I'm ready for some football.

I caught only the 2nd half, but it was a good game. Glad to see Wash hanging in there. They have 8 starters out, maybe that's what they need.

Nice job by the Skins in hanging tough and keeping it interesting against a team that outperforms them in every possible area of football. I thought I'd be going to bed at halftime. :laughings:

And I'm gonna say it again, Seattle is different on the road. They can be had by a good home team. They looked good tonight, but not as ruthlessly dominant as they do at home. It seems like the teams that have a massive home field advantage (Saints, Falcons, Packers, Denver, Seattle, Patriots) all lose a lot of mojo on the road.

Agreed. Honestly I think any team with a good run defense can take advantage of Seattle's mediocre receivers and give them a good challenge.

good grief the commentator's are sucking Wilson's D so hard right now...

---------- Update ----------

I caught only the 2nd half, but it was a good game. Glad to see Wash hanging in there. They have 8 starters out, maybe that's what they need.

What we need is a nice shiny top 5 draft pick :D

Seriously, RGIII better have taken some notes. Russel Wilson just gave him a free education on how to be a young mobile QB and not cost your team wins.

Two nice gifs of great catches.
dez.gif

lloydcatch.gif

Eh, Seachickens went conservative after they took the lead but realy they had the game under control the whole time. Time to tank for draft picks.

Yeah, all the Skins need is a QB, RB, some WRs, offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs. Easy fix.

No pro team should rely on draft picks to save their butts. 90% of a team are seasoned vets who should be playing at the pro level. A first round draft pick might bring some magic, energy and hype, but they ain't gonna fix problems. Can you imagine the redskins fielding a team of rookies and expecting to win? Look at Detroit. How many times have they had first pick?? and they are still losers!!

If a team can't get it done with their vets, they need to spend some money in the right places and get the vets who can win.

Yeah, all the Skins need is a QB, RB, some WRs, offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs. Easy fix.

Honestly I think if we can just fix our defensive secondary that'd be a huge plus! They give up some big plays. I was glad some of the younglings got to get some playing experience last night though lol

Honestly I think if we can just fix our defensive secondary that'd be a huge plus! They give up some big plays. I was glad some of the younglings got to get some playing experience last night though lol

Amerson and Breeland are good young players IMO. Just need seasoning, which is perfect because this season is pointless anyway.

O-line is the biggest problem IMO. Tyler Polumbus is friggin garbage and shouldn't even be on the practice squad. And Chester, Lichtensteiger, and Lovou are just as bad. They need to clone Trent Williams.

No pro team should rely on draft picks to save their butts. 90% of a team are seasoned vets who should be playing at the pro level. A first round draft pick might bring some magic, energy and hype, but they ain't gonna fix problems. Can you imagine the redskins fielding a team of rookies and expecting to win? Look at Detroit. How many times have they had first pick?? and they are still losers!!

If a team can't get it done with their vets, they need to spend some money in the right places and get the vets who can win.

Or maybe they shouldn't give four high picks for one player.

RGIII isn't the savior, the picks they gave up for him are the reason they aren't playing better.

Or maybe they shouldn't give four high picks for one player.

RGIII isn't the savior, the picks they gave up for him are the reason they aren't playing better.

Back in 98-ish, Mike Ditka gave up the Saints ENTIRE DRAFT for Ricky Williams. The whole draft. Every pick. It took Hurricane Katrina to get us out from under that disaster.

Haha yeah I like to joke about the draft picks, but I do agree with you. I liked how they talked about Pete Carroll last night. They said he just goes and gets guys who can't stay away from football and are self-driven. Seems like a great strategy IMO. Wish the Skins would try it :D

Amerson and Breeland are good young players IMO. Just need seasoning, which is perfect because this season is pointless anyway.

O-line is the biggest problem IMO. Tyler Polumbus is friggin garbage and shouldn't even be on the practice squad. And Chester, Lichtensteiger, and Lovou are just as bad. They need to clone Trent Williams.

Yeah Amerson and Breeland could both be really great I think. Offensive line was my next trouble area to list lol.

Back in 98-ish, Mike Ditka gave up the Saints ENTIRE DRAFT for Ricky Williams. The whole draft. Every pick. It took Hurricane Katrina to get us out from under that disaster.
I think that ended Ditka's coaching career, the wedding picture probably didn't help either..

No player is worth more than two first round picks if you're building a team, maybe if you're one player away from a championship. There are so many late round gems that a case could be made for trading down to get more picks as opposed to trading up. A first rounder has a better chance of making the team, but a late rounder that makes the team also helps from the cap angle, which like it or not is a part of your football strategy.

Back