I bet most of y'all did not even hear about this...

I'm not sure I would characterize this as a "huge win for conservatives". Unless, of course, I was a political pundit fishing for people to hit the subscribe button.

I read the story when it ran a week or so back. The first thing that occurred to me is that it almost certainly is not as simple and tidy as "Disney loses, Desantis wins". It wreaked of backroom dealing - otherwise known as dirty dealing or the "C" word: corruption. Look at this part of the times article:

The settlement followed a conspicuous leadership shake-up at the district. Two people whom Disney viewed as particularly antagonistic — the founding chairman, Martin Garcia, and Glen Gilzean, a senior administrator — resigned this month. The typically outspoken Mr. Garcia, whose term would have stretched into 2027, gave no explanation. Mr. Gilzean, who had been caught in an ethics scandal in a prior government job, was appointed supervisor of elections for Orange County, which includes Orlando.

Mr. DeSantis replaced Mr. Garcia with Craig Mateer, a hospitality executive and a donor to the governor’s recent presidential campaign. Stephanie Kopelousos, a former legislative affairs director for the governor who also worked on his presidential campaign, was hired on Wednesday as the new administrator. Ms. Kopelousos worked closely with Disney lobbyists during her stint in Tallahassee; three years ago, she helped exempt Disney from a restrictive social media law.

Looks to me that almost certainly... in backroom dealing.... Disney got much of what it wanted - and Desantis got the appearance of a political victory.

I don't care for DeSantis though they love him in Florida. I also don't care for the gender-bending pronoun-slinging pandering to every last fringe group in the name of equality. I don't see any wins here just a reshuffling of the payoff formula. (Technically that could be a win for Desantis if that was what he was playing for.)

1800 special districts in FL. Fascist Ron goes after ones made before 1968 to single out Disney for opposing Ron’s bill.

Bud light was boycotted by the right until Annheuser Busch lobbyists held a 10k per plate fundraiser for Trump.

Trump railed against Tik Tok until one of their key backers met with Trump.

These are not wins for conservatives, they are wins for fascist dictators and corrupt officials. True conservatives would oppose this behavior.

1800 special districts in FL. Fascist Ron goes after ones made before 1968 to single out Disney for opposing Ron’s bill.

Bud light was boycotted by the right until Annheuser Busch lobbyists held a 10k per plate fundraiser for Trump.

These are not wins for conservatives, they are wins for fascist dictators and corrupt officials. True conservatives would oppose this behavior.
F'n precisely.

Not true... I'm still boycotting Bud Light and I will NEVER use Tik Tok.
Most of my right leaning friends feel the same.
Then again, boycotting Bud Light was easy for me because I don't drink beer. :P

This is going to lead to a big win for Trump.
The Georgia election case against Trump is a total scam, and Trump was right.... AGAIN!
Georgia DemonRats stole the election. My girl Melanie breaks it all down....

Not true... I'm still boycotting Bud Light and I will NEVER use Tik Tok.
Most of my right leaning friends feel the same.
Then again, boycotting Bud Light was easy for me because I don't drink beer. :P
Point was Trump was schilling for them after getting paid to do so whether or not you personally use the products.

This is going to lead to a big win for Trump.
The Georgia election case against Trump is a total scam, and Trump was right.... AGAIN!
Georgia DemonRats stole the election. My girl Melanie breaks it all down....

They did a hand recount (3 I think?), and the results were materially the same* as the machine count. If ballot images didn’t match, the hand count would be dramatically different than the machine count.

What would be easier to falsify here:

A) the actual ballots and machine counts for the actual election and heavily-scrutinized recounts, or

B) publicly-accessible scanned images of ballots and hand-written tally sheets to give an appearance that the election was fraudulent?

*Minor discrepancies from human error but nothing materially significant.

Also, the polls leading up to 2020 predicted a Biden win. The actual election tilted a little more towards Trump than even the polls suggested. That is significant. If polls predicted a Trump win and suddenly reality played out differently, that would be more suspicious.

It’s time to realize you were played.

Last edited:
So, Georgia is governed by the Mickey Mouse Club... figures.
I still don't know how Obama got elected... TWICE!
No wonder Biden is so smug.
The fix is in :cautious:

This coming election is going to be so very fuk'd!

Back