How to mix a home recording, budget edition..pt 1.

Teacher

Last edited:
also forgot to mention its a video so no long reads lol...i'll try to get the second episode up by the weekend...that will go into drum mixing and maybe more depending how long the video is...

after listening to the mixes on different systems I think I still need to get the mix a little bit clearer...i'll address it on the next segment...

after listening to the mixes on different systems I think I still need to get the mix a little bit clearer...i'll address it on the next segment...

Do you think it's a good idea to "teach" mixing when you can't quite do it yourself?

thanks for the comment, like I said I don't know everything and wanted to create a discussion, surrounding things i'm specifically doing so I can improve and we can all hopefully learn something...did you listen to the tracks btw? and maybe any tips?

thanks for the comment, like I said I don't know everything and wanted to create a discussion, surrounding things i'm specifically doing so I can improve and we can all hopefully learn something...did you listen to the tracks btw? and maybe any tips?

Fair enough. Good luck. :)

No, I didn't listen. I don't feel there's anything for me to learn from beats and/or hip-hop, and I certainly don't have any tips for that genre.

What's that squeaking sound that I hear every few seconds????? Really annoying.... The sound quality is pretty terrible. It doesn't reflect the quality of your setup. You should consider using a high quality microphone and mix it with the video replace the crappy camera sound.

What's that squeaking sound that I hear every few seconds????? Really annoying.... The sound quality is pretty terrible. It doesn't reflect the quality of your setup. You should consider using a high quality microphone and mix it with the video replace the crappy camera sound.

you talking the video or the track? lol...Video is done with my Iphone 4 currently...next video i'll just replace the audio with the actual track since, there won't be the need of individual sounds

Isn't that the whole idea of this entire site ...Forums open for discussion about everything related to home recording.

Fair enough. Good luck. :)

No, I didn't listen. I don't feel there's anything for me to learn from beats and/or hip-hop, and I certainly don't have any tips for that genre.

i don't know if you have been following "pensado's place" but someone posed a question to Maserati and Pensado if they treated vocals differently across genres, and they said no. But other then that thanks for spamming my thread...

Isn't that the whole idea of this entire site ...Forums open for discussion about everything related to home recording.

and thats why i posted this thread thanks!

I think the guitars need a bit more oomph and it could use some deathcore vocals and 290bpm blast beats.:D

the guitars are part of the sample so it'll be difficult to just give them ompfh..

what do you mean by death core vocals and 290bpm blast beats?

Back