"Yes, I fixed it!"
"Did ya?"
"It's the parts... they're Jewish."
"What parts in a car are Jewish?"
"Spark plugs! Jews invented spark plugs to control global traffic."

i watched it too late to remember most quotes but

"what the fuck have the done with the rabbits?"

lol

The stupid thing is i think it was actually a really important film rather than just a stupid comedy (for the cave i think), Morris is brilliant at showing the ridiculousness of parts of British life..

"So is he a martyr or a fuckin' jalfrezi?" :laughings:

The stupid thing is i think it was actually a really important film rather than just a stupid comedy

Totally. The end was pretty...jarring. With the sort of upbeat element of the movie, I didn't actually expect them all to kill themselves. Especially the way the last guy does it. And how he sayd goodbye to his wife. And then it all goes wrong and he's just all deafeated like "fuck it. It's all gone completely wrong, we haven't achieved a damn thing, they've all fucked up my jihad, so fuck it anyway."

I think it shows a human side. You and I already knew it was there, I mean Muslims are no less human than anyone else obviously, but there's a lot of dumb people in this country that need to see that. I'm not convinced that an awful lot of yanks would get it. Too many black and white judgements in America for some people to get on with the protagonist of the story being their much touted bogeyman.

The other line I like..

"Ok, I've got a question for you"
"What's that"
(in urdu) "Hows your urdu you monkey bollock duster".

I think that's what cracked me up the most, the way he'd slip into urdu and all these hilarious expletives would come out.

yup its a keeper...gonna watch it again...even the wife was laughing and she normally hates films like this but Barry was too much of a fucking idiot

i dunno i couldnt help think how much of it was true...theres a lot of thick disenfranchised people in this world...thats why we can stop so many of them

"and what voice was that"

"that was a womans voice"

too stupid :)

who was it mentioned Moon?

Great wee movie..rockwell did his best, not always convincing..but great film..an directed by Bowies son, who woulda guessed

Was made in London so bound to be far superior to anything the Yanks can pull off.... ;-)

And to completely contradict what I just said:
The best film ever made in the history of mankind is:
Strange Days

Classic combo of two of the best film makers ever:
Written by James Cameron (Terminator 2, The Abyss...etc).
Directed by Katherine Bigalow (Point break, Hurt Locker)

try Yojimbo...the orig. fistful of dollars, Redbeard and just about any kurosawa movie.....mifune may indeed be the best actor there ever was...at least up there with orson/duvall/clouzot

or Mesrine: killer instinct....the french can do something well...films!

dunno if it should be under good films but I just came back from "Battle: Los Angeles" and I couldnt help wishing the aliens had won lol

Sooo I've heard about half of the people say that Battle: LA sucked, and the other half said it was amazing. Anyone catch this one yet?

Saw four lions today, hilarious

As I said about yanks earlier..
Yeah Four Lions is by Chris Morris who is one of the biggest geniuses in the universe. Check out his stuff: Jamm, Today is the Day, Brasseye.... etc... Nathan Barley..

Brits rock at comedy..

Sooo I've heard about half of the people say that Battle: LA sucked, and the other half said it was amazing. Anyone catch this one yet?

The answer is that it is amazing at sucking!!!

So half the people like sucky films and half dont.

Can you enjoy a film simply because its a film and its entertaining or can you enjoy a film if it makes an interesting point about life?

Back