Votes: 27 1.9%
  • Peavey

Votes: 104 7.5%
  • Anything but a peavey

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 316 22.7%

• Total voters
For guitar I like fender, had a twin it was great, now I just have an old fender champ. All tube 10 or 15 watts. For bass I play through an ampeg, would love to get a green amp set up and run an svt and a green set up at the same time. But I will never have that much cash to spend on that.

Hard to pick a favorite as there are so many factors. Even within the Fender range of amps, you have all the different eras of vintage, from tweed, to blackface to silverface, etc. Also, certain amp models are obviously better in the studio and some better live. All that aside, my favorite line of amps at the moment are grammatico amps. Great modern amps with vintage sound, and good for a wide range of studio and live settings

OK so im looking for an amp 100w i can spend about 1000$ im looking for a very heavy sound a lot off low end
Sound like Soulfly, Evanescence, Hatebreed,Skinlab I own also 7 string guitar
Whad kind of an amp would you recommend ????
Thanx

I use to call Marshall amps "Me Too" amps back in the 80's. "oh, you use Marshall...me too!" Whole reason I went to Boogie was because I didn't want to sound like everyone else with a Marshall. Now, everyone is using Boogie's. Where to go now?

I use to call Marshall amps "Me Too" amps back in the 80's. "oh, you use Marshall...me too!" Whole reason I went to Boogie was because I didn't want to sound like everyone else with a Marshall. Now, everyone is using Boogie's. Where to go now?

Back to Marshall.

Now, everyone is using Boogie's. Where to go now?

UTOny983

Radio Shack 80W 4-channel PA. Don't see many folks using that for a guitar amp.
Therein lies the individuality you seek.

Believe it or not, when I was a younin' I used one of those with a DS-1 in front of it. Sounded about as good as you would think it would.

OK so im looking for an amp 100w i can spend about 1000$ im looking for a very heavy sound a lot off low end
Sound like Soulfly, Evanescence, Hatebreed,Skinlab I own also 7 string guitar
Whad kind of an amp would you recommend ????
Thanx

Mesa Dual Rec would be the one for the tone you seek. The 3 channels models have more low end that you will be able to use. Can get a used head for just about the price you are looking for. They are built like a tank, so don't worry about buying used.

Hey
So i have a choise now I found messa Triple rec. for 1100$ and Randall RD100H Diavlo for 880$ What to choose ???? Please help me :-)

Haven't played the Randall yet, but seeing as you & I are both in Canada (where resale/equity is more of a factor than the U.S.), if they're even close to equal to your ear, I'd go for the Triple Rec. If you ever change your mind, the Rec will be way easier to unload to feed the GAS. Of course, if the Randall is the winner for *your style*, definitely go for it. But, based on Randall clips (and we all know how accurate clips are . . . not!), the Mesa would be my choice regardless.

All just MHO . . . and I'd negotiate with the seller(s) . . . it's still a buyer's market . . .

Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18. Portability, reliability, reacts well to different tubes, studio use, great sound, and that 18 watts has always been too much power in rehearsals and gigs, so that for example once again last saturday when we had a gig I had to lower my volume to about 11 o'clock so I wouldn't bulldoze my playmates. Seriously. :rolleyes: And we play rock covers, loud and dirty. :D

I find my peavey classic thirty easy to carry around and able to do whatever I need it to do, all at a reasonable price.

I know what you mean. I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for $200. I have more than enough tube amps, but was missing a nice, easy portable combo. On most of the clips I checked out the gain channel always sounded grainy and fizzy . . . but that was the farthest from the truth. Even with the preamp maxed, it's always very tight and chunky. Really, really good . . . not too saturated, so one simple OD pedal adds just a tad more grind for leads. But still . . . way more articulate and musical sounding than I'd thought. The clean channel is excellent. Cripes . . . I wouldn't even change the speaker. Great amp . . . great price . . . totally flies under the radar.

It's hard to choose when you use several amps but Marshall and Fender are probably my go to brands for amps.

I've played for 35 years through the same Yamaha B100 head. Love the tones, love the pump. I've run this thing with a simple 2x15 Kustom cab, 1820 Peavey cab and wide open with 4 18's and 8 10's (6 cabs) with Crown amplification.
As far as a guitar amp, I own junk, but if I could pick one amp that I've played through it would have to be either Rockerverb 100 MKII Head from Orange or a Carvin VTR 2800 100W tube screamer. The first for the crunchy sound it gets. The second for the open airy Marshall-esque tone. Given unlimited funds, I'd go the Orange. Given a meek budget, I'd grab a late 70s issue 2800. They run around $300-500 if you can find one.

Back