Finally got pics of my studio.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Huge post.

Eh. I understand where you're going. But the board really isn't intended for DIY only. At leas that's the impression I'm getting. I am RIDICULOUSLY happy that pros post here. They can share their wealth of knowledge with all of us that don't know or understand everything so much. I think it's a wonderful thing that these people take time out of ther busy schedules to help us out.

I enjoy looking at pictures of people's studios, commercial or home. It gives me something to look at and say "WOW. :O", or "Heh. I remember those days."

It's fun for me. I highly doubt the people on this board have been handed as much shit as some of the kids around here that attempt to record have.*

I'm happy for you darnold. I'm not really jealous.. just in awe. I'd love to do what you're doing.. I just can't see it happening in the next 2 years. Heh. Good luck, man.

Xstatic, please post pictures of your studio. I'd love to see it. I'd love to see anyone's studio. :D

*There are a few kids around here with Pro Tools systems. They can't record in the slightest bit. They have no knowledge of what they're doing... but they still do it. One of the kids is 19. His mom bought him a Control 24... THAT'S $8,000 FUCKING DOLLARS. And to top it off.. he can't even use it.

I also like seeing everyones studio, home or pro. Post as many pictures as possible. If I can see what's inside a pro studio, then maybe I won't waste money on bad gear choices.

Louddog said:
I also like seeing everyones studio, home or pro. Post as many pictures as possible. If I can see what's inside a pro studio, then maybe I won't waste money on bad gear choices.

heh-heh.

Just because a pro studio utilizes a piece of gear, doesn't necessarily mean its a good piece of gear :D

Haven't you ever purchased something, not necessarily relating to recording, then absolutely dispised that purchase until you unloaded the item?

heh-heh.

Hey guys.

Done with my vacation a while ago. Got back and had to do alot of organizing and catching up. Feeling much better having a break from everything. Thanks again for pitchin in this thread. Its been fun and i hope very informative. Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Danny

Danny - I'm your age but have taken a very different route - I am doing my education and then I'll give this music 'thing' about five years before I go full-time as a teacher. I'd love to run a little project studio part-time and teach part time. Either way, good on you for being so driven and getting this place together. It looks fabulous, and if it provides you with a living then it is the ideal situation. Well done mate! :)

great work darnold, I love the way its so clean looking, where did you get the gig table that the ghost is on?

That control room must be a pleasure to work in.

vangore - thanks man. Yah i try and keep it clean despite the fact my clients love to leave trash in it every chance they get. I just got one of those oust portable fans to help out with the smell :D. Those things work great. The desk is a Omniraxx Series 800. You buy the length of the desk then you tell Omniraxx what fillers you want. If you tell them you will have a Ghost mixer they will send you the fillers to make it flush with everything. If i would have got the 10 foot one it probably would have had a second rack on the left side.

It is great to work in. When i first got in there i felt like a king. When i owned the business myself i would just hang out in there all day. I do everything in there. Its my home. Now though im either using it or its being rented 24/7 so i dont ever have time to just hang out in there. And it also makes it more difficult to keep clean right now.

Thanks for the look. Thanks everyone.

Danny

darnold said:
one of those oust portable fans to help out with the smell :D. Those things work great. The desk is a Omniraxx Series 800. You

Danny,

Get yourself one or two of those "Ionic Breeze" machines. They have no fans, make no noise, and in a studio your size they'll eat cigar smoke so you can't smell it very quickly.

Not that you allow smoking in your studio, but that's how good those machines are. I'd put one in the live room, and one in the console room. They are also easy to clean, just as they show on TV. Open unit, lift up these metal strips, wipe with a damp rag, put metal strips back.

I put one in my studio last week because I was smoking in here up until all the gear was laid out, and because its winter, the windows are closed up tight, so the smell lingered. Left it on overnight, the next morning it didn't smell, *at all*.

We have one in the kitchen next to the litter box, can't smell that either.

fred - yah i was actually thinking about that the other day. How much do those things cost? Im really sensitive to smells i guess. Er at least i cant stand it when theres sign of bacteria or mold in the studio. I dont know if thats what the lingering smell is in the studio or not but thats the impression that i get when i go into the studio in the morning.

The Oust fan is teeny teeny. Completely silent actually. I have to look right at the fan to make sure its even on. And its only $7 or so bucks. Anyway my only complaint about it is its a little too potent for my smaller room with the doors all closed. Its definately meant to fill a couple of rooms. This is ironically the same reason why its smells in the first place. Small space that is always closed up. Its winter so i cant open the windows for long periods of times to air it out.

Anyway.

Danny

Danny,

Your space looks great. Congrats. I may be 27 years your senior and with a more modest space, but I have nothing but admiration for the work you put into it. If I had that space at age 20, I woulda been in heaven.

-Todzilla

Danny - They are typically a little over $200. I paid $225 for one from sharper image, one I got on ebay for $160 plus $20 shipping.

Its freaking cold here too, hence why things are sealed up good. During the spring, summer & fall while I was building the place out, I had all three windows open all the time, so I could smoke and you wouldn't smell it the next day. Though, i shouldn't be smoking in here with the equipment anyway, and have significantly cut that down. I have one in here in the morning and the rest of the day I go outside. Soon to quit too!

Anyway, I highly recommend these units, they are pricy, but they work better than anything I've owned prior, and I've had several units, some louder than others.

When I was sanding the sheet rock, for example, I installed two huge window fans, one blowing in, one blowing out, and you should have seen the trees right next to the exhaust window... sheet rock dust was caked on good!

Sounds great. $200 was alot cheaper then i was first expecting. Though they are not on the top of my priority list, i will keep them in mind.

Danny

alright, this fool is going too far....

I feel that Rick is right.

darnold, sorry dude, ur just a teen who got to go to a studio and get a pic. if you were a real pro, you wouldn't spend your time wasting to reply on these topics. your replies to these posts only show that you have more time than you project you have and your concern for the people to believe that it really IS your studio. nope, not in this world.

pathetic though that the other people believed in your buttload of crap.

listen to this story :
there's this internet guy i met in a forum and we chatted using a messenger. he told me that he won the international awards for Quake 3 arena and Unreal Tournament. he also told me that he was a master hacker and hacked a lot! i had a chat with him for 30 minutes and made him tell me in his own words that he was bluffing it all and made it up on the way.

simple, he kept saying "i love trojans! trojans are fun! " LMAO, when i told him that trojans were not play things and you need to know a prog lang to understnad them, he was like, "uh! i did hacking when i was a child. now i forgot how it works.." ROFLMAO!!! he then accepted himself that he was lying.

most 17-20 year olds want to be the "cool-thing" and do drugs and stupid stuff. some others want to look as if they're cool and post pictures of studios they never owned. they want attention from others. thats all. there's a girl called tiarra in my class, and she keeps cracking wise-ass jokes about our history teacher just to get our attention. most of us were mad at all and wanted to get rid of her. my teacher, after having a hard time with her jokes, threw her outta class for 1 week. the class was peaceful and quiet!

thats how this is. u want to get attention from others cos you dont have friends or something. you just want popularity. dont gimme that shit that you got this studio. nope. i'm not the old fool to believe "this guy is living his dreams" crap! :rolleyes:

first of all, name any ONE of your clients, if you got the guts to do so. it takes 10 years just to master the art of mixing and mastering i believe and it never ends. dont gimme that crap that that's your studio.

im on Rick's side. this guy is probably some "Shawn" or "Micheal" who wants to get attention. go ahead, you have it from others, not from me.

BTW, i read only the first two pages. sorry if i missed something. :D

Back