If anyone wants to practice their mixing, here you go!

Here's my mix. http://www.box.net/shared/5nbzfe96j1

I really hope someone will comment on my work.

Nice work, very balanced!

It's got quite a few compression artifacts from the low bitrate mp3, so you may want to export it a higher bitrate if you can so folks can get a more accurate picture of your work. I know I'd love to hear it at 160 or 192. Also something squirrely happened to the lead guitar solo at 3:57...not sure if it was the file I uploaded or on your side, but no big deal. I liked the "megaphone" effect on the intro guitar part, nice touch.

Thanks for sharing!

Just got notified that Sound on Sound mag will do a "Mix Rescue" on this song, so any one that mixes it should hang on to your mix so you can compare what you did with what they do. Great learning tool!

don't forget to post your mixes here as well and share them with us!

I have decided to have a blast at it too. I'm more into my metal and i'm struggling to get my bands EP sounding nice and clear, but i've yet to reamp any of the guitars and tweak my guitars so thats probably why!!!

But anyway, I need a break from that!

I'm going to go in blind, i'm not listening to what you've done already, i'm going straight for what I hear!

I'll post my results for you soon and you can all tell me how shit I am :D

I have decided to have a blast at it too. I'm more into my metal and i'm struggling to get my bands EP sounding nice and clear, but i've yet to reamp any of the guitars and tweak my guitars so thats probably why!!!

But anyway, I need a break from that!

I'm going to go in blind, i'm not listening to what you've done already, i'm going straight for what I hear!

I'll post my results for you soon and you can all tell me how shit I am :D

Sweet, have at it!

I'm not able peak at your apples...it's telling me to log in before I can listen to the file.

Back