
:D Yeah-ah, baby, yeah-ah-ahhhh

I remember when the gators were great. Spurrier was god then. But every team cycles up and down.

In other news, the wife wants to go to Twin Peaks to watch some football!!! :eek:
:D Yeah-ah, baby, yeah-ah-ahhhh

Hell, the Gators were great just a few years ago. The Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow era was some really good Florida Gator football.

The 2007 LSU/Florida game in Tiger Stadium is legendary for us Tiger fans. That was a motherfucker of a football game! We kept going for it on 4th downs and converted all of them.

Back