Goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Exactly. Every idiot redneck in the country combined are no match for one single US Air Force jet..
Don't say that, mate. Bill Fucking O-Reily will pick up on it on Fox and all the Rednecks will be demanding the right to own fighter jets.

Don't say that, mate. Bill Fucking O-Reily will pick up on it on Fox and all the Rednecks will be demanding the right to own fighter jets.

They'd have to sell a lot of their guns and fancy belt buckles to afford one fighter jet.

I understand the whole "Right to bear arms" thing, and I also understand that it has to do with the way the U.S. got their independence. So, the right to bear arms is based on using those arms against a corrupt government. But if that's the case, then 2 things:

1) What the fuck are you all waiting for? Your government has been corrupt for about 200 years.

B) Even if every single citizen had a gun to "protect them from a corrupt government", does anyone really believe the government still wouldn't be able to over-power the population? I mean, if it's really about protecting against a corrupt government and you hope to stand a chance, you'd each need a tank and a couple of nukes. I really think the whole "protect us from a corrupt government" argument went out of date when muskets went out of fashion. It sounds good on paper and it looks cool between quotation marks, but at this point, it's kind of stupid.

a bunch of non military cave dwellers in Afghanistan, equipped with relatively small arms, whipped the Russian and the US militaries.

Something the gun lobby never admit is that the reason for that spike in 2002/3 is that the murders in 1998 by a serial killer were discovered then and included in the stats for that year. The graph also doesn't make clear that, even with that spike, the murder rate was about a quarter of that in the USA.

That said, the debate on US gun control is getting boring. If 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook couldn't change things, a couple of journalists sure won't.

Look, if the majority of Americans favour gun ownership without the sort of controls every other developed country has, that's your decision. However, please don't use lies to justify that. Statements like "carrying a gun makes you safer" or "gun control doesn't work, look at Chicago" or the all time classic "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" don't stand up to even the most basic examination.

The truth is, you want the right to carry guns and you're willing to tolerate around 11,000 deaths a year (homicide, suicide, accidents and "undetermined") in return for your desire being fulfilled.

Greg's first post summed it up far more succinctly.

We already have the right to own a gun. As far as I'm concerned no justificstion...OF ANY KIND...is neccessary.

Ok, My turn... :D

I'm wondering if this guy actually bought the gun legally. What I mean by that is that I've read he was under court order to seek physiological help. If that is the case, then he lied when he filled out his Federal questionnaire when purchasing the Glock 19.

I don't know this to be a fact, but I'm sure it will come out, and if true you will have to dig for the answer because the Lame Stream Media won't report that the current laws weren't enforced, because they are pushing an agenda for new laws.

We already have the right to own a gun. As far as I'm concerned no justificstion...OF ANY KIND...is neccessary.

Yes, yes, we know your opinion, Jimi - but do be quiet. Sane, reasonable people are trying to have a discussion here.

Ok, My turn... :D

I'm wondering if this guy actually bought the gun legally. What I mean by that is that I've read he was under court order to seek physiological help. If that is the case, then he lied when he filled out his Federal questionnaire when purchasing the Glock 19.

I don't know this to be a fact, but I'm sure it will come out, and if true you will have to dig for the answer because the Lame Stream Media won't report that the current laws weren't enforced, because they are pushing an agenda for new laws.

Valid point, but does it even matter? He still got the gun anyway because anyone can easily get any gun for any reason this country. I'm not going to look because I'm not a psychopath, but I bet within a few hours I can find a bazooka, go buy it, and launch a rocket at the school directly across the street from my house.* Yay america. Current gun laws don't actually stop anyone from breaking gun laws if they want a gun. It's so easy. And new laws won't stop them either, because we are a gun society full of neanderthals that want to keep it that way.

* Feds and government watchdogs that may read this - it was just an example, you clueless jackasses.

Valid point, but does it even matter? He still got the gun anyway because anyone can easily get any gun for any reason this country. I'm not going to look because I'm not a psychopath, but I bet within a few hours I can find a bazooka, go buy it, and launch a rocket at the school directly across the street from my house.* Yay america. Current gun laws don't actually stop anyone from breaking gun laws if they want a gun. It's so easy. And new laws won't stop them either, because we are a gun society full of neanderthals that want to keep it that way.

* Feds and government watchdogs that may read this - it was just an example, you clueless jackasses.

The 2nd. Amendment was written at time when we did not have to worry about felons getting guns.

There is a reason for that. We executed them. period.

The concept of prison (time out) as we think of it didn't come along until about the 1840s.

If you were a murderer, rapist, horse thief, etc. you had a trial (usually) and if found guilty, you were promptly hung.

If you were a petty criminal you ended up in the town stock for the day.

If you were an habitual petty criminal and public nuisance, you were hung also.

In 2015 you get a reality TV show... :D

Exactly my point. It's time to update that shit. 2nd amendment supporters are living in the stone ages.

Don't know how you get the shit back in the horse. More than 300,000,000 firearms in the US right now.

As you said new laws won't help, it will mostly keep guns from the good guys.

The biggest mass murders in the US never used guns. (timothy mcveigh, muhammad atta, etc.)

Hell, Even Ted Bundy only used a hammer as I remember.

The vast majority of gun murders in the US are people with stolen / illegal guns. They aren't paying attention to the laws on the books or new ones.

Yes, yes, we know your opinion, Jimi - but do be quiet. Sane, reasonable people are trying to have a discussion here.
it's not my opinion, it's a fact. It's a RIGHT protected by the constitution of the United States and therefore needs no justification. You, and your fellow countrymen not liking that constitutional right has no bearing on it what so ever. It's one of those "tuff shit!" things. Anyone who tries to justify that right is wasting their breath unless they are testifying before the Supreme Court. That's the only way a constitutional right can be stripped away from the american people.

it's not my opinion, it's a fact. It's a RIGHT protected by the constitution of the United States and therefore needs no justification. You, and your fellow countrymen not liking that constitutional right has no bearing on it what so ever. It's one of those "tuff shit!" things. Anyone who tries to justify that right is wasting their breath unless they are testifying before the Supreme Court. That's the only way a constitutional right can be stripped away from the american people.

I tend to agree. If you don't like it here, then there are plenty of countries to immigrate to that have strict gun laws, like France. you can arrive at your final destination via bullet train, but make sure you are sitting next to a red blooded America to defend you... :laughings:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back