Good films?

Omg...the red dawn remake...kick me in the balls it was bad

Now i hope north korea actually invades the US in punishment!

Watched Wanderlust the other night. I thought it was pretty damn funny in parts.

There were plenty of uncomfortable moments as one would expect with Paul Rudd.

Not great necessarily, but worth watching for a few good laughs.

Tried watching Act of Valor a week ago. Couldn't make it through that thing and fell asleep. I love war movies and had heard they got some vets to do some of the acting, but man it was painfull.

It was kind of like watching a series of cut scenes from a video game.

Yeah i sat through it...cant think of any modern warfare film that stands up to black hawk down tbh, theyre all pretty shit nowadays

Yeah i sat through it...cant think of any modern warfare film that stands up to black hawk down tbh, theyre all pretty shit nowadays

I feel like I've seen some good ones since black hawk down, but uh....now I can't think of any!

Hey - I didn't realize you were un-banned from Jenni's place!

Not sure if Argo got mentioned here. I saw it recently and it was a good solid picture. I feel like it would be hard to tell that particular story and do it badly. It was fascinating. Didn't necessarily strike me as best picture material, but I didn't see too much of the competition.

I followed the main story of the hostages closely as a kid, but didn't remember this side-story at all.

Finally got round to watching In Bruges the other week. Had been meaning to since we were in Bruges ourselves last year - beautiful city. A saturday night film in the best possible sense, well worth a watch.

It struck me as I watched it that I'd never seen Colin Farrell in anything before. However, a quick look at his past resume resolved that particular mystery...

I watched Primer recently. Made for $7,000 and way better than any other film in the genre (sci-fi/time travel). Bends your brain out your ear on the first watch, but understandable with a little perseverance and the internet to help. I found the dialogue a bit hard to understand, so subtitles would deffo help (not that there are any on Netflix, where I watched it).

Yup Argos and In bruges...good films

I watched the master two nights ago..phoenix and hoffman were excellent, andrews struggled a bit...recommended

Cool, that's the second recommendation for The Master I've heard this week and I hadn't even heard of it previously. Argo is on the to watch list too.

We had a free film weekend on our Virgin tv box recently - man, it was one shit collection available to pick from. We settled on a film called The Watcher with Keanu Reeves in where he plays a serial killer. I think it could be one of the worst films I 've ever seen -how on earth has an actor as bad as Keanu Reeves become so well known and managed to carve out such a longstanding film career.I read a review after that was spot on, saying that the only fun you could have watching it was trying to work out what cliche would come next.

I think Kingdom of Heaven might remain my cinematic nadir, but this wasn't far off...

Cool, that's the second recommendation for The Master I've heard this week and I hadn't even heard of it previously. Argo is on the to watch list too.

We had a free film weekend on our Virgin tv box recently - man, it was one shit collection available to pick from. We settled on a film called The Watcher with Keanu Reeves in where he plays a serial killer. I think it could be one of the worst films I 've ever seen -how on earth has an actor as bad as Keanu Reeves become so well known and managed to carve out such a longstanding film career.I read a review after that was spot on, saying that the only fun you could have watching it was trying to work out what cliche would come next.

I think Kingdom of Heaven might remain my cinematic nadir, but this wasn't far off...

Lol, yeah theyre both pretty shite

I have netflix so ive prolly seen worse, but thats not a brag :D

I watched Django Unchained last night. Great film right until the last 2/3 minutes which I think spoilt it. I was gripped all the way through. Some great acting. Great filming.

Never heard the N word get dropped so many times in a movie though. But I guess it was being true to how life was for slaves and folks back then.

Just watched *Sound City*. What a great remembrance of the recording industry history of that time.
I loved that movie.
Especially the scene with Trent Reznor where they acknowledge that technology can be used as an instrument.

Evil Dead 2 is available free with Amazon Prime, as is From Beyond.

THAT IS ALL

Arcadeko out

I tried to watch ED2 the other night, it was pretty dreadful...cult classic

Wife's choice last night was chasing mavericks...butler cant act an American for toffee, and it was pretty schmaltzy, but not a bad movie...

Niiiiice! I'll have to check that out! Seems like prime instant video is doing a lot better nowadays!

Good to hear from you dude :D

I been all crazy working and stuff. Amazon Prime is getting pretty good, they have a lot of stuff that's not on Netflix - I got a Roku and it's pretty sweet

Back