I'm ready for some football.

So you want to blame the SEC and the BCS for Utah's weak schedule?

No, the SEC is merely doing what's best for the SEC, and I agree that's what any conference would do. But the NCAA needs to balance that out by looking out for everyone. I blame the NCAA for not controlling NCAA football and keeping the competition fair and open.

As for a playoff system, I'm totally all for it, but it's going to be as screwed up as the BCS because it's a fucking committee of humans picking the 4 teams. How can that not get messed up? I think they should keep the BCS system around just to rank the teams, and whoever the top 8 are at the end of the year, they go play a tournament. No conference affiliations, no this bowl gets this team, no tie ins, just seed them 1-8. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, and so on until we have a true undeniable national champion.

I totally agree with this, but I think the NCAA should step in to the scheduling thing and equalize strength of schedule to a practcable extent and give the smaller programs home and homes against the larger ones.

No, the SEC is merely doing what's best for the SEC. I blame the NCAA for not controlling NCAA football and keeping the competition fair and open.

What is "fair and open"? Your bleeding heart is showing again. You can't apply your commie ideals to football. You can't force blue-chip recruits from Alabama to go play at Eastern Wyoming Polytech. So what if the NCAA stepped in and demanded that teams like Utah fill their schedules with USC, Oregon, UCLA and teams like that, and Utah goes 2-10? Guess what happens then? They can't recruit. No kid wants to go to a 2-10 school. Teams in the SEC already have a brutally tough schedule. You can't make theirs any harder, so to make it a level playing field, you have to make the small teams play harder schedules. It's not going to work out for them.

He doesn't seem to have the arm strength anymore but it just doesn't matter because he's still accurate and can read a defense like few others ever have in the history of the game.

I went to bed after the first quarter because I have to get up early and I find out he threw seven touchdowns in three quarters. There's no downplaying that.

The NCAA is about money.

I totally agree with this, but I think the NCAA should step in to the scheduling thing and equalize strength of schedule to a practcable extent and give the smaller programs home and homes against the larger ones.

That's dumb. The only reason those smaller teams go to Florida to get whooped is to collect a check. A big check. Florida doesn't need to travel to Wyoming or Idaho "to make it fair". LSU hosts North Texas occasionally, and N Tex gets paid handsomely, they take the loss, and those N Tex players get to play in front of 90,000+ people on the biggest stage. You want LSU to have to travel to N Tex University to make it fair? Do you actually think North Texas' home field advantage is going to mean anything against a big program? Okay, so LSU goes to N Texas and beats them 70-3 instead of 77-3. Yay! It's more fair! Lol. Their stadium doesn't have enough seats for LSU's band. What can those schools offer a school like Florida? It's all about dollars. The little school needs the money and wants the exposure, the bigger schools have money to spare and use the game as a tune-up. That's plenty fair.

He doesn't seem to have the arm strength anymore but it just doesn't matter because he's still accurate and can read a defense like few others ever have in the history of the game.

I agree. Arm strength is nice, but accuracy and reading defenses is better, and yeah he has that in spades. He never really had a cannon arm that I can recall. His greatness is all cerebral and having a really, really quick release.

IBB, I give you credit though for thinking a little differently from the usual hater. Most people are just sick of the SEC and want a change of scenery. That's perfectly understandable. You on the other hand actually want to socialize college football. That's hilarious. :laughings:

The SEC is still the Big Kahuna of college football, but I don't think Alabama will be going for the 3-peat this year. My Hokies played some nasty defense on them, sure, but even without that the Tide offense didn't look too great. Haven't really read up on any of the other SEC teams yet though...or other college teams in general so far. Been concentrating on my NFL fantasy league.

The SEC is still the Big Kahuna of college football, but I don't think Alabama will be going for the 3-peat this year. My Hokies played some nasty defense on them, sure, but even without that the Tide offense didn't look too great. Haven't really read up on any of the other SEC teams yet though...or other college teams in general so far. Been concentrating on my NFL fantasy league.

Bama's o-line is young and patched together. Saban is the best coach in college football and Bama's bench warmers could start anywhere else, so I tend to think they'll get it together. 3-peat? I hope not. I'm holding out hope that my LSU Tigers will mow their way through the SEC and get a redemption shot at Clemson. We owe them faggy copycat bitches.

Texas is in bad shape. When the aggies are the biggest story in Texas, the end is near. Time to fire Mack Brown. He's lost his mojo.

Back