From USB Condensor Mic to Non-USB "Phantom and the like".

You mean the transition from Michelle to Pinball Wizard? What sort of noise? All I get is a fade but I would like a third opinion!

No idea about the names, but when it fades, the new Melody has noise, till around 06:26 then it goes away as far as i can hear.
But during 06:15-06:26 that noise is active, so the fade itself is not the noise.

But you can hear it more clearly if you compare right at the fade, as it's "no-noise -> fade -> noise".
You can hear that it goes from being Clean and then noise appears all of a sudden.

I will hear that from anywhere.
This isn't the first time i hear noise and other doesn't (on same source/devices), either i am sensitive, or i am expecting something else and you take that "noise" for granted;P

You claimed my mp3 snippet had artifacts. Now you claim Dave's sample has noise. Neither Dave nor myself hear what you claim to hear in either of what we posted. Me thinks as I said before, you seem to have a problem on your end :D

Ok, well, Mark and Zero. Son put the stuff together not as an exercise in expert recording but as a showcase for his playing and to get work. I was having a bit of a clear up and found the CD and thought it might be of some interest.
As I say, son just points and shoots with the audio gear, does not know his Ohm from his derrier!

Dave.

Here is a Cut from it: steves compilation - Noise Fade

You will hear the Guitar, then it will fade out, and in the middle of that the Noise appear in the next Phase i guess, and then i cut it a bit later.
So pretty much first half = No noise, second half = noise.

Do you mean the click? If so there is no such click on my copy. And oddly the click does not show on a peak meter nor Samplitude's analyser.

Dave.

Nope not the Click (it must have come from me cutting, there should only be very rare cases of clipping in the file, like 4 times i think).

Hmm, it's weird you can't hear it.

Do you hear the noise from this file?

C03U - Noise Floor

It's sounds very similar, except it's much lower in this case.

Indeed it does, And everything is always disabled there, and i use Stereo Direct (which can't use them anyway as it's supposed to bypass all internal operations in the card).
And always set 24-bit 48Khz to the default samplerate.

I "Monitor" (playback) with the RCA -> 3.5mm -> O2 Amp -> Headphones HD 280 Pro.

I am never going to hear that!
It must be way down into room ambient or an artefact at nearly 80dB below 0dBFS.

Dave.

Attachments

• CO3 NOISE.png
    CO3 NOISE.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 17
That noise is the C03U noise floor, no room ambient etc, just pure circuit noise (or rounding errors?).

And yeah, that example is Much lower compared to the noise in the Steven clip.

But i can clearly hear that noise as well, or well "Clearly" may be exaggerating, but it's not hidden when i use the Mic which i find disturbing.

Never checked the DB for it though. Looked now and it appears to be at about -66db, so not 80db.

That noise is the C03U noise floor, no room ambient etc, just pure circuit noise (or rounding errors?).

And yeah, that example is Much lower compared to the noise in the Steven clip.

But i can clearly hear that noise as well, or well "Clearly" may be exaggerating, but it's not hidden when i use the Mic which i find disturbing.

Never checked the DB for it though. Looked now and it appears to be at about -66db, so not 80db.

Well it is around 66dB peak and 77.8rms and rms noise is what we "hear". But even -66dB is a bloody good Dolby A tape recorder!

I REALLY doubt you would hear it on monitors.

Dave.

Well it get's stuck in the Recording (obviously) and that's the problem.
That noise is too high, but it's somewhat acceptable.

You claimed my mp3 snippet had artifacts. Now you claim Dave's sample has noise. Neither Dave nor myself hear what you claim to hear in either of what we posted. Me thinks as I said before, you seem to have a problem on your end :D

I don't think this has been asked but what is your monitor setup? What kind of amps and speakers?

Back