Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I'd need to get better at playing before I could really justify spending that much money anyways. Just a pipe dream, most likely. Appreciate the offer, but if I ever do follow through on my promise to myself, it will be years from now.

***EDIT***

Got a pic of the C-1:

Beautiful guitar.

I gots:
fender squier
fender strat
esp ltd
fend jazz bass
washburn acoustic
hohner acoustic
and a guitar made out of a cigar box. never stays in tune... but sounds great! :)

Just got a Larrivee L-03R.

So, 15. I think that's it for my acoustic collection.

At least, that is what my wife said... lol....

How are you liking your Larivee? I bought a D-03RE12 in January and I really like it. I'm partial to the of sound rosewood bodied guitars. Been wanting a 12 string for a while, but didn't want to shell out "D28" type money for something that I'd be using on a limited basis. I'd just about resigned myself to going with mahogany when I came across the Larivee. It sounds great both unplugged and plugged and the set up was just about perfect out of the box. Next acoustic will be an auditorium size sometime in the next year or two. The various Martin 000's and 0M's have been high on the list, along with Santa Cruz, but now Larivee is high on the list too and I might not have to wait as long.

I have 10 if you count my Mountain Dulcimer

Acoustic:
Gibson Montana Custom Shop J60
Godin Nylon Duet
Dobro Model 36 "The Rose"
Larivee D-03RE12
Mountain Dulcimer
Martin Backpacker

Electric:
'78 Tele Thinline
SRV Strat
PRS Custom 22, 10 Top, Birds
Old Peavey Raptor set up for slide

How are you liking your Larivee? I bought a D-03RE12 in January and I really like it. I'm partial to the of sound rosewood bodied guitars. Been wanting a 12 string for a while, but didn't want to shell out "D28" type money for something that I'd be using on a limited basis. I'd just about resigned myself to going with mahogany when I came across the Larivee. It sounds great both unplugged and plugged and the set up was just about perfect out of the box. Next acoustic will be an auditorium size sometime in the next year or two. The various Martin 000's and 0M's have been high on the list, along with Santa Cruz, but now Larivee is high on the list too and I might not have to wait as long.

Hi,

Truth is, I exchanged it. There was a deadness on the lower strings that I didn't like (even with new strings), and I've read this mentioned about some rosewood Larris. Also, I had been in the market for a smaller sized guitar, and the L size isn't really smaller than a dread. Given that the Larrivee guitars are ridiculously overpriced in Europe, I decided that, given the bread I was laying out, that I'd upgrade somewhat.

I exchanged it for a Lakewood M-18. Very nice guitar, probably my best acoustic now, though I am still bonding with the Martin D-15 I bought last fall.

Last edited:
Accoustic:

Washburn Bass
Ibanez AEF 100E
Ovation GCXT Flametop
Gibson Gospel
Gibson Hummingbird

Electric:
Fender American Strat Vintage 2003(reissue)
Fender Deluxe something or other Strat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson SG Studio
OLP Tin Top
Epiphone Les Paul something or other (pretty guitty)

Some other observations on the Larrivee L-03R;

I found the frets too high, and there were sharp edges that could be felt along the sides;
The ebony fretboard wasn't as smooth as you would expect for ebony.

All in all, lots of reasons to not want to pay €1,200.00 for it. The main thing, though, was that deadness. I have a classical with solid rosewood back and sides, and that sound is warm, full and resonant. Not so with the Larri.

I have found that a lot of North American guitars that arrive here are likely not the picks of their litters. I've been less than impressed with most of the Martins I've played here, as well.

YMMV.

It's been a long time since I posted - and this thread seems to live on and on so - here's my update, I'm up to 21 total string instruments (the wife says I can't have anymore:():

Electric - 9
Fender Tele
Fender Strat
Gibson SG
Epiphone DOT
Ibenez 175
Yamaha TT
Yamaha SHB (used for slide - open tuning)
Samick "Strat" (used for slide - open tuning)
Line 6 Variax (used to fill in for several guitars I don't have:D)

Acoustic - 8
Martin DXK
Seagull S6
Sigma (used for open tuning)
Ovation (used for open tuning)
Takamane (acoustic/electric)
Washburn (acoustic/electric)
Washburn 12 String
Samick "resonator"

Bass - 2
Peavey Dyna Bass
Ibenez

Other
Dean 6 String Banjo
Morrell La Steel

Your banjo must be worth another 5 or 6 guitars, surely? If you get rid of it, I would try and negotiate a few more guitars!

Acoustic
Takamine EF360C
Liberty Resonator

Electric
Early '70s Hagstrom Swede
'83ish Fender Squire Strat (Maple Neck)
'83ish Fender American Standard Strat (Maple Neck)
Mongo Cheap Samick 335 Knock-Off
Epiphone Dot Studio
Danelectro Barritone

Bass
Cheap Samick
Carvin "Bolt" kit 4-string, with body that I had custom-carved in Nigeria

Your banjo must be worth another 5 or 6 guitars, surely? If you get rid of it, I would try and negotiate a few more guitars!

I think she would agree to let me trade the banjo for a guitar (or almost any other instument):D

Q. What is perfect pitch?
A. Throwing a banjo in a dumpster without hitting the sides.

Can You Really Have To Many Guitars

I have a few

I have 5 American Made Strats: 1 1965- I got from my dad
1 1970- sunburst the first 1 I bought
1 1972- white killer axe
2 19??- custom fat Strats with Floydd Rose's
3 Les Paul's 2 White With metal clan humbucker great guitar
1 1956 Goltop this is my baby
I have serveral guitars I have built from scratch and left over parts.
1 1967 Silvertone Dul Trem
1 1970 Harmony Strat copy
1 196? Decca F-hole
1 194? Martin D-28 GOt from My first Music
Teacher
1 Dean Zone Bass not bad for a $99 bass

One very nice hand-built flamenco guitar
One equally nice Taurus classic
One 70s Hagstrom solid electric
One 38 year-old nameless Spanish-made classic
One Renaissance lute
One ukelele-banjo!

42 the last time I counted. Including a mandolin, banjos and fretless basses. There may be a baritone ukelele in there someplace too.

2 electric, 1 acoustic, 1 bass atm

The only reason I have 2 electric guitars is because I recently upgraded. None of these mentioned being of high quality seeing as how they were mostly gifts or cheap finds.

one i bought of craigslist, fender starcaster. horrible condition, so i sold it.
then i bought an ovation. love it

the other one is a classical on what i learned ot play with.

Got number 18, a used Gibson Melody Maker, off of a 90-day lay-away, on Friday. Had thought it was a Les Paul Junior, when I'd put it on lay-away, but found out it's a Melody Maker. I'd tried a Gibson Melody maker in February 2007, at the Guitar Center in Indianapolis, but it was either from a Monday/Friday production run, or the current ones are just plain crap. The one I got was made in 2000, and it has a stop bar/TOM combination that the current Melody Makers don't have. Soon as I get me a set of strings (12's), I'll add my Bigsby B5 vibrato to it.

Matt

I've got four.

The first guitar I got was a no name strat copy when I was learning which I have since passed on to a younger cousin, then quickly got a cheap fender acoustic, which still sounds good to my ears eight years later, then got an epiphone les paul standard which I like, but I'm starting to think the pickups need upgrading to give it a sweeter sound, I bought a cheapish crafter electro acoustic which is ok unplugged but has horrible pickups, and I just bought myself a taylor 310ce... I think I'll never need to buy a guitar again :D

Back