How Do You Store Your Cables?

Just a guess, but I'll bet at least one of those sets of headphones is on the the skull. :cool:

HA you got it a set of small Sony cans then the rest are all hanging.
6 pointer so I can get a lot of cans on this rack.
And a guy that has seen it said he has an other rack to give to me. This place is going to look like Ted Nuggents place in no time.

:cool:

:cool:

yeah about that .... :D ....

I don't personally care much about it but you're absolutely gonna have some people strongly suggest that over/under is how you're supposed to do it. The wrist/elbow thing puts a twist in the cable that, over time, contributes to tangles.

Personally, I don't do either. I hold them in one hand and coil the cable spinning it as I coil it to eliminate twists.

When I was a kid, some wanky 'sound engineering' student showed me the 'proper' way to coil cables. It was probably the only thing he'd really learned but I'm sure it's right. As I coil, I spin them slightly like you said and it keeps them straight. I've been doing it like that for about 20 years.

Dr. V

Well, that's kinda cool .............. except for the dude in the last video. I think he should tie it around his pencil neck ............. real tight. :rolleyes:

You never knot a cable, under any circumstances.

Being that I never perform outside of my home studio, I don't have any cables longer than about twenty feet, so winding has never been an issue.

I roll them up ( not wrist to elbow!), tape or velcro tie them and put them in a milk crate in the inbuilt cupboard i keep all my Mics, Stands and junk in. ;)

Back