• 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
Benavente fretless 6 string 51 series
Benavente fretted 5 string 51 series
Hamer defretted 5 string
Ibanez Destroyer bass (circa 1983 w/ P+J pickups)

94 Strat
66 Guild Starfire IV
74 Yamaha acoustic

coming soon:
old beat up laminated Upright (shipping next month)
LowEnd Jazz (fretless 6 string Jazz bass clone on order: ETA-spring 2005)
Tele of some sort
Seagull acoustic

the Benavente:
http://www.hartsafire.com/images/music/benavente51/51s-05.jpg

I've gotten rid of some, but:

81 LP Custom Silverburst
Late 70's Harmony Flying V
Lotus LP Custom copy (also in silverburst) that someone wired for single coil...shit guitar, but it makes COOL noises....
Epi Collegiate LP in University of Illinois paint scheme...this was a gift from a band that recorded in my studio-I don't play it, it just hangs on the wall in the tracking room...
Washburn 12 sting
Epi 6 string

Currently shopping for a GOOD 6 string...as soon as my darling wife lets me drop some real money outside the studio

I have 6

1. 1982 BC Rich 4-String Bass
  2. 2000 Yamaha 5-String Bass
  3. 1995 Norman 6-String Acoustic
  4. 2002 Taylor 12-String Acoustic
  5. Epiphone Les Paul Copy (I bought it used at Guitar Center)
  6. Echo 6-string acoustic (father hand-me-down)
  7. -- I had a 1972 ukulele but my ex-wife took it.

My goal is to acquire a real Les Paul and then maybe a PRS and fianlly a strat and tele.

One

As a guitarist who has only ever been able to have one guitar at a time. I would say, how many times have anyone played each of their guitars in the period they have owned them. I'd say owning more than three is all for macheesmo in the guitar world. If you are a versatile guitarist a require more than one sound, than you'd probably want to have quite a few for each sound. If you are content with a type of tone and sound then, you'd most likely have the right amount. In my opinion, two electrics, and an acoustic. If I had my way, and were better skilled, I would have two electrics, an acoustic and two basses. One of each for shows and one for recording. The acoustic would be for both. Thanks

Modulus Quantum 5 EMGs
Yamaha TRB6P
Yamaha TRB6P fretless (selling)
Ibanez SDGR2000 5 Wenge/Bubinga (may sell)
Ibanez SDGR Custom 5 fretless (ex Jethro Tull) EMGs
Wal Pro2E 4 (in bits awaiting respray)
Jasmine Electro 4

Fender Strat
Eko Acoustic
Cheapo Jackson copy (dayglo)

+ Upright Bass (selling)

Previously Owned

Audition Guitar (Woolworths)
Burns Duo Sonic 4
Fender Musicmaster 4
Rickenbacker 4001 (stolen )
Wal Pro2E (stolen )
Yamaha BB400 4
Yamaha BB350 4 f/less
Fender Precision 4 maple (wish I’d kept it)
Status Graphite 4 h/less
Yamaha Attitude 5
Aria Pro 5

Last edited:
BlueGalaxie500 said:
As a guitarist who has only ever been able to have one guitar at a time. I would say, how many times have anyone played each of their guitars in the period they have owned them. I'd say owning more than three is all for macheesmo in the guitar world. If you are a versatile guitarist a require more than one sound, than you'd probably want to have quite a few for each sound. If you are content with a type of tone and sound then, you'd most likely have the right amount. In my opinion, two electrics, and an acoustic. If I had my way, and were better skilled, I would have two electrics, an acoustic and two basses. One of each for shows and one for recording. The acoustic would be for both. Thanks

it has nothing to do with machismo or what is prudent or practical ...i ask how many shirts or pants do you own yes they all have different tones some days you feel like a twang some days you feel moody and jazzy ...as long as my kids are fed why does it matter how many a person owns ....i know it's all about the redistribution of guitar wealth ....LOL

BlueGalaxie500 said:

You make a good point, but I think it's the difference between needing and wanting. I, myself, have 13 guitars, 2 basses and 5 amps. I only gig about 6 times a year, and when I do, I usually only take one axe and one amp with me. So in my case, I definitely don't need all this equipment, but I do like collecting it and playing it.

http://home.comcast.net/~bonrox/guitars/gut_inv.htm

1 steel string Fender acoustic
2 electric Ibanez AX
3 electric peace of shit (at my girlfriends house)
4 electric bass from the fleamarket (serves as floorlamp)
5 nylon string spanish acoustic (also peace of shit but learned my first chords on it, so I love it

It's like the other guys said,...

each guitar has it's own look, feel & sound,... "personality", if you will.

I personally believe that,... plus,... they're just fun to collect, if you can afford it. :eek:

I had to vote 2-4, this time, although in a couple of months, I'll be into the 5-8 range. Although I've mentioned 'em all, at various times within this forum, here's another listing (chronological, by oldest to newest):

Squier P-bass
Squier Fat Telecaster
Ibanez AG75TBS
Johnson acoustic/electric bass

coming soon = Fender U.S. Special Highway One Telecaster

Matt

I try to treat all the kids equally

Larivee D03-RE (main instrument)
Godin Multiac SA Nylon String (lovely tone)
Wahburn J6 (for when I convince myself I can play like Wes)
Godin Multiac SA Steel String (bought it because I loved the nylon)
Guild S90 (loyalty/nostalgia - first pseudo-"name" guitar I ever owned)
Godin Solidac (just love the neck)
Seagull S12 (Doh! - a fine guitar but I have little use for it)

MusicMan Sub 4 bass (great bass, eying their 6-string SUB guitar right now)
Michael Kelly Legacy Deluxe F-style Mandolin (great buy)
Oscar Schmidt OU-5 Ukulele (when I'm not playing a 6-string, I'm playing this)

To some people I guess it is probably overkill and I have made my girlfriend a promise that no new guitar will enter the house without one leaving (traded in a classical for the Madolin) but, other than the 12-string (definitely an impulse buy), I play them all quite regularly.

:)

1 Gibson Les Paul Studio (custom work done by Pearl Jam's Tech)

2 Gibson 1275 DOuble neck Brand Factory new (Dont like to play it much, to scared)

3 59' strat custom shop reissue (very sweet)

4 Aria Pro cardinal ( custom work done personally gibson 500t with coil taps)

5 ibanez shitty acoustic

6 Rickenbacher 2003 4 string

7 Erniel Ball 5 string sting ray

I've got an acoustic 6-string, acoustic 12-string, and an electric. Everyone needs an acoustic and an electric and I like to have the 12-string around when I need it on an occasional song.

oh shoot

ok i am not even sure how many i have right now
here goes as i think of them.
my main guitar is a Grestch 6012 acoustic with that awesome soundhole!
then i have a Guild D25 with a Fishman rare earth.
a old Goya G10 nylon string guitar my dad has had for 30 years that i take care of :D
a old old Harmony archtop that i got cheap and play slide on.
one yamaha RBX250 bass with EMG selects as upgrades.
a Saga guitar kit that i built (a strat knockoff)
a Kramer strat with a neck i found in a parts bin (squire neck) for a $1
the old one sucked and this thing was bottom end any way so i messed with it.
a Santa Rosa kids guitar that i play open tunings on with some weird but cool sounds. :p
a couple of ukes one of which i have had since i was three years old! ;)
all this and not counting my fiddles and my upright bass as well as my mando and my keyboard and other crap i cant think of right now that is in my room or studio.

what a lot of stuff to play with :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh and my banjo(s) i have three of those!
and accordians dang i am only 17 guys look at what i will be in a few years! :confused:

Back