I'm ready for some football.

acidrock said:
If Rodgers and Watt switched teams, the Texans would be way better off than the Packers.

Awesome as Watt is, there's no denying this. Rodgers plays like he's still pissed that Alex Smith got all his money 10 years ago.

Greg_L said:

I'm not sure if I ever said this word, but that's the same word that popped in my head when I saw that.

Greg_L said:
Yeah Jordy Nelson is legit, and he's white!

That is pretty impressive, but a white cornerback would be really impressive. Not necessarily even that good of one... just one good enough to start in the NFL. I think Cortland Finnegan is as close as there's going to be. :)

That is pretty impressive, but a white cornerback would be really impressive. Not necessarily even that good of one... just one good enough to start in the NFL. I think Cortland Finnegan is as close as there's going to be. :)

I joke with my nephew all the time that there are no viable white cornerbacks and no black punters or place kickers.

There have been some decent white safeties, like John Lynch, but I can't recall a white cornerback since Jason Sehorn.

I joke with my nephew all the time that there are no viable white cornerbacks and no black punters or place kickers.

There have been some decent white safeties, like John Lynch, but I can't recall a white cornerback since Jason Sehorn.

Right, Sehorn was the only one I remember. I think he lasted a couple years as a corner before the Giants switched him to safety. What I remember most about him is that he married that hot chick from Law & Order. White safeties didn't used to be that rare. Lynch is the one that comes to my mind right off the bat, too, though I would imagine there are probably some starting for some teams these days. Especially on running downs. :)

Right, Sehorn was the only one I remember. I think he lasted a couple years as a corner before the Giants switched him to safety. What I remember most about him is that he married that hot chick from Law & Order. White safeties didn't used to be that rare. Lynch is the one that comes to my mind right off the bat, too, though I would imagine there are probably some starting for some teams these days. Especially on running downs. :)

LSU had a white safety named Craig Steltz that spent a little time with the Chicago Bears. That cat was an animal in college, but he never really made a dent in the NFL.

I used to play cornerback and safety back in the day! I was fast fast fast, like black kid fast, and I was fearless. I couldn't tackle though. I was more of a ball hawk. I'd tip passes and get picks, but goddamn I couldn't stop a big runningback coming right at me. I got trucked a few times. :laughings:

LSU had a white safety named Craig Steltz that spent a little time with the Chicago Bears. That cat was an animal in college, but he never really made a dent in the NFL.

I used to play cornerback and safety back in the day! I was fast fast fast, like black kid fast, and I was fearless. I couldn't tackle though. I was more of a ball hawk. I'd tip passes and get picks, but goddamn I couldn't stop a big runningback coming right at me. I got trucked a few times. :laughings:

I was also a corner and free safety, but I wasn't black kid fast! :) The worst was when the other team had a good running back and I had to make a head-on tackle because our linebackers sucked. I went for the knees! I stopped playing in 11th grade because I got tired of getting mauled by guys 60 lbs heavier than me. :)

I was also a corner and free safety, but I wasn't black kid fast! :) The worst was when the other team had a good running back and I had to make a head-on tackle because our linebackers sucked. I went for the knees! I stopped playing in 11th grade because I got tired of getting mauled by guys 60 lbs heavier than me. :)

Yes exactly. That's why I'll rarely bet against a team with a lot of depth at runningback. Football might be a passing game right now, but defenses get tired of tackling those strong fuckers.

Yes exactly. That's why I'll rarely bet against a team with a lot of depth at runningback. Football might be a passing game right now, but defenses get tired of tackling those strong fuckers.

The Cowboys showed how it's done in the early part of the season. You have to commit to the run game, though. Seems that if a team that's trying to run goes three-and-out on their first few possessions, they start throwing. But if they keep at it, by the 4th quarter they're getting at least five yards every run and killing as much clock as they want.

Yup. The Cowgirls have probably the best o-line in football, and a beast runningback. They can afford to stick with the run. Most teams don't have that luxury and once you fall behind, you gotta start throwing.

The Eagles have them this weekend. I hope they come out looking like they did on Thanksgiving. And I hope we can stuff them early and score points, so as you say, they don't have a choice but to start chucking it. And Romo must go down, and he must go down hard.

How about Johnny Manziel today? More like Johnny Soccer. Not that I expected him to do well. No one did. But he looked especially lost and confused.

With all them white shirts jumping through his O-line. I only saw tidbits of that game, but it didn't look good.

So, here's a question. I'm not up on all the details of the draft, but couldn't he have gone undrafted and negotiated a deal with any team?? Or are the rookies required to go through the draft process, then sign undrafted if they don't get picked up?

I didn't see much of his game, but I happened to be watching when he threw two picks. I can't remember how much time his line gave him, but he was certainly inaccurate as hell.

I'm not positive about this, but I believe you have to go through the draft process for your first year of eligibility, which I believe is three years after playing in high school (or later). If you don't enter the draft, you have to wait one year (essentially miss what would have been your first season), and then you could theoretically sign with any team.

Very unsure about most of what I wrote.

Back