Good films?

Try Saints and Soldiers if you like B of B....its very low budget and the actor pretending to be a brit is awful but its a good film otherwise

yeah Cfox Slap Shot is loosely based around ice hockey but its a slice of the 70's, very very dated and great for it..I remember being a kid and just being amazed at the violence and languIage in it...its pretty hokey now
I forgot all about slapshot. It was a really funny movie.

If you liked it then Goon is pretty excellent...I didnt expect it to be good but its a great little movie

I liked the Denzel Washington movie "flight" also the movie about the family getting caught in the tidal wave "the impossible" was very good

I liked the Denzel Washington movie "flight" also the movie about the family getting caught in the tidal wave "the impossible" was very good

Flight was good...the flying parts were excellent, bit of a melodrama though...didnt know The Impossible was released yet?

Looks decent...

I saw the impossible at the theater. It may not be out on home video yet.
I haven't read through the 73 pages in this thread so I'm not sure of all the older movies already mentioned....
But an older movie I think is pretty funny is "a fish called Wanda". Jamie lee Curtis didn't have the greatest acting chops in that film but Kevin Kline and John Clease (spelling?) were brilliant. Also the actor who played the stuttering Ken...his name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't think if it at the moment. My wife dosen't care for that movie but I watch it everytime it's on TV. Our sense of humor is different I guess cause I think the movie is a classic

But an older movie I think is pretty funny is "a fish called Wanda". Jamie lee Curtis didn't have the greatest acting chops in that film but Kevin Kline and John Clease (spelling?) were brilliant. Also the actor who played the stuttering Ken...his name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't think if it at the moment. My wife dosen't care for that movie but I watch it everytime it's on TV. Our sense of humor is different I guess cause I think the movie is a classic

Hahaha! A Fish Called Wanda is on TV in the UK now!

The last good films I watched were Man On A Ledge, Killer Joe & 7 Psychopaths. I enjoyed them. I'm currently working my way through the 692 episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H for the 5th time though so I'm not watching many films at the minute.

Watched an older film, Semi Pro. With Will Farrell and Woody Harrison. It was funny. About some semi pro/farm NBA team that wants to get into the NBA, set in the 70's.

Watched Wanderlust the other night. I thought it was pretty damn funny in parts.

There were plenty of uncomfortable moments as one would expect with Paul Rudd.

Not great necessarily, but worth watching for a few good laughs.

Tried watching Act of Valor a week ago. Couldn't make it through that thing and fell asleep. I love war movies and had heard they got some vets to do some of the acting, but man it was painfull.

It was kind of like watching a series of cut scenes from a video game.

Back