• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
€698.00 new, shipped to my door, C.O.D.

Never much cared for Ted, or the Wanko Tanko. Hendrix, Cream, Led Zeppelin suit this guitar very, very, well! ;)

This was the last unit available in this neck of the woods. I figured I'd better grab it, because I've always had a jones for an SG with P90(s). When I was in my late teens, I played a couple of old SG Juniors, circa 1963, and I've always wondered why I couldn't get that tone with an SG with humbuckers. The P90 is exactly the right tone for me to solo for half hours at a time. Good for me, not so good for the neighbours....

:p

I love this thread, because every couple months, it makes me realize just how many guitars I have. I must say I am quite lucky to have a bass-playing fiancee...

Wank...yeah, yeah. like Ted Nugent.......Wank Me Crank Me...

He liked Wank songs.
Remember after Ted's solo career, he joined a band named Damn Wankee's.

I think he played Gibson Byrdland's though....but your right.

So what'd you pay come now...tell the truth? Did you get a wanker deal?

You are correct, for the 50 dollar question.

By the time he was in the Damn Yankess, he
had switched to PRS. It destroyed whatever
tone he had, in the first place.

His oldest material was good, speed, soul, and funk all
wrapped into one. Then it went downhill thereafter.

You are correct, for the 50 dollar question.

By the time he was in the Damn Yankess, he
had switched to PRS. It destroyed whatever
tone he had, in the first place.

His oldest material was good, speed, soul, and funk all
wrapped into one. Then it went downhill thereafter.

You mean with the Amboy Dukes?

i have just this one guitar. it was given to me as a birthday present after my now wife heard me jam with a friend for the first time. she said someone with your talent needs a guitar. it's the best gift i ever had besides her love. :) it's a gibson les paul goddess. :)

Attachments

• goddesssmall.jpg
    goddesssmall.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 176
Update -- Added a 1983 Telecaster Elite to the herd. It should show up tomorrow and will go straight to my friendly guitar tech to be set up. My 12 year old actually has designs on it. She's kind of rock and roll and I have yet to convince her that not everything needs to be played in forte. :D

1969 Martin 0-16NY (set up with Thomastik-Infeld Plectrum strings)
1965 Martin D-28
1961 Martin 0-18 (an absolutely great recording guitar)
1930's Martin 2-17 (Martin's first guitar built for steel strings - twangy)
1966 Gibson J-45 (PUTW in this one)
1966 Gibson B-25 (essentially a small bodied J-45 - records real well - I have a Sunrise in this one)
1983 Les Paul Standard (paid $300 for this one out of the newspaper - red metal flake - SD Antiquity Pickups and recapped so the tone pots actually work and the volume really rolls off)
1993 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (10 top with birds)
1967 Gibson Byrdland (short scale neck which is great since I have small hands - set up with flatwounds, but I still can't play jazz worth a damn)
2003 Leach Cremona (OM size)
1991 Godin Acousticaster (a complete impulse buy after seeing Roseanne Cash's band)
Rick Turner RB-4 Bass (I'm deluding myself that I can actually play this effectively - but it's fun)
Yamaha FG-450S (D-28 knockoff)
LaSiDo parlor size guitar (campfire beater)
Gibson 1917 Style A mandolin
Gibson 1959 F-12 mandolin
Martin 50s T-15 Tiple (kind of like a 12 string uke)
Magnatone lap steel (in mother-of-toilet-seat, of course)
Martin style 0M uke (2)
Martin style 1M uke
Martin style 2M uke
Martin style 3M uke
Gibson T-1 tenor uke
Gretsch uke

Attachments

• tele elite.JPG
    tele elite.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 147
Early 90's Fender Mustang Japanese made. Red w/ Pearl Scratchplate (and Mustang stripes). I replaced the single coil at the bridge with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. Meat and the veg.

Early 00's Fender US Jazzmaster. 62 reissue. Black w/ tortoise shell Scratchplate. Awsome axe.

Tanglewood Les Paul copy. They make good acoustics, but they make poor electric guitars. I'll probably sell this guitar, only its got some great stickers on it.

Unidentified red guitar. Had this for years. My first electric guitar. About 10th hand when I got it. Its great though. Never goes out of tune.

Alverez Acoustic. Great small body acoustic. Textured black finish. Love this guitar.

Hagstrom Viking I. An original late 60's model. I rarely play it as it's too precious. Fastest neck in the world though.

Squire Jazz Bass. Black on black. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Need to change the rather noisy pick ups though.

Ibanez RG5EX-QM1 - shaved neck, Dimarzio X2N
Kramer Striker 422FR - Mighty Mite Motherbucker
San Dimas Replica - Jackson neck, twin JB's, Gotoh Floyd Rose
Squier Stratocaster - GuitarHeads HO Pickup, Graphite Saddles
Epiphone AJ200 Dreadnought - Bone nut, Brass Bridge Pins, Elixirs
Squier Bronco Bass - Stock
( All have been levelled, crowned, polished, action set low, except Bronco )

only got a washburn d30s acoustic...love it. i also have a uke if that counts...but i hope to be getting an electric soon. =)

RUH ROH!

The local shop has just started stocking Larrivees. I tried 4, and am trying to get them to order me a L-03 or an OM-03.

If I gets it, it will make 14....

I need a 12 step groupie, I think...

:eek:

three... 1 electric and 2 acoustics... one acoustic is in bad shape tho (got it at a thrift store for $10...couldn't resist) but hey...$10

Update -- Added a 1983 Telecaster Elite to the herd. It should show up tomorrow and will go straight to my friendly guitar tech to be set up. My 12 year old actually has designs on it. She's kind of rock and roll and I have yet to convince her that not everything needs to be played in forte. :D

1969 Martin 0-16NY (set up with Thomastik-Infeld Plectrum strings)
1965 Martin D-28
1961 Martin 0-18 (an absolutely great recording guitar)
1930's Martin 2-17 (Martin's first guitar built for steel strings - twangy)
1966 Gibson J-45 (PUTW in this one)
1966 Gibson B-25 (essentially a small bodied J-45 - records real well - I have a Sunrise in this one)
1983 Les Paul Standard (paid $300 for this one out of the newspaper - red metal flake - SD Antiquity Pickups and recapped so the tone pots actually work and the volume really rolls off)
1993 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (10 top with birds)
1967 Gibson Byrdland (short scale neck which is great since I have small hands - set up with flatwounds, but I still can't play jazz worth a damn)
2003 Leach Cremona (OM size)
1991 Godin Acousticaster (a complete impulse buy after seeing Roseanne Cash's band)
Rick Turner RB-4 Bass (I'm deluding myself that I can actually play this effectively - but it's fun)
Yamaha FG-450S (D-28 knockoff)
LaSiDo parlor size guitar (campfire beater)
Gibson 1917 Style A mandolin
Gibson 1959 F-12 mandolin
Martin 50s T-15 Tiple (kind of like a 12 string uke)
Magnatone lap steel (in mother-of-toilet-seat, of course)
Martin style 0M uke (2)
Martin style 1M uke
Martin style 2M uke
Martin style 3M uke
Gibson T-1 tenor uke
Gretsch uke

christ. You kind of like guitars, don't you?

Samick Formula
Epi LP Standard+
Epi LP Custom
Jackson Bass(no idea what model)
Yamaha Acoustic(I'm really GAS-ing for either a Martin or an Ibanez....but i love martins sooo damn much)

I believe thats it..hoping to aquire more over time..and my formula is a bit..unplayable at the moment...the truss rod/neck all together is...effed up.

Back