I think we should leave

jibran

DC's Finest
We are obviously not welcome on this BBS.

I love the community we have here but we are not respected at all on the boards. For example, check that "tangerine" guy's post history. These people hate hip hop and they use us as a catchphrase for all that is unintelligent.

So, for my part, I'll give Illmuzik invitations for those of y'all that want them or, we can create our own forum.

What do y'all think?

Ji.. i think you are readin into to much of the post in here..some you just take as a grain of salt..other you read and learn..dont think just cause of some posted disgrace toward Hip-hop is everyone view on it..and dont let folks run you off from board to board...

stay and injoy the information you receive from other posted that doesnt look at the genre of music as different but as a way to help you improve on your music...

Reactions: XLR
bknot1 said:
Ji.. i think you are readin into to much of the post in here..some you just take as a grain of salt..other you read and learn..dont think just cause of some posted disgrace toward Hip-hop is everyone view on it..and dont let folks run you off from board to board...

stay and injoy the information you receive from other posted that doesnt look at the genre of music as different but as a way to help you improve on your music...

Very True!

Resist the 'Devil and he will flee............. If nobody responds, their purpose is foiled and becomes Null n Void!!!!!

I just stay in this forum here.I only go elsewhere when its absolutely necessary.Its a lot of knowledgable people in this forum .Ignore the garbage and don't let that keep you from learning.

ummmm. Interesting.

Well, my look is that everyone here who stays is dedicated. Keep looking for knowledge. Ask questions. Look for guidance and excel. So, leave it at that and move on. The real truth is there. And anyone can figure out the real deal. Let others do what they do. Everyone here has a goal. And that is to network, learn, and make connections. So what if you see bad posts with disrespect. Keep doing what you do. Because at the end knowledge is power. And the truth ALWAYS comes to light. No matter how long it takes.

Folks who post disrespect have too much time on their hands. I tell real truth and how it is... Learn, grow, and use your time wisely...

Most of the problems stem from the responses by rappers when questions aren't answered exactly how they want them to be. Like the massive amounts of "best mic for rap" threads. Some of us get on and tell them to search, other give them a hard time and what do they do? They flip out and call everyone racist and start threatening everyone. They don't even realize that plenty of non rappers get the same treatment. Rappers need to chill and laugh this shit off, don't be so angry and you may get more respect than you'd imagine. Also don't get in your head that an mxl990 and pro tools le is gonna make you rich and famous, it could but the percentages are small. Again RAPPERS NEED TO CHILL OUT, most of you seem way to hot headed and very quick to jump the gun.

It's all bout communication. Even in the business world. Lines can get crossed and misinterpreted. SO let's keep it movin. Everyone here should do their part and give input. Not back and forth to get no where.

jonnyc said:
Most of the problems stem from the responses by rappers when questions aren't answered exactly how they want them to be. Like the massive amounts of "best mic for rap" threads. Some of us get on and tell them to search, other give them a hard time and what do they do?

I feel you should search first. But, what's this about others give a hard time. Is that right of the bat? Or do we say something first. Again let's get this right and LEARN to move forward... This is a community folks.

I don't know if slang gets read differently. And I know that folks like to joke. But, unlike joking face to face with someone, you can't see them here and things get twisted...

There definitely is a communication disconnect that I've seen between the rock guys and the hip-hop guys at HR. Verbal mannerisms get misinterpreted and over-reacted to, it seems. And that gets in the way of discussions about recording quality. A shame, really, since that's the point of these boards.

But hell, don't be offended by something like Tangerine's thread. EVERYTHING is made fun of here, as well as being taken seriously. An odd duality.

Tim

BeatsBuY said:
It's all bout communication. Even in the business world. Lines can get crossed and misinterpreted. SO let's keep it movin. Everyone here should do their part and give input. Not back and forth to get no where.

jonnyc said:
Most of the problems stem from the responses by rappers when questions aren't answered exactly how they want them to be. Like the massive amounts of "best mic for rap" threads. Some of us get on and tell them to search, other give them a hard time and what do they do?

I feel you should search first. But, what's this about others give a hard time. Is that right of the bat? Or do we say something first. Again let's get this right and LEARN to move forward... This is a community folks.

I don't know if slang gets read differently. And I know that folks like to joke. But, unlike joking face to face with someone, you can't see them here and things get twisted...

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Usually a rapper will come on and say "I want a top notch pro sounding mic for under 200 bucks" someone likek me will say "please do a search it's been aske a million times", others will tell him that a 200 dollar mic isn't going to be pro, others will just joke or call the guy stupid or whatever. That's when the whitey this, racist that, motherfuckers this, I'm famous and you bitches aint shit quotes start to fly out of the rappers mouths and that's when everything gets "twisted".

There's a lot of non-genre specific information here as far as gear and some good recording/mixing tips and techniques shared throughout this forum. Even if your a rapper/rocker/singer etc... if you go in "The Rack" forum and ask about a DBX 160 you going to get non-genre responses. If you go into the "Microphone" forum and ask what do you guys think of the AT4050 you'll get non-genre responses.

I think the second you attach your genre of music that's when things go down hill around here and it's kind of understandable. There is no best or better gear for any specific genre of music, it's all relative. The newbie rappers don't know that though so they proceed to ask what's the best this or that for rap, which pisses a lot of the non-rap people off because of the lack of research the newbie did (it also gives the more established rappers a bad rep). That's when we get the "What's the best mic for rap" threads with all of the jokes and insults, which are mostly funny. To me this forum is helpful because of the knowledge that's being shared.

For the guys that come into the hip-hop section and take cheap shots, they are doing it for attention and hoping there is a response just as ignorant as the initial post to verify their opinions of us.

I don't think we should leave, also there's no law about being a member to more than 1 forum ;)

jibran said:
We are obviously not welcome on this BBS.

I love the community we have here but we are not respected at all on the boards. For example, check that "tangerine" guy's post history. These people hate hip hop and they use us as a catchphrase for all that is unintelligent.

So, for my part, I'll give Illmuzik invitations for those of y'all that want them or, we can create our own forum.

What do y'all think?

Don't feel unwanted here....just cause someone makes fun of your music, I'm sure that you are not a big country fan....I get my fair share of crap too. Most things said on this bbs should never be taken to heart....peace :D

Oh! BTW.....I did at one time make fun of poppin paul....I don't feel guilty! :D

Here's a coincidence: I found Illmusik last night when I was surfing. It's a nice site and I shall visit it again.

Here's another thing: I'm an ignorant newbie (look at the number of posts I've made) but I like visiting HomeRecording.com because it's full of useful information.

Most of my favourite listening has been rock music from the 60s and 70s, but last year I discovered electronica/big beat because I was desperate to hear something different. Since then I've sloooowly got into making music on my computer and it's been tedious, painful and fun.

My point: I know NOTHING, absolutely nothing, about hip-hop. I can recognise Eminem and Fifty Cents from a photo but I wouldn't know a rap/hip-hop record if it hit me on the head. Seriously. I'm completely ignorant about the genre. East Coast, West Coast, Southern? They're just names to me. I haven't heard them and I couldn't discern them. But I've gradually been learning about drum loops and sequencers, and a residual memory of James Brown has been inching me towards hip-hop.

And few things give me as much pleasure as hearing a free drum loop from a magazine or a website. Some of that stuff is tight.

"Tight"?

:o

Ignore my ham-fisted attempt at being trendy and read on.

Since then I've tried to learn a little about making drum loops and electronica. Without sites like HR.com I'd have given up long ago. Especially as I have ginger hair. :p

What I'm trying to say is: music is a universal language. It can speak to anyone. I haven't read the thread where you get criticised because I've been too busy trying to find threads to learn from. Us newbies need people like you to keep posting.

I love Beethoven, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Sibelius, The Kinks, Hendrix, AC/DC and now I LOVE getting my hips hijacked by a neat hip-hop beat. And I understand some of the rapping is rather good ;) even though I haven't heard any of it. But I'm not going to let people put me off. Taste is subjective. There's no final arbiter.

If you like this website or just this forum then don't get put off by negative comments. Concentrate on the positive ones - like this one. :D

I'm absolutely jazzed (good word) at realising that there's so much good new music out there, whether it be esoteric electronica , hip-hop, glitch or experimental. I hope you are too, so much so that you won't let some negative comments dissuade you from using this website. :)

And did I mention that the day after suggesting ZZ Top's Cheap Sunglasses could stand a little chopping, a member posted a remix? That's the kind of thing that keeps me visiting HR.com. :cool:

Timothy Lawler said:
There definitely is a communication disconnect that I've seen between the rock guys and the hip-hop guys at HR. Verbal mannerisms get misinterpreted and over-reacted to, it seems. And that gets in the way of discussions about recording quality. A shame, really, since that's the point of these boards.

But hell, don't be offended by something like Tangerine's thread. EVERYTHING is made fun of here, as well as being taken seriously. An odd duality.

Tim

Point well taken Tim :D

A lot of people gave me bad rep cuz i was talking about Mics for Rap and hip hop. One guy left a comment saying Rap and Hip Hop sucks and shouldnt even be a real genre.

Ignorance at its finest -_-

jonnyc said:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Usually a rapper will come on and say "I want a top notch pro sounding mic for under 200 bucks" someone likek me will say "please do a search it's been aske a million times", others will tell him that a 200 dollar mic isn't going to be pro, others will just joke or call the guy stupid or whatever. That's when the whitey this, racist that, motherfuckers this, I'm famous and you bitches aint shit quotes start to fly out of the rappers mouths and that's when everything gets "twisted".

Oh I see. I haven't been at that forum so I don't know what goes on. It's good that we are know talking about this and can get an understanding...

This is turning out good. Let's continue... ;)

ItzCashew said:
A lot of people gave me bad rep cuz i was talking about Mics for Rap and hip hop. One guy left a comment saying Rap and Hip Hop sucks and shouldnt even be a real genre.

Ignorance at its finest -_-
Yep, you got that right man...there is and always will be much ignorance...If you let it get to you, the ignorant win...

With alot of wack shit being posted...just adding fuel to the fire....get ya bars up...,get them beats polished and then I would say they are ignorant.....but there is too much Sub Par music in rap today.

Back