How to mix a home recording, budget edition..pt 1.

by spam I meant useless comments...you talked sh!t about my mixing skill but didn't even listen....

I didn't talk shit at all. I asked a simple question:

Do you think it's a good idea to "teach" mixing when you can't quite do it yourself?

Then I said:

Fair enough. Good luck. :)

No, I didn't listen. I don't feel there's anything for me to learn from beats and/or hip-hop, and I certainly don't have any tips for that genre.

No talking of shit anywhere in any of that.

In any case, you're making instructional vids for mixing rap with an iPhone. Forgive me for not taking it too seriously.

To be honest Teach, while I'm not criticizing what you were about here, Greg's first question was a reasonable one. As was his conclusion.
Blimey, he wasn't even rude !

I didn't talk shit at all. I asked a simple question:

Then I said:

No talking of shit anywhere in any of that.

In any case, you're making instructional vids for mixing rap with an iPhone. Forgive me for not taking it too seriously.

the comment read very condescending IMO...either way ...have you listened to the music yet or watched a video? if not please stop posting in my thread... :)

Do you want me to answer your questions, or stop posting? I can't do both.

reading comprehension? I'll try it again in bold and caps IF YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED OR WATCHED ANY OF THE VIDEOS PLEASE DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD

I even italicized the important transition word....

Dude! you need to change the battery in your smoke alarm!! that would really piss me off!.

You can't expect us to hear what you are doing when it's recorded on a phone..

Dude! you need to change the battery in your smoke alarm!! that would really piss me off!.

You can't expect us to hear what you are doing when it's recorded on a phone..

lol@smoke alarm...honestly I didn't notice I guess i'm used to it...but I will change it when I get home tonite

though you can't hear well from the video you can listen to the sound files to hear the cumulative result...is there a better way to go about it? cuz I'm not going to bounce each efx and wave and paste it in the video editor...too time consuming for the return at the moment...I felt the cumulative result would be enough...

If you can't be assed to do it correctly and put your best work out there, how can you expect anyone else to be assed to listen to it?

If you can't be assed to do it correctly and put your best work out there, how can you expect anyone else to be assed to listen to it?

what are you talking about? The point of me criticizing what I did, was 1. to let the world know I felt I could of done it better, 2. To push me to take the steps to make it better.

How I did this series wasn't the right way to do it...I should of got the track sounding the way I wanted to first. Then go back to show how I got there....not do it as I'm posting the series, which was how it was done. I wanted to try to have updates weekly and rushed to put something out. It wasn't the best way to do it, I understand that...

are you trying to be funny with the 'assed' thing...? And you still haven't posted a worthwhile comment in this thread FYI...

How I did this series wasn't the right way to do it...I should of got the track sounding the way I wanted to first. Then go back to show how I got there....not do it as I'm posting the series, which was how it was done. I wanted to try to have updates weekly and rushed to put something out. It wasn't the best way to do it, I understand that...

Exactly. You never had any intention of doing it properly and/or making it worthwhile for everyone else. You're just looking for youtube hits. I get it.

Yeah, but neither have you.

All my worthwhile comments are in the video and or blog...any question related to the thread I have answered...

Exactly. You never had any intention of doing it properly and/or making it worthwhile for everyone else. You're just looking for youtube hits. I get it.

what is your problem? you keep spamming my thread

How do I put someone on ignore?

All my worthwhile comments are in the video and or blog...any question related to the thread I have answered...

what is your problem? you keep spamming my thread

I'm not spamming. This is just a friendly conversation.

Jut put your fingers in your ears and keeping yelling "LALALALALLALALAA!" while they type.

And you really should learn the definition of "spamming". Because he ain't spamming. Actually, you are.

OK I'm spamming because I'm trying to give newbs and other home recording enthusiast a tutorial to making a decent sounding record....thanks gotcha...I'll keep that in mind, personally I would of killed for someone to do this when I joined the site in 2001

Back