I never dreamed..

David

..I would put a mix up in the clinic, and just walk away:( I'm really sorry for that. The mix just kicked my ass, I even re-tracked it..just couldn't get a handle on it. I owe a lot of folks some listens. I wanna thank a few people that responded to my last mix,

Khompewtur
fprod south
Triple M
Toki987
B.SABBATH
King Elvis
Doug H
George..errr Kramer
Jagular
M.Brane
twist
skids
Lt. Bob
chrisharris
Emeric
caryindy

I appreaciate all you guy's.

Got a couple things going on at the moment, but I took some time out to do a little mixing. Hope this aint to hard on the ears :) , http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles the song is "I never dreamed" last one down.

Great rock balland, I love 6/8 tunes. Good performances and parts all around.

Tasty leads, love that "crunch crunch crunch crunch" to finish off the lead in. Part of me thinks this is just begging for a "Purple Rain" big ass 64 bar guitar solo at or near the end. :)

Arrangement and mix is good, a little thick on the bottom.

!!!, I just changed from my cheap phones to speakers. Holy crap does it ever sound different. There's a whole range of response on the vocal track I wasn't hearing.. like there's a smile eq on it and only the bottom comes through my phones. There's some weirdness up high on the ride that get's going after a few hits.

Cool lead tone. I think everything is pretty well balanced. Call me crazy, but towards the end there I got kind of a Black Crowes vibe from it. Good job on this, It's the first one of your's I've heard.

Very smooth production. I'm looking for glitches and I'm finding none. Nice performance on all the parts.
I can just hear some female background vocals wanting to go on this. :cool:
Nice work!

Dough H;
Arrangement and mix is good, a little thick on the bottom.
I was afraid it might be a little bottom heavy. I'll keep that in mind on the remix..thanks for that.

mbuster; Thanks for taking the time man. Crowes huh, that's kool.Thanks.

fprod south; Thanks for the listen dude. Yeah some backup singers would be nice...if I could just get these three daughters of mine to stop chasing boy's all the time, I would have plenty of b/g singer's:) . Thanks for checking bro.

the only thing i can see is the low end isnt really right....its like its not well defined (but this is my ears we're talking about)......
:D

as usual, great song and playing and overall recording.......

you have a great classic rock sound......

the keys were a nice touch..............

I think I would have rathered an ending like Doug Suggested.....this ending kinda just fell apart, kind of like when a band is rehearsing and they just run thru the song and just let the ending go, one guy is still fading and the others are reaching for their beer.......Im rambling again:p you get what im saying........

MIKE

the only thing i can see is the low end isnt really right....its like its not well defined (but this is my ears we're talking about)......
Oh I agree, ist it the bass gtr maybe? It had some hiss on that track as well..it was tracked a couple yrs ago so I might need to redo it. Yeah man, everything just falls apart at the end:D , i'm sure it was one of those late night recordings when we tracked this..I can't remember at this point though:) . Thanks Mike.

Dont let that drummer get far away. They are too hard to find man. This is a big tune with a big sounding mix. Maybe a little verby and ambient but it sounds good. I think that organ thing at the beggining right after the acoustic comes in is sharing a few too many of the same frequencies on the bass, that might be causing a little mud on the low end but the bass player is playing fine. The attack on the rythym guitar is a little crisp and dominant during the first 2 verses, it robs the snare just a little on the backbeat. The rest is really nice man and has a kinda live big club sound.
Is that a Yamaha verb?

Toki987 said:
Dont let that drummer get far away. They are too hard to find man. This is a big tune with a big sounding mix. Maybe a little verby and ambient but it sounds good. I think that organ thing at the beggining right after the acoustic comes in is sharing a few too many of the same frequencies on the bass, that might be causing a little mud on the low end but the bass player is playing fine. The attack on the rythym guitar is a little crisp and dominant during the first 2 verses, it robs the snare just a little on the backbeat. The rest is really nice man and has a kinda live big club sound.
Is that a Yamaha verb?

Dont let that drummer get far away.
Ha, man he moved off to Memphis on me a couple yrs back, but he still comes to record now and then. Did a remix this evening, that organ thing:D was screwing with the bottom end. I took it out and worked on the verbs a bit...it's probably worse tho:) . I'm on dial up so it might be up in about 3wks hehe! Thanks Ken.

oh yeah, the verb is a lex-500

Freshears,
My first listen and I listened to the re-mix. Very good tune, well written and put together nicely...I liked it a lot. You have a good voice. I see I have some listening to do by looking at your NWR page!

bd

I think it's better. Vocals seemed clearer and the bottom was tighter.

Man, your guitar playing sounds effortless, you nailed all those benders perfectly.

bdbdbuck; hey thanks for taking a shot at it, and glad ya liked it!

Doug H; bro I appreciate you taking another listen..bottom end sounds a little tighter huh? Great! No man nothing's effortless as far as my playing goes lol! I can't play for shit. Now you on the other hand, can play! Thanks for the re-listen Doug!

excellent emotive guitar playing ...YES! vocals great ..
areyou playing the piano too....??..nice.
..drums sit prety good...thats a real guy right?
im on headphones ..so this may be wrong...but the whole mix sounds sorta mid scooped....maybe diff on speakers..

too bad about your username....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D :D :D

jamal

This mix is way over my head so I have no constructive suggestions to make. Very nice job. Maybe some backing vocals wouldn't hurt.

I listened to the remixed version.

I really like your voice. So much power and emotion. Very good. Great lead guitar playing. Liked the sound too. Pretty big sound all across the board.

Could probably use a little more overall low end to this. I think there's room down there for a bigger thumping bass.

I wasn't crazy about the acoustic sound. Had somewhat of a "hollow" sound to it. I would want a warmer sound.

Do I have to say this again????? :) Harmonies???? They'd sound terrific on this thing.

Back