I bet most of y'all did not even hear about this...

A friend while doing his job was once asked, "What y'all doing out here?". Obviously playing the straight man he answered, "We're surveying." Then came the punchline, "Who y'all surveying?".

I once proclaimed Obama was an enigma, it nearly caused a riot.

A friend while doing his job was once asked, "What y'all doing out here?". Obviously playing the straight man he answered, "We're surveying." Then came the punchline, "Who y'all surveying?".

I once proclaimed Obama was an enigma, it nearly caused a riot.

Sense of humor is lost. Both stories absolutely true, though the second slightly exaggerated, sliding door open on vacation and someone within the room whispering "shhh", as of what was said could be misheard.

These are the jokes, people. Reality is sometimes stranger, and perhaps more hilarious, then fiction.

1800 special districts in FL. Fascist Ron goes after ones made before 1968 to single out Disney for opposing Ron’s bill.
How many of those other special districts are part of a mammoth corporation that enjoyed the kind of benefits and autonomy that Disney did that decided to interfere in state legislation that had nothing to do with their line of business so they could pretend to care about wokeness & DEI bs?

Bud light was boycotted by the right until Annheuser Busch lobbyists held a 10k per plate fundraiser for Trump.

What evidence is there that Bud Light and AB sales have recovered? I'm not a big beer drinker but I'll never knowingly buy an AB-related beer. No expiration on my boycott.

How many of those other special districts are part of a mammoth corporation that enjoyed the kind of benefits and autonomy that Disney did
We had this discussion already. The Villages and Universal for starters.
that decided to interfere in state legislation
They issued a statement. Your definition of “interfere” is exaggerated.
that had nothing to do with their line of business so they could pretend to care about wokeness & DEI bs?
Totally irrelevant. You’re just doing mental gymnastics to deal with the cognitive dissonance of supporting an authoritarian because you happen to agree with him. Someday you’ll be the victim of one and you’ll cry like a baby.
What evidence is there that Bud Light and AB sales have recovered? I'm not a big beer drinker but I'll never knowingly buy an AB-related beer. No expiration on my boycott.
You missed the point that Trump is clearly for sale. Not that we didn’t know that.

I'm not a big beer drinker but I'll never knowingly buy an AB-related beer.
I am and Bud is my elixir of choice. Or Mich Ultra. Both produced by the divil hisself. I also have some shares of Inbev. They have rebounded quite nicely. I don't care enough about corporate pandering to let it interfere with my beer drinking.

I can't remember... if I ever even knew..... what's people's beef with Anheuser-Busch? What is it that the easily-offended are upset about?

I can't remember... if I ever even knew..... what's people's beef with Anheuser-Busch? What is it that the easily-offended are upset about?
lol - silly really. There was a Bud Lite ad that catered to or featured gay folk. A rainbow can or some other make nice with LGBTQ pandering. "Fags drink Bud Lite" would probably have worked better.

Thank you. I don't think I ever saw that ad.

It's interesting to me that some folks who point fingers at others for being ultra-sensitive are, indeed, ultra-sensitive themselves. I sometimes think some folks get out of bed in the morning already predisposed to be offended by something. Just lookin to get cross-eyed over something.

brassplyer said:
How many of those other special districts are part of a mammoth corporation that enjoyed the kind of benefits and autonomy that Disney did that decided to interfere in state legislation that had nothing to do with their line of business so they could pretend to care about wokeness & DEI bs?
We had this discussion already. The Villages and Universal for starters.
No, you can't break up my question as if it's composed of unrelated clauses - the answer you're trying to avoid admitting to is that Disney alone fits the description.

They issued a statement. Your definition of “interfere” is exaggerated.
Lol - instead of staying neutral they actively campaigned against it. Election campaign ads are "statements" meant to influence voters. They spent millions and attempted to use their influence.

brassplyer said:
that had nothing to do with their line of business so they could pretend to care about wokeness & DEI bs?
Totally irrelevant. You’re just doing mental gymnastics to deal with the cognitive dissonance of supporting an authoritarian
It's completely relevant - DeSantis didn't have an opposition leader killed or jailed, he acted within his authority as governor to revoke a conditional accommodation that Disney was fully aware was granted conditionally at the discretion of the governing authorities. Disney stupidly decided to act counter to governing authorities on an issue that had nothing to do with their business operations. Some Disney employees bitched with no legitimate basis to bitch - the word "gay" appears nowhere in the bill. Yes I completely agree that the public schools have no business making the kind of topics the material in question is related to part of the curriculum. Schools have their hands full with core subject areas, they don't need to include DEI bullshit that many parents don't want in schools. If a parent wants their kid to hear about those kinds of things no one's stopping them from making it available to them outside of school.

I'm not in lock-step with DeSantis but I agree with him on that point and others such as immigration and making elections as cheat-proof as possible. If it makes you feel better I regard the words "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance to be completely improper. I actually protested the point when I was in elementary school. I'm sure DeSantis would disagree.

No, you can't break up my question as if it's composed of unrelated clauses - the answer you're trying to avoid admitting to is that Disney alone fits the description.
I broke it up to demonstrate that there are other massive special districts, including ones in the same industry. By separating out the one that spoke out against Desantis, you’re just proving my point that it was weaponizing the government. It doesn’t matter whether you feel it was Disney’s place or not. That’s entirely subjective. They have lgbt employees so they may have felt they had a vested interest in maintaining good relations with them etc. It just doesn’t matter. They acted within their legal rights. Desantis wrote a very specific bill with the intention of singling them out as retaliation. The only reason it doesn’t bother you is because you agree with Desantis’ culture war. You’re entitled to that opinion, but you are doing mental gymnastics to not admit to supporting a dangerous style of governing, because deep down you know exactly how fucked up it is.

We are in a new era of politics where the ends justifies the means. Trump has lowered the bar. Desantis has lowered the bar. You don’t care because it’s your agenda. One day it won’t be.

I’m not wasting any more time with you on this.

PorterhouseMusic said:
lol - silly really. There was a Bud Lite ad that catered to or featured gay folk. A rainbow can or some other make nice with LGBTQ pandering. "Fags drink Bud Lite" would probably have worked better.
Their new "woke", hip-n-happenin' young marketing VP with a fancy school pedigree Alissa Heinerscheid completely misread the room - i.e. she screwed up on the core mission of her position in Glorious Technicolor and publicly insulted their existing customer base, ironically calling their current customers "fratty...out of touch". She decided some guy who likes to cosplay as Holly Golightly would be a great icon for Bud Light. Turns out she was the one who was out of touch. She wanted to have an impact on their sales - she definitely did. :ROFLMAO:

This is the only time in my life a purchasing decision has been directly influenced by marketing. And the thing is it's all phony - the upper-echelon of these corporations don't give a shit, it's just posturing to create a fake image. The first thing they did as an ineffective attempt at damage control was put out another Clydesdale ad.

I broke it up to demonstrate that there are other massive special districts, including ones in the same industry. By separating out the one that spoke out against Desantis, you’re just proving my point that it was weaponizing the government. It doesn’t matter whether you feel it was Disney’s place or not. That’s entirely subjective. They have lgbt employees so they may have felt they had a vested interest in maintaining good relations with them etc. It just doesn’t matter. They acted within their legal rights. Desantis wrote a very specific bill with the intention of singling them out as retaliation. The only reason it doesn’t bother you is because you agree with Desantis’ culture war. You’re entitled to that opinion, but you are doing mental gymnastics to not admit to supporting a dangerous style of governing, because deep down you know exactly how fucked up it is.

We are in a new era of politics where the ends justifies the means. Trump has lowered the bar. Desantis has lowered the bar. You don’t care because it’s your agenda. One day it won’t be.

I’m not wasting any more time with you on this.
It's hilarious to hear you prattle on about "lowering the bar" and anyone weaponizing government or being "for sale" when you voted for the senile, profiteering, plagiarizing Potato in Chief and are fine with the weaponization of government and the courts by his puppeteers and other government officials against his main political rival who took his first political position knowing it would cost him money and certainly has never traded on his political office for personal enrichment unlike Joedaughtershowers.

"It's never been proven and, and..."

Save your breath and get treatment for that blind eye.

certainly has never traded on his political office for personal enrichment unlike Joedaughtershowers.

"It's never been proven and, and..."

Save your breath and get treatment for that blind eye.
The entire reason I brought up Bud Light was because trump reversed his position after the brewer’s lobbyists held a 10k per plate fundraiser for trump. Brought up his reversal on tik tok after meeting with their billionaire backer as well. He is trading on his office in plain sight. (Not to mention the number of known Russian mobsters who have held deeds to Trump properties). That all went over your head and you blathered about not liking beer.

L O fucking L. Project much?

The entire reason I brought up Bud Light was because trump reversed his position after the brewer’s lobbyists held a 10k per plate fundraiser for trump. Brought up his reversal on tik tok after meeting with their billionaire backer as well. He is trading on his office in plain sight. (Not to mention the number of known Russian mobsters who have held deeds to Trump properties). That all went over your head and you blathered about not liking beer.

L O fucking L. Project much?
Remind me who you voted for in the '20 POTUS election?

I am and Bud is my elixir of choice. Or Mich Ultra. Both produced by the divil hisself. I also have some shares of Inbev. They have rebounded quite nicely.
They're still down from when they told their customers they were fratty and out of touch.

I don't care enough about corporate pandering to let it interfere with my beer drinking.
Right, you're too attached to one particular label to care whether they insulted you. Sure tell us all a tall tale about how the flavor of their fermented grain water is distinctively superior to all others.

They're still down from when they told their customers they were fratty and out of touch.
I'm calling bullshit. Inbev shares bottomed out in May '23 following the infamous Dylan Mulvaney ad. They are up about 12% from there currently. My ownership high value was March '23 and the shares are at 90% of that value now. Still up over my period of ownership.
Right, you're too attached to one particular label to care whether they insulted you. Sure tell us all a tall tale about how the flavor of their fermented grain water is distinctively superior to all others.
Look at you projecting such bullshit on me. You can fuck right off. I have been drinking Bud for fifty years. Bud Heavy, not Bud Lite. I like it. I don't give a fuck what you think about it.

brassplyer said:
I'm calling bullshit. Inbev shares bottomed out in May '23 following the infamous Dylan Mulvaney ad. They are up about 12% from there currently. My ownership high value was March '23 and the shares are at 90% of that value now. Still up over my period of ownership.
You can call whatever you like, what I stated is correct - it's below where it was at the start of their wokeness woes. At the moment AB InBev is doing better than the worst of it but is below where they were in April '23 which is when Miss Heinerscheid worked her marketing magic. Unless the charts I'm looking at are wrong from what I see it hit bottom of 52.68 October '23 not May. I don't know about your ownership value but the stock peaked higher in April '23 than in March '23. Alissa sure took care of that. Betcha they'd be in better shape if they'd simply STFU about how woke they wanted to pretend to be and had just kept running their Clydesdale ads.

Alissa's stated goal was to reverse the downward trend they'd been on - instead they're not even where they were at the peak of April '23, not even at half of their peak in 2015/2016.

One year view.

1713130978324.png

I don't give a fuck what you think about it.
That must be why you're foaming at the mouth over it. Interestingly you didn't get that upset when Alissa told you you were out of touch.

Back