HomeRecording Label Looking for a few good unsigned indie / electronic artists

umm yea. well how about you tell me whether its worth it. all this shits copyrighted. is the shit worthy or not. song quality over recorded quality first. this aint some competition. its who YOU decide to work with.

I'll keep it simple then, I couldn't tell the quality of your recordings because your myspace page only plays at a low bitrate. Yes, it is a competition of sorts, we're only looking for marketable bands. Either way, you're not very friendly so we won't be working with you.

That was directed at shortedaman, I haven't received anything from you Greg. We're not looking to use anybody's stuff. We're looking to help market artists that decide to join forces for good, not evil. I just signed up two more artists, I think I only need a couple more.

Just to clarify- this was an idea discussed on these forums about a year ago.. an artist supported marketing label. It's really just to see if we can get publicity.. but since I have a lot of resources at my disposal, I thought I'd offer some more to the community. (hosting, programming, mastering, design)

Mastering huh? Who does your mastering? Is it real mastering or are you just burning a CD and calling it mastering?

My friend went to school in boston and works as a sound engineer, he's going to be doing the mastering for our releases. We also have a decent graphic designer who can do cd packaging.

A sound engineer isn't a mastering engineer. Does he know about mastering? Does he have mastering equipment? Mastering is an important part of the process. What's his mastering experience?

I've heard his work, sounds just fine to me. Does he do mastering for a living? No, he works at a radio station right now. But we're an indie artist-run label, that's going to be the best we're going to do .. unless you know some big shot with time to spare.

Not sure what you mean here, do you have an established collective? Why would I want to contribute to "interest in other bands"

Well, I wrote in my description what our foot soldiers are doing:

Compilations and Advertising- We are in talks with a lot of smaller shops in the Boston (USA) area to distribute compilations/download cards. We may expand in the future, depending on how well this goes. We've been distributing download cards to shops and by hand in the area, it's been working well. Our goal is to promote all of our artists.

We expect the artists to get their own crowds, and by pushing compilations to fans of our group, we can introduce new bands to old fans. The idea is for all the bands to contribute.

I understand the jadedness of everybody on this board, there's a lot of scams out there. My goal was to put a lot of energy into promotion, and some of the people on this board seemed to like the idea of home-recorders banding together to get the word out. If you're not interested, that's fine. But I suspect with more artists behind me, we might be able to get some attention. We're super small right now- 1 artist (myself) with a finished album, and 4 artists working on finishing. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible here, if anybody wants to take collective action for promotion, I'm offering a lot of my own resources to launch this label. I don't expect magic, but marketing is always a cumulative effort.

I understand the jadedness of everybody on this board, there's a lot of scams out there. .

Yes, and we dont know you.

I listened to the song "Submarine" it sounds good.
I like the website, nice and simple.
Seems like a good idea, its kinda like CD baby?
My link is at the bottom of my page. You can also PM me.

Pete

I just don't see the value in your service, even though it's free. I'm not interested in compilations or promoting other shit bands, and there's already a dozen sites that get people's music everywhere anyway. My crappy music is already all over every internet retail outlet that i can think of. It took 5 minutes. You're not doing anything that someone with a computer and a DAW can't do themselves. :confused:

. My crappy music is already all over every internet retail outlet that i can think of. It took 5 minutes.

Hmmmph, interesting, but I dont think having your songs on those sites creates links. I think you can get more listeners by building a network of links???

Lol, i'll think it twice before advertising my services, Greg L can be a pain in the ass :P, imagine if you'd charge for your services, you'd be dead by now!!

I just don't see the value in your service, even though it's free. I'm not interested in compilations or promoting other shit bands, and there's already a dozen sites that get people's music everywhere anyway. My crappy music is already all over every internet retail outlet that i can think of. It took 5 minutes. You're not doing anything that someone with a computer and a DAW can't do themselves. :confused:

I'm not asking the bands to advertise eachother. I'm putting bands together on compilations so when bands' fans grab the compilation, they get exposed to other similar artists - and not just any artists, but the ones we hand pick, so we're not just shoveling crap down people's throats. Furthermore, we are doing street and foot advertising In and around Boston. Beyond that we're proving a lot of services to bands that they might not already have available, including a dedicated site and downloads store.

I can imagine if you're not interested in exposing your music to potentially new fans, why you wouldn't care. That being said, I'm rather surprised at the hostility I'm being met with. I've got a few artists really dedicated to making this work, and we'll be fine without you Greg. But perhaps you could be more constructive and less critical.

Back