I'm ready for some football.

I keep forgetting it was only a few years ago that UF was a powerhouse. Right up until Urban Jerkoff said he was having heart problems and had to quit, which was right after he'd turned the program into the dirtiest in the country and repercussions were about to be felt. Then the OSU job opened up and his heart got better.

Yeah Urban Meyer is a smug fucking kunt. He's so full of shit. Funny how his heart went bad and he wanted to be a family man at the exact same time Tebow graduated. Then Ohio State backup up the money truck and he was healed and his family went back to being distant acquaintances.

Besides this most recent Muschamp debacle, Florida had been very relevant for a while. Even back to the 80s and 90s, Steve Spurrier had those guys hanging half-a-hundred on everyone way before all this spread shit started spinning the scoreboards. Spurrier's Florida was a major pain in the ass for the rest of the SEC.

Yeah Urban Meyer is a smug fucking kunt. He's so full of shit. Funny how his heart went bad and he wanted to be a family man at the exact same time Tebow graduated. Then Ohio State backup up the money truck and he was healed and his family went back to being distant acquaintances.

Besides this most recent Muschamp debacle, Florida had been very relevant for a while. Even back to the 80s and 90s, Steve Spurrier had those guys hanging half-a-hundred on everyone way before all this spread shit started spinning the scoreboards. Spurrier's Florida was a major pain in the ass for the rest of the SEC.

"Half-a-hundred!" :) Love that one. Haven't heard anyone say it in a while. I will manufacture a reason to say it next time I'm out.

I remember the fun-and-gun. At least Spurrier knows he's an asshole. I get the feeling Meyer is pleased with himself and sees no hypocrisy in his behavior. While I admire that to some extent, it pisses me off. I am cursed with a conscience. Can't stand the fucks with no such burden.

Well Ohio St sure made their case to be top 4. Unbelievable. My personal belief is that it doesn't matter that Baylor beat TCU head-to-head because Oh St just punked both of them out of the top 4. Bama, Oregon, and Fl St are in without a doubt. We knew someone would get screwed. Hey Big 12, "one true champion" my ass. Your co-champ nonsense fucks you up and takes away credibility.

I'm conflicted between Oregon and Bama. Bama is looking great overall except for their tendency to give up an untimely big play here and there, and Oregon is nothing but big plays. That should worry Bama. Bama is grown man football though. Oregon hasn't played a team that can slow things down and physically grind you up like Bama. I think they Ohio State is a nice story and fully raped Wisconsin, but Wisconsin is like 1/3 the team the rest of the top 4 would line up against Ohio State. And Florida St finally played a complete game and still almost lost. Big credit for always pulling it out for the win, but living on the edge surely has to catch up with them at some point.

So the Greg College Playoff Committee of One Top 4 goes like this:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State

Sorry TCU and Baylor.

Well Ohio St sure made their case to be top 4. Unbelievable. My personal belief is that it doesn't matter that Baylor beat TCU head-to-head because Oh St just punked both of them out of the top 4. Bama, Oregon, and Fl St are in without a doubt. We knew someone would get screwed. Hey Big 12, "one true champion" my ass. Your co-champ nonsense fucks you up and takes away credibility.

I'm conflicted between Oregon and Bama. Bama is looking great overall except for their tendency to give up an untimely big play here and there, and Oregon is nothing but big plays. That should worry Bama. Bama is grown man football though. Oregon hasn't played a team that can slow things down and physically grind you up like Bama. I think they Ohio State is a nice story and fully raped Wisconsin, but Wisconsin is like 1/3 the team the rest of the top 4 would line up against Ohio State. And Florida St finally played a complete game and still almost lost. Big credit for always pulling it out for the win, but living on the edge surely has to catch up with them at some point.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State

Sorry TCU and Baylor.

Couldn't believe that freaking OSU game. Wisconsin ain't bad, either... I'm sure you remember how they gave away a game they should have won at Death Valley earlier this year. OSU has to be the 4th. I bet the Big 12 has a championship game next year.

Bama and Oregon the clear favorites.

Couldn't believe that freaking OSU game. Wisconsin ain't bad, either... I'm sure you remember how they gave away a game they should have won at Death Valley earlier this year. OSU has to be the 4th. I bet the Big 12 has a championship game next year.

Bama and Oregon the clear favorites.

Wisconsin didn't play LSU at LSU. It was a neutral field game, and I don't remember them giving it away, but they lost to a very underwhelming LSU team. Wisconsin is a one-man team in another lopsided conference of haves and have-nothings.

Wisconsin didn't play LSU at LSU. It was a neutral field game, and I don't remember them giving it away, but they lost to a very underwhelming LSU team. Wisconsin is a one-man team in another lopsided conference of haves and have-nothings.

It was? Well, I can't say I watched the game, we turned it on for two minutes when it was 24-7 in the 4th quarter. Wisconsin's never a one-man team since they always have a good offensive line full of corn-fed country boys. They're not good, but I had them figured as a legitimate top-20 team. Probably. Who the hell knows, the Big Ten sucks so bad you can't know for sure.

No doubt the Big 12 has got to step it up next year. I bet they have enough 'qualified' programs to compete against the SEC as a conference if only a couple of more teams would get their act together. Texas being one of them. OU is on the right path, maybe they'll be a contender next year.

Look at me, already looking at next year. :facepalm: :laughings:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State

Sorry TCU and Baylor.

Nailed it. :D

And for the first time in about 20 years I turned my Saints game off at halftime. :(

Nailed it. :D

And for the first time in about 20 years I turned my Saints game off at halftime. :(
They had a rough go with the Panthers. Fuck the Panthers though, Newton is still a bitch.

So how exactly does the playoff system work? Is it #1 vs #2 and the winner of that plays #3 vs #4? School's got me out of the loop on the college front. I would say though, with Oregon's track record vs SEC teams, if Oregon and Bama end up playing then I'm going to be nervous for the Ducks.

WTF is wrong w/the Saints?:confused:
They're getting beat downs at home! Makes no sense to me!

No one can explain it. It's the strangest football mystery I've ever seen in my life. We went from invincible at home to incompetent at home in a matter of weeks. This is has been the most inexplicable season that I can remember with the Saints, and we've had many bad seasons.

They had a rough go with the Panthers. Fuck the Panthers though, Newton is still a bitch.
The panthers were "up" for this game. They felt that the Saints ran the score up on them last year. Waaah. Fucking pussies. They got their revenge though. They'll never be real contenders with scam newton at QB though. Drew Brees will eventually go into the hall of fame, scam newton will be flipping burgers.

So how exactly does the playoff system work? Is it #1 vs #2 and the winner of that plays #3 vs #4? School's got me out of the loop on the college front. I would say though, with Oregon's track record vs SEC teams, if Oregon and Bama end up playing then I'm going to be nervous for the Ducks.
1 plays 4, 2 plays 3.

Bama will play Ohio St. Oregon will play FSU.

Bama and Oregon could meet up for the championship, and Oregon has a very real chance at winning that game. Bama is not invincible this season. They give up big plays. But their offense is more open than years past, and they still will pound you to death with their arsenal of stud runningbacks, so Oregon better be ready to defend everything.

Drew Brees will eventually go into the hall of fame, scam newton will be flipping burgers.
I don't doubt that one bit; I wouldn't be surprised if Newton ends up being a post-game announcer for fox like the Rapeven's murderer Ray Lewis did.

1 plays 4, 2 plays 3.

Bama will play Ohio St. Oregon will play FSU.

Bama and Oregon could meet up for the championship, and Oregon has a very real chance at winning that game. Bama is not invincible this season. They give up big plays. But their offense is more open than years past, and they still will pound you to death with their arsenal of stud runningbacks, so Oregon better be ready to defend everything.
I've only actually seen Oregon play twice this season which sucks because that's my team... Always seems like their team, like most of the other Pac12 teams, has a smaller, faster defensive front. How that will stand up to an SEC running offense is anybody's guess. I just remember when they played Auburn 4(?) years ago in the championship game - should've won - and got their asses ripped. Bama is tough; I'd say that they're a whole hell of a lot tougher than Auburn could've hoped to be that year. We'll see.

I don't doubt that one bit; I wouldn't be surprised if Newton ends up being a post-game announcer for fox like the Rapeven's murderer Ray Lewis did.

I've only actually seen Oregon play twice this season which sucks because that's my team... Always seems like their team, like most of the other Pac12 teams, has a smaller, faster defensive front. How that will stand up to an SEC running offense is anybody's guess. I just remember when they played Auburn 4(?) years ago in the championship game - should've won - and got their asses ripped. Bama is tough; I'd say that they're a whole hell of a lot tougher than Auburn could've hoped to be that year. We'll see.

The smaller athletic defensive line eventually gets blown off the ball by the power team's bigger, stronger offensive line. That's how power-run teams like Bama and LSU consistently win against smaller, quicker teams. By the 4th quarter, the defense is gassed from trying to get through 300 pound lineman only to get trucked by waves of 230 pound runningbacks. They get tired of it. It shows. I've watched so many SEC games where one team's running game seems to get better and better as the game goes on. It defies logic. But the reason is simple; the running attack gets better because the opposing defense can't take the battering anymore.

On the flip side, a small athletic offensive line can't stop a gigantic dominant defensive line. That's what happened in that Oregon/Auburn championship game. Nick Fairley took over that game because Oregon's little quick offense line couldn't maintain their composure against a guy that eats ford trucks for breakfast. And without the o-line doing their job, a gimmicky offense like Oregon that depends of quick efficiency cannot operate efficiently. Football is still all about the line of scrimmage and who wins the line of scrimmage. It's usually the big guy.

Loving this Sunday night game... Rivers being Rivers and stinking it up but, somehow, New England is still only barely hanging on. :laughings:

Dear TCU and Baylor - STFU.

TCU - You're a nice team, well coached, fun to watch, but you did not win the Big 12.

Baylor - okay, you have a gripe. You got shafted by your own conference's idiotic refusal to have enough teams for an actual conference championship game. You're also a victim of circumstance. Had Ohio St not totally ass raped Wisconsin, which no one on earth saw coming, you might have got in.

I don't think any of these schools (TCU, Baylor, etc) have a right to complain - because they lost a game. Win out or STFU. Ohio State had a real bad loss to VA Tech by two TDs, but their wins over Michigan State and Wisconsin are stronger than TCU's wins against Kansas State and Oklahoma.

Michigan State > Kansas State (barely)
Wisconsin >> Oklahoma
Losing to Baylor >>> Losing to VA Tech

It's a coin flip IMO.

Baylor has a better case. They beat TCU - which is a higher quality win than any Ohio State had. They also lost to a 5 loss WVA team which actually was better than the 6 loss Virginia Tech team that Ohio State was curb stomped by. And they beat Kansas State which is also superior to Ohio State's second best win.

TCU > Michigan State
Kansas State > Wisconsin
West Virginia > Virginia Tech
Minnesota = Oklahoma

^^^All three are in Baylor's favor. I am not seeing a huge difference in terms of strength of schedule either. I guess if it were up to me I'd have gone with Baylor. But I'm still fine with it because Baylor at least had a legit shot at this thing and they blew it.

The patriots travel well. That sounded like a home game half the time last night.

When the Packers go to Tampa to play the Bucs, it will be a home game.

I'm still a little shell shocked from the Wisconsin game, I could handle losing 38-10 or something like that, but it was more like a big school/cupcake blowout. Yecchhh!

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the Packers will have a better game than the Badgers did Saturday, tonight.

Back