I never dreamed..

NICE VOX !

Good tune.

Good guitars !

The bottom, as said before, is a minor problem.

Not bad at all though.

Sean

well put together song. Some real tasty soloing with good tone. How did you get your acoustic sound. Im having troubles.
The low end was somewhat thin. Maybe some eq would bring it out more..... The drumming was tight both played and mixed. As usual the Vocals were great.
Damn fine work.
Myx

nice song, really dig the guitar tone! The drum could be a little tighter IMO, and the overall mix is kinda on the bright side, can't hear the bass gtr too well. Other than that, good job, fresh.

Al

Hey David - dl'ed last night listened some & brought the mp3 to work to listen some more.

I guess I should get tired of saying this, but I don't, so...nice job. I liked the song, as always, I love your voice & the playing and recording is good.

I will jump on the lows are a little thin band wagon. It seems to me also, that the crash cymbals are just a little overpowering. Not terribly so, just a little, but it probably isn't helping with the overall "bright" sound of the mix.

This goes in the keepers folder for sure.

Nice work :)

Jamal Bucket;
areyou playing the piano too....??..nice.
na, but yeah that's a real guy on drums. Mix sounds mid scooped?:) could be man.
too bad about your username....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fuck ya, K?!!!:D haha, thanks for the listen mr. bucket..

ashulman;
This mix is way over my head so I have no constructive suggestions to make. Very nice job. Maybe some backing vocals wouldn't hurt.
Don't feel bad man, anything over a couple insterments to mix and it's way over my head too :) ...but I keep trying. Thanks ash!

Triple M;
Could probably use a little more overall low end to this. I think there's room down there for a bigger thumping bass.
I hear ya Trip, I'm thinking of retracking the bass on this tomorrow and see if I can get it better. Going to work on the acoustic's some more also.
Do I have to say this again????? Harmonies???? They'd sound terrific on this thing
:D , I'm working at it Trip.. I promise:) . Big thanks!

Cygnus X-1;
still haven't listened yet, but I'll be back tonight for sure..
Sure ya will:cool: , don't smoke it all up!:)

smellyfuzz;

The bottom, as said before, is a minor problem.
Yes sir...gonna give it another shot. Thanks for the ears smellyfuzz!

Myx62;
well put together song. Some real tasty soloing with good tone. How did you get your acoustic sound. Im having troubles.
I didn't really dig the acoustics on this..I think i've done better in the past, it's two diffrent gtr's in this.. martinD35/Takamine two diffrent rooms two yrs a part.. both were mic'ed with an audio-technica 4050/cm5. Thanks for the ears Myx62!

A1A2;
the overall mix is kinda on the bright side, can't hear the bass gtr too well
I'm working on it man:) Thanks for taking a listen Albert!

Jagular;
crash cymbals are just a little overpowering.
I think someone else mentioned that also, yeah it's a little on the harsh side of things. I'll take one more stab at it..maybe I can fix some things this time, had to give the ol ears a rest ya understand ha! Thanks for the kind words and listen Jag!

it took a little longer than I expected to get back here..

too bad I don't have anything useful to add.. this is a great song.. the vocals and guitars are top notch.. the sound is maybe a bit light on the bottom end, but it's almost sounds like it's because of some stereo widening effect or something? Now you'll probably say that you didnt use any.. :D very classic sounding tune man.. Yeah it is a little high on top though.. I'll drop 5 to try and off set the 1 star dickhead..

Hi freshears

I liked the song. very classic sound to it.
the drummer is REALLY good.
The lead guitar has got to be one of the best performances I have heard in years, really tasteful and emotional!
Thanks for the tune.

Excellent vocal as usual David. And as has been mentioned already, damn near perfect guitar work for this song. I loved that tone you got there. It had just a little bit of that Brian May sound in there. Nice Job!

Twist

Cygnus X-1 said:
it took a little longer than I expected to get back here..

too bad I don't have anything useful to add.. this is a great song.. the vocals and guitars are top notch.. the sound is maybe a bit light on the bottom end, but it's almost sounds like it's because of some stereo widening effect or something? Now you'll probably say that you didnt use any.. :D very classic sounding tune man.. Yeah it is a little high on top though.. I'll drop 5 to try and off set the 1 star dickhead..
haha, na no special effects man:) . I think i got the high end under control..cept' maybe the fake cymbals, couldn't do much with them. Worked on the bottom end some also. Thanks for the toke..err listen there Sam!

HevyD47Ca; Thanks for listening...and the kind words bro!

twist; Appreciate it twist...so when you coming out with another toon man? Don't keep us waiting dude!

Did another remix..if anyones intrested..
http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

if you don't get the chicks with your singing...no one will. great ld gtr sound too.

The mix is kinda weird and the flow to the drums, etc is a little strangish at times, but the vocals keep making up for that.

is cyanjaquar would say....you've got a 'wildcard' in your vocals.

It sure would be easy to fall into the 80's trap and putting up a Foreigner or Styx style music backdrop...which would still give you great results. But if you milk yourself (boy...that sounds kinky!), you'll pave your way. I think the music world needs another great singer of your caliber again. Long overdue.

mixmkr said:
if you don't get the chicks with your singing...no one will. great ld gtr sound too.

The mix is kinda weird and the flow to the drums, etc is a little strangish at times, but the vocals keep making up for that.

is cyanjaquar would say....you've got a 'wildcard' in your vocals.

It sure would be easy to fall into the 80's trap and putting up a Foreigner or Styx style music backdrop...which would still give you great results. But if you milk yourself (boy...that sounds kinky!), you'll pave your way. I think the music world needs another great singer of your caliber again. Long overdue.
Don't really know how to reply to all that, embarrassed and overwhelmed at the same time?:) I probably need to just stay outta here, i'm never going to be able to produce anything worth listening to sonic wise. Thanks for the ears and complements mix!

Most of what I wanted to say has been said already.

Freshears: you've got a classic rock voice man! Awesome! :D

Whoa... how did this slip by? Huge. Great big. Large. Very spacious.

"She was digging for gold..." Poetic way to put it. Great playing as usual. You and one mr. pglewis seem to have that grandiose approach working for you (plus a kick-ass understanding of reverb ;))

Everything is nice and clear. Even the tiny little piano in there. The only crit seems to be some noise added by mp3 encoding. Some female backups would set this off. Really. Power ballads from the late 70's - mid 80's probably aren't coming back, but this is as good as the best of 'em.

Nothing but preference in the way of critique... recording is beyond any feeble help I could give you. Thumbs yeeeupward!

C

Great tune!

The only thing that bothered me was the intro. I think it needs something there to establish the groove better. Once the drums kick in it's all good from there.

Excellent performance! You always sound like you mean every note.:)

This is excellent - well sung, well played, well tracked, well written.

I take it I'm hearing a newer mix than most of the guys who commented - drums seem too out front. Especially bothered by some heavy kicks on one that highlight some timing issues.

I would suggest that if you want heavy drums, the thing to push up would be the backbeat more than the kick. Big verby snare, sumpin like that.

And whoever said the intro detracted from the tune, I agree - but maybe just a light hint of where the beat is, like a hihat click, woulld be enough.

Tiny issues. Great work, man.

Hey David,

...man, this is great!! Very well written song, with a recording thats a pleasure to listen to. You really know this genre well. Nice changes and transitions arrangement-wise.
I really like the guitar tone in this. ....fits the tune nicely.

.....and Sweeeeeet vocs!! Damn!

I cant offer any mix suggestions from here (work), but i know my listening source well enough to know when something sounds good, and this sounds great!

Very nice stuff man.

gw/5

Pedullist; Already pm'ed you and thanked you, but i'll do it again...Thanks Ped!

participant;
She was digging for gold..." Poetic way to put it. Great playing as usual. You and one mr. pglewis seem to have that grandiose approach working for you (plus a kick-ass understanding of reverb )
Hahaha! Man I wished I could come half way close to pglewis's recordings. I just turn knobs till they kinda sound good to me Chad,:) ...sometimes I can dial in something kinda kool, most of the time..sounds like ass:D . Thanks man!

M.Brane;
The only thing that bothered me was the intro. I think it needs something there to establish the groove better. Once the drums kick in it's all good from there
There is another organ part I left out on the last mix (it was screwing with the bottom end) should of left it in the intro, might of helped a bit...but I do agree.
Excellent performance! You always sound like you mean every note.
Hey that's a nice complement cat, I appreaciate it. Thanks M.Brane!

dafduc;
I take it I'm hearing a newer mix than most of the guys who commented - drums seem too out front. Especially bothered by some heavy kicks on one that highlight some timing issues.
Good ears man, I think if I would of re-cut that bass trk I could of covered up a couple...maybe someday:) . Yeah kicks heavy. Thanks for the ears and words dafduc!

Guernica; I'm glad you listened on puter speakers, cause if you were to have listened on monitors...you would of burnt my ass:D
Hahaha!! Thanks alway's G!

I'm listening to the remix (version 3, I think). Comparing it to version 1 I can barely hear the difference. But that's ok, because version 1 was pretty darn good. I think the remix is a little clearer sounding, but the differences are pretty subtle. I guess that goes to show you're working on the finer details.

Again - good work on this tune.

d'oh! Tried to get this thing up to 5 stars where it belongs. Looks like you still need another vote or 2. Anyway - 5 from me.

Back