General chat thread

Winamp's ownership changed a couple of years ago, and there are now difficulties in getting downloads or support.

The Winamp I use is an ancient v2.8. I've never been motivated to upgrade, and it's always behaved nicely.

Winamp's ownership changed a couple of years ago, and there are now difficulties in getting downloads or support.

The Winamp I use is an ancient v2.8. I've never been motivated to upgrade, and it's always behaved nicely.

Oh no, are you really going Comic Sans as your default font? I'm not even a writer/publisher that would care, I've just adopted the public's negative opinion towards it :)

I used Winamp forever as well. For the longest time, it was the only way to get songs onto an iPod since Windows Media Player never supported even detecting an iPod, much less loading songs to one.

I carry on my long-lost love for Winamp by being an avid supporter of Reaper. Same creator, you know!

Oh no, are you really going Comic Sans as your default font? I'm not even a writer/publisher that would care, I've just adopted the public's negative opinion towards it :)

Someone has to stand up for minority fonts. Why should Times New Roman and Arial have all the exposure?

I used Winamp forever as well. For the longest time, it was the only way to get songs onto an iPod since Windows Media Player never supported even detecting an iPod, much less loading songs to one.

I carry on my long-lost love for Winamp by being an avid supporter of Reaper. Same creator, you know!

I was aware they had the same creator. And I too expanded my support of Winamp to embrace Reaper. Although prior to Reaper, I was a big fan of Vegas for doing video stuff, and Vegas and Reaper share programming philosophies.

I love Vegas (Sony, not Las...although Las is nice, too!)
Never got into Winamp as I never got into apple products.
I believe in true multi font diversity.
Carry on!

I love Vegas (Sony, not Las...although Las is nice, too!)
Never got into Winamp as I never got into apple products.
I believe in true multi font diversity.
Carry on!

I was not aware that Winamp was an Apple product. I've only ever used PCs.

The only use I would have for WinAmp (over MusicBee which I use) would be to transfer songs to an iDevice. I don't own any...

---------- Update ----------

...BTW, Bee now supports iDevices, so I wouldn't need WinAmp anyway.

I am smoking a 6lb pork shoulder with hickory and pecan and trying to tend to my grill while the tornado sirens are wailing less than a mile away. Statewide emergency preparedness drills today; so glad I don't have to go to class and deal with that on campus.

I was not aware that Winamp was an Apple product. I've only ever used PCs.

Winamp was never an Apple product. After it was created, like in the 90's, AOL purchased them sometime late 90's early 2000's. I think AOL still owns the product, just stopped supporting and upgrading.

I am smoking a 6lb pork shoulder with hickory and pecan and trying to tend to my grill while the tornado sirens are wailing less than a mile away. Statewide emergency preparedness drills today; so glad I don't have to go to class and deal with that on campus.

So no actual tornadoes? Dang, I thought there was gonna be a "when pigs fly" joke in there somewhere :D

:laughings: Nope, no tornados just the sirens and random interruptions on tv when the emergency broadcast tests happen. It's climbing into the low 60's today and sunny out so no chance of a twister - windy as all hell though.

That pig will be flying off the bone when I pull it apart in about 8 hours! :thumbs up:

If anyone cares, that pork shoulder came out amazing. :) Before cooking, it sat in the fridge covered with a healthy dose of dry rub (held in place with a thin coating of yellow mustard) all tightly wrapped in foil for 48 hours. Cooked for 6 hours unwrapped at around 265 F, mopped with apple cider vinegar mixed with the dry rub about every 45 minutes to 1 hour. After the first 6 hours it had already reached 160 F internal so it went into foil with another mop and cooked for another hour. After it rested for an hour, still wrapped in foil, I opened it up and started pulling. The bone just fell out all by itself and there was hardly any fat left - the rest had just rendered off during the smoking process and made that meat super moist and tasty.
pulledpork.jpeg
Oh yeah...that was dinner last night. :thumbs up:

So that was a ... pig pick 'n grin, pikingrin?

It does look (and sound) pretty tasty! :) I'm preparing ribeyes and baked potatoes for tonight. It's nice to work in the meat department and be able to get Ribeye steaks for $3.25 a pound...couldn't afford them any other way.

If anyone cares, that pork shoulder came out amazing. :) Before cooking, it sat in the fridge covered with a healthy dose of dry rub (held in place with a thin coating of yellow mustard) all tightly wrapped in foil for 48 hours. Cooked for 6 hours unwrapped at around 265 F, mopped with apple cider vinegar mixed with the dry rub about every 45 minutes to 1 hour. After the first 6 hours it had already reached 160 F internal so it went into foil with another mop and cooked for another hour. After it rested for an hour, still wrapped in foil, I opened it up and started pulling. The bone just fell out all by itself and there was hardly any fat left - the rest had just rendered off during the smoking process and made that meat super moist and tasty.
View attachment 96492

The great thing about pork shoulder is that even if you fuck it up a little, it's still amazing. And when you do it just right, it's still amazing.

View attachment 96492

Sounds goooooood. I want to build a smoker someday. Low on the priority list, but that would be awesome. I've got a natural gas tap on the house near the back porch. My grill runs off it, never need to fill tanks.

I hate when you offer someone a sincere compliment about their mustache... and suddenly she's not your friend any more.

Back