Got a project, going to need some help with it. This means you!

So, I'll sure join this stuff as soon as I've recorded stuff (interface coming this week).

I would want genres like prog, punk, mathcore and ambient.

gifs_47.gif

ratings dont matter against

mel parker

mel parker.com

www. mel parker.com

melparkers dog

mel parkers dog.com

www. mel parkers dog.com

mel parkers hat

www. mel parkers hat

...etc etc etc

:laughings:

I would not presume to be in a position to compete with Mel "the Floating Head" Parker. For what he does, he's pretty good at it...self promotion techniques aside.

It's just that the ratings for every song are completly different on every page.

And arcadeko, I have been logging into my band page and it still says I have given zero ratings (I had rated almost every song on there (while logged in) at one time or another), zero likes (I had some), zero blocked songs (I had a whole bunch of those).

Im only teasing, I havent given Mel a listen to yet...but if he starts saying his songs are electronic there will be trouble :D

You've got that shit locked up tight, but I bet 'ole Mel could give you a run for your money.

I think of him more as acid jazz or trip hop....

I have the Jam charts practically all to myself (just me and Papa Daddy?!?) - filled with songs which have almost no jamming whatsoever.

funk only has that one mary broad, but her rating is intimidating.
i couldn't take the humiliation of being beaten by a girl right now in my life.

The whole rating system is screwed... I'm considering resetting everything. I got some problems with linking up listeners and the system remembering who they are - since I don't want to make people register to listen, it is kind of messed up, cause people end up getting a new ID in the system when they come back again. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to deal with it - I was thinking of making people register if they want to rate songs, cause now people leave and come back and rate songs over and over again artificially inflating the score (lookin at you Mel) :mad::mad::mad:

Also I think I am going to have to change the genre thing so people can only pick one genre... It's totally genre anarchy right now.

The charts attempt to only count votes from people who have logged in, where as on the other pages it is counting any and all votes - this is an undesirable situation and I am still thinking about how to solve it.

But today I built more bass traps and now I am playing Rocksmith that my buddy left over here for the night :p :guitar:

.. oh and I'm open to suggestions

Also I think I am going to have to change the genre thing so people can only pick one genre... It's totally genre anarchy right now.

The charts attempt to only count votes from people who have logged in, where as on the other pages it is counting any and all votes - this is an undesirable situation and I am still thinking about how to solve it.

But today I built more bass traps and now I am playing Rocksmith that my buddy left over here for the night :p :guitar:

.. oh and I'm open to suggestions

My advice would be to allow each individual song to be assigned a genre by the band rather than having the band pick 1-3 genres and then placing all songs by that band in each of those 1-3 genres. Some bands will do tracks from different genres.

I have a song that shows on the charts page as having 4 ratings averaging 5, but the same song on my page shows 4 ratings averaging 8.5? It doesn't seem as though the later includes any and all votes?

If I do go back and decide to rate everything all over again, I will not be so kind to Mel this time around!

It sounds like you were busy today with Rocksmith. Modern Warfare III comes out tomorrow, so I will likely be preoccupied for the next 6 months or so.

Last edited:
Is there a way to do the genre on a per song basis as is up to the band?

(d'oh...that's what the heatmiser just said :o )

I like the genre per song idea, will look into that - also going to examine this rating thing Heat - maybe I fuct up the code :eek:

Back