HomeRecording Label Looking for a few good unsigned indie / electronic artists

I apologize, Greg set the tone. He's got a real knack for making people genuine people to feel unwelcome.

I'm not being overly defensive when I defend myself against unwarranted attacks. Most of these comments aren't constructive. I appreciate those who have taken my offer seriously, including those who emailed me.

no worries, I get what you are trying to do and Im sure others can too, I just didnt see Gregs posts as attacks..

but hey Im not a moderator or everyone here would be banned except for me an chater-la :)

good luck with the endeavor...I like quite a lot of the music from chaps in here so I hope you find some too

For a group of people on a board dedicated specifically to the topic "how to promote your music," there certainly are some people here who resist actually doing so with every fiber of their being.

Ah! That's the trick! We're all trying to "thin the herd" as it were. If everyone else isn't marketing, our own marketing will be that much more effective!

Well, I've filled my quotas, so the offer is off for now. Thanks for those who took me seriously, I'm excited to get started.

For those who just bitched and moaned, you made my bi-yearly visit to homerecording.com really horrendous. You should really consider how you treat people, imagine how many genuinely good people get turned off. (greg i'm looking at you).

Quit being an emo bitch, Fred. I didn't think Greg was that rude, he was asking legitimate questions. It's no one's fault that you took it as a personal attack. If you're offering services you need to take the time to clear these things up. You're basically doing the same shit every other prick trying to "help" people in the music industry is doing. It's that "carrot on a stick" type of marketing. The musicians are the donkey and you're the guy riding the donkey with a carrot on the stick leading them where YOU want to go, but they never do get to eat that carrot. Unless you can actually prove other wise you shouldn't be offended.
carrot-and-stick.gif

That said, check out my music and see if it's something you would want on your label. If it is, I must be doing something wrong :P

Flatulated | Edinburg, TX | Metal / Death Metal / Grindcore / Brutal Chode Grind | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

I understand the analogy. I am not being a bitch, just stating it like it is, I have a legitimate claim. People on this board are angry, I can only assume people claiming otherwise simply haven't read the reaction my thread here got. No offense to you, just read it.

And, yes, I'm sure 99 out of 100 people probably have nothing to offer, but if anybody here was interested in real publicity, I recommend not pulling the trigger until you're certain you want the person in front of you dead!

But I just saw an angry response to somebody else's post (legal contract advice), so I know it's not just towards me. There are a lot of un-friendlies here. And it's not me. Believe it or not, I'm not taking any personal offense. I'm walking away perfectly fine.

But then baiting me with statements like:

Quit being an emo bitch, Fred.
and
the only asshole on this thread is you fredfrederickson.
and
WOW! Who really "Jumped on Board"?

Those are personal attack words no matter what you claim. Again, I'm not upset. Never met any of you in my life and glad for it. Just simply stating for the record that you're wrong.

Oh and by the way, I was trying to be a constructive member of the community:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/recording-techniques/help-recording-vocals-330972/
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ime-player-samples-please-330926/#post3735048
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...-sound-vocals-their-own-330578/3/#post3733756
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...c-publicity/home-recording-label-idea-295277/
And so on..

You still sounds like you're butt hurt over what some folks you don't even know have to say. I read the whole thing you posted and it was a waste of time because it's so much blah blah blah. I guarantee not to guarantee you. You even openly admit that this is experimental and nothing more. Now, how do you expect people to take that seriously? It all goes back to the fact that every single musician with Internet access can do all the same shit you're talking about by themselves. I'm personally sick of all these bullshit Internet record labels making false promises or stupid claims.

The real question is do you have the money to be a record label? Are you going to put me in a state of the art world class recording studio with a reputable producer? Are you going to pay for a large run of true CDs of my next album? Will my album be distributed world wide through ALL brick and mortar retail chains? Will you put my band on tour?

If you can't do all these things even on a small scale, then you're not a record label and it's a waste of time.

oh your not taking it personally? then why post a bunch of example links of how wonderful a person you are.

When I start my label, which will focus mainly on underground/extreme metal, I won't be posting ANYWHERE that I'm looking to sign bands. I will scour through facebook, myspace, forums, like I already do looking for new ways to promote my own shit. It'll be way more personal for me to find bands that I actually like, and not because they "sound good" or because they have a marketable appeal. It'll be those rare mutant bands that are actually being creative and producing real art opposed to cookie cutter bullshit.

Then I'll bring them into MY studio and I'll produce their albums based on MY experience and what I think REAL METAL should be. Then I'll send it off for mastering and be able to produce something that I feel is worthy of all the time and effort that goes into it. Then I'll get my bands booked on the huge Death Metal festivals, rent a van(s) and drive to these events myself where I'll probably be a sponsor of some kind and have a booth open to sell merchandise that I acquired by trading though the metal underground.

See I'm in my scene, half the fun is partying with the bands and jumping into the mosh pit when you're half drunk and ready to fuck some shit up. What I'm saying is a small part of a REAL game plan that a band in MY scene might read and be like "I WISH THEY WOULD SIGN MY BAND". You need cash to do these things. Know your scene and don't limit yourself to conventional record label methods. And the last thing we need is another netlabel. There is already enough net labels with no real funding doing the exact same things you're offering.

lol @ Freds meltdown

I think to make in music you need thicker skin and a bigger set of balls mate :)

Back