Finally got pics of my studio.

sambasevam said:
most 17-20 year olds want to be the "cool-thing" and do drugs and stupid stuff. some others want to look as if they're cool and post pictures of studios they never owned. they want attention from others. thats all.

Totally, dude. I do this all the time. I really do.</sarcasm>

sambasevam said:
thats how this is. u want to get attention from others cos you dont have friends or something. you just want popularity. dont gimme that shit that you got this studio. nope. i'm not the old fool to believe "this guy is living his dreams" crap! :rolleyes:

And it's not remotely possible that he got lucky as fuck and got a chance to have this? My friend, who is 19, sits in every session at KSound Studios now. He's even starting to do shit on his own. He's got a key to the place.

sambasevam said:
first of all, name any ONE of your clients, if you got the guts to do so. it takes 10 years just to master the art of mixing and mastering i believe and it never ends. dont gimme that crap that that's your studio.

I don't recall him ever saying he had any "big name" clients. If he names any local band that he's recorded, I wouldn't be surprised if you come back at him telling him he made it up.

I think you're being a bit ridiculous.. but whatever.

Another one of my friends just started recording full time at his own studio. He's 23. I guess that's a crock of shit, too. Isn't it?

Too many people are WAY too skeptical on the internet.

Sambesavam, you sound like the 17 year old who just wants attention. Otherwise why did you not just ignore everything in this post, chuckle to yourself and move on? Do you think you will become some sort of idolized super hero for coming here and being the one to expose a fraud?

I personally know Danny and have been to his place. The pics he posted are definately from his place since I saw all of that stuff there. The circumstances of how Danny got what he has is really noones business. I can tell you however that he has to work to keep it going and make payments, and that he does not have some rich daddy that just went out and bought it all for his kid.

I don't understand why anyone has to come on here and try and tear him down with no justification and no evidence at all that what he says is NOT true. If you don't believe him, fine. That is your right to do so. In fact it is your right to voice your opinion as well. However, if your opinion is unfounded, inflamitory and just plain ol assinine, don't expect it to be accepted by anyone here:)

I still don't understand how this studio is relevant to HOME RECORDING :confused: I don't give a damn if he has $50k invested of his own money, it is STILL not HR related in any way shape or form. :rolleyes: If it was in HIS home, and HE built the damn thing, then that would be relevant. But for owners of LEASED studios to post their shit here............I don't see the point..especially if they built NOTHING :mad: It has NOTHING to do with dreams, money, age, equipment or whatever......its fucking simple. No home, no build, ..give me a break. In that case, come on you owners of Oceanway, or Hitsville, or any other goddamned world class studio.........post your pics here...I mean, after all, its a studio....so I guess that means its related....hmmmmmm, good grief. Does ANYBODY GET IT??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
fitZ

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I still don't understand how this studio is relevant to HOME RECORDING :confused: I don't give a damn if he has $50k invested of his own money, it is STILL not HR related in any way shape or form. :rolleyes: If it was in HIS home, and HE built the damn thing, then that would be relevant. But for owners of LEASED studios to post their shit here............I don't see the point..especially if they built NOTHING :mad: It has NOTHING to do with dreams, money, age, equipment or whatever......its fucking simple. No home, no build, ..give me a break. In that case, come on you owners of Oceanway, or Hitsville, or any other goddamned world class studio.........post your pics here...I mean, after all, its a studio....so I guess that means its related....hmmmmmm, good grief. Does ANYBODY GET IT??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
fitZ

It is something pretty to look at. :D

Yo,

weird to see this argument still going some how.

Oh well no big deal. Thanks for the support rob.

sambasevam - i dont get it...

danny

weird to see this argument still going some how.

I agree, and I didn't even want to reply one more time. Lets put this issue at rest, OK? Danny, I think your studio is wonderfull. I hope the best for you once and for all. I never meant for this to become what it has. My ONLY issue was, and STILL IS, somewhere along the line, I got the impression the NAME of this BBS was HOME RECORDING.com. I guess I was wrong. So be it. I will look elsewhere for a DIY Homestudio bbs, cause your studio ISN"T one and THIS bbs isn't HR no more. :rolleyes: Good luck.

At some point in the next 12 months I'll probably be able to move my stuff out of my house and into a permanent venue. I'll be making recordings for friends and local bands, as well as my own piss-poor attempts of course, and occasionally getting paid for it.

I guess as my stuff won't be in my home any more I'll have to leave. Those years of posting and the fact that my gear is decidedly 'pro-sumer' in parts will obviously be irrelevant and I will be banished.

Unless, of course, you're talking a big heap of donkey-poop, Rick. :confused:

he he you gotta love threads like this..

better than watching two woment fight!!

i gotta say that everyone should be entitled to to post on a forum reguardless.. the whole point of this place or any forum is to share information and help others.

im 34 now and i have worked for, ibm, apple, microsoft, i have trained as a carpenter, welder, engineer, telecommunications engineer to name but a few.
but im lucky i have an idemic or photgraphic memory as you would define it.

I am lucky in that respect as i am able to remember everything i read or learn or do, this has enabled me to find a job at 16 that paid more than most adults were getting at 25-30 years old. I put all my money away (whats a 16 year old gonna spend 1800 a month on???) and now i have have bought my own house outright no mortgage, i own all my equipment for my studio, next month i lay the foundations for the outside studio which i have designed and i will build, and install. I worked hard to get to this point and it shows that anyone from an early age can get to wherever they want.

Ok the kid didnt make it and now it may be classed as non diy or home recording, but... he still needs to learn, hell i still learn everyday, anyone who calls himself a wiseman is a fool as even a wiseman hasnt experienced tomorrow.

my point.. let him post.. if its his setup fine.. if he wants to share it with us.. fine.. if he wants to post here and share his info and also learn from others.. fine.. lets be constructive and just get on with it..

but.. hey rick.. god i love them posts, reminds me of me when i get fired up on something.. you just gotta get it out and the problem with a typed out msg is , it aint the same is it . i gotta lot of respect for anyone older than me and im always prepared to listen to their views whether they are valid or not.. even i have to learn and who better to learn from than your elders..

take note old people are not just old gits!!

fancy a beer and gettin crazy sometime rick?????

hey lets trash the fkn place!!! oh too late someones already done it
:D

Last edited:
pk1 said:
he he you gotta love threads like this..

better than watching two woment fight!!

i gotta say that everyone should be entitled to to post on a forun reguardless.. the whole point of this place or any forum is to share information and help others.

im 34 now and i have worked for, ibm, apple, microsoft, i have trained as a carpenter, welder, engineer, telecommunications engineer to name but a few.
but im lucky i have an idemic or photgraphic memory as you would define it.

I am lucky in that respect as i am able to reember everything i read or learn or do, this has enabled me to find a job at 16 that paid more than most adults were getting at 25-30 years old. I put all my money away (whats a 16 year old gonna spend 1800 a month on???) and now i have have bought my own house outright no mortgage, i own all my equipment for my studio, next month i lay the foundations for the outside studio which i have designed and i will build, and install. I worked hard to get to this point and it shows that anyone from an early age can get to wherever they want.

Ok the kid didnt make it and now it may be classed as non diy or home recording, but... he still needs to learn, hell i still learn everyday, anyone who calls himself a wiseman is a fool as even a wiseman hasnt experienced tomorrow.

my point.. let him post.. if its his setup fine.. if he wants to share it with us.. fine.. if he wants to post here and share his info and also learn from others.. fine.. lets be constructive and just get on with it..

but.. hey rick.. god i love them posts, reminds me of me when i get fired up on something.. you just gotta get it out and the problem with a typed out msg is , it aint the same is it . i gotta lot of respect for anyone older than me and im always prepared to listen to their views whether they are valid or not.. even i have to learn and who better to learn from than your elders..

take note old people are not just old gits!!

fancy a beer and gettin crazy sometime rick?????

hey lets trash the fkn place!!! oh too late someones already done it
:D

I agree with most of what you say except that nothing is better than watching two women fight. :D

nice

thats a nice setup. you got some top notch gear there. can i ask wat age you are and the the hell you got the cash up to have a neat set up like that....... are you producing any stuff we can hear

speaker - most of your questions have already been answered. read the thread.

i cant post anything without my clients permission. But i believe i have already posted a sample in the Mp3 mixing section. I have alot more but thats the only thing ive ever had permission to post and that particular mix is actually unfinished.

danny

Re: Finally got pics of my studio

Darnold,
Hey man, cool studio! Sounds like your using it to it's full potential, right? I have a quaint studio of my own here in my home, but I just have the most basic equipment you could imagine. Of course, I use it mainly to record my own songs by myself, which I then use to go out and do shows with, so I guess you could say it's a "professional" studio. Even though my studio is lightyears below yours, I love working with it as I'm sure you love working with yours. One of the big differences between me and you is the fact that I'm fifty years old and you're only twenty and just getting started. You've got your whole life to enjoy it and I wish I were in your shoes, but I very much enjoy what I do, even at my age. I'm sure I'll never have even a fraction of the amount of equipment that you have, but I have enough equipment for what I need. All I have for my main recording deck is a Fostex VF160 16 track multi-track hard disc recorder, along with various other gear, such as a drum set, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, bass guitar, midi modules, condenser mics, etc... I have a DBX compressor on order and am expanding my equipment needs all the time. It's nice to see all the gear you have though, and in a small way, I guess I have similar to what you have only in a much more condensed version. Once I finish a song, I dub it to my computer where I can then burn CDs if I need to.
You said you aquired this equipment from someone else? Did it take you a long time to learn how to use all of it? It looks like you have not only digital recording equipment, but also analogue tape recording. Which do you prefer?
Anyway, good luck with your studio. Maybe I can send you some photos of my modest set up sometime.

Tunes68.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
fitZ

I get it.

I can send you some emergency reefer.

Hey Tunes,

Thanks for the support and kind words.

Theres alot i still have to learn in the studio world and hopefully ill be successful. Overall though, its what i love doing. It was what i was obsessed with just like everyone else here as early as 13 years old.

As far as the analog gear goes. I actually have the compressors down with Xstatic because he might buy them. Same might happen with the 16 track tape machine (Tascam MS16 not shown in pics). I will possibly buy some of them back from him later on. But that might help answer your question about the analog.

I fashioned all my recording skills around new digital equipment. I love analog equipment, but i really dont feel comfortable with it. Yes i know how to connect it and use it, and love the sound of it. But because of my style i consider it a hassle using it all the time.

Of course sometimes it was really cool to use. But what i decided is im not using it enough right now to keep around. Its cool expensive stuff that i might use more later one when i get more accustomed to it. But at this time i cannot afford to have it sitting around not doing what it should be doing.

Xstatic however knows a ton about this kind of gear and uses it. So i brought it down their for him to dig into it and possibly buy it later.

Tape especially is a hassle. At least the 16 track. It takes loads of cables that i dont even have the moment, so much swapping needs to done to make it work. Besides that, its old and probably needs new heads which is expensive. Overall, tape like that isnt very efficient.

But the Tascam 2 track is fun to hook up every once in a while. That has a very cool sound characteristic and is much easier to use. Works really well for doing tape mixdowns and dumping it back to the digital system.

Danny

amazing

this has to be the best forum i've ever come to. i don't know what the hell i've been doing with my life. i live in nashville, went to mtsu for recording and then dropped out to work. but in doing so i forgot about music. the worst thing i could have ever done. good part is that now, 4 years later.. i have a stronger passion for it.. and posts like this one by Darnold, really contribute to that. i look forward to posting and reading up here. i've got a lot to read, i'm starting over and loving every second of it.

dedicatedlist - glad you could get some inspiration back. The fact that the music business really isnt as glamourus as it looks on TV seems to discourage alot of people who want to get into it.

Its possible though, and if its your passion the rewards are better than getting filthy rich.

I dont consider myself poor especially since its my first year of business. But lets just say im not driving sweet cars and live in a sweet home. About 90% of the money that i make goes right back into the studio for upgrades or paying of debts.

Anyone wanting to get into the business needs to be prepared for that. I have weeks where ill be spending 15 hours straight tracking and mixing, some weeks ill be doing 8 hours a day tracking and mixing but then i have to clean and organize for a couple of hours. But then theres times when ill have a week with absolutely nothing to do which is really nice.

Also, one thing that ive realized thus far in the business is dont be a gear slut. People really dont care if you have a Neumann microphone or not :D. Even though all this stuff looks cool theres a few things in the studio that i shouldnt keep around. the compressors can wait until another day for my studio.

On another note. Transitioning from a semi pro home recoridng studio to a professional studio like this has really changed my outlook on what a professional studio does.

The main thing is studios like this have options. Becuase of the fact i can do 24 tracks at once and all at the same quality to the next, and i have a large enough mic cabinet to use with those channels, means i have a whole new range of clients that can only be recorded life. Jazz musicians and the like. Also with a full isolation room and large tracking room. Its really all about options.

I do the basic stuff that everyone has, but i also have the special stuff that cannot be done in the average home studio. I have monitoring for 8 or more headphones at once, each with their own 6 channel remote station. There is enough cabling to hook up anything i need. And of couse the mic collection allows for many options on tones that im looking for.

So thats really what it comes down to. I really do encourage people to try a pro studio. You will get some ideas on how to encorperate things into the home studio to make things more efficient and have more options.

But now that being said, probably 75% is not needed by most the people on this forum. You might not have all the options in the world, but you have just as much to get the job done. You might have to work around a few more things, but you CAN get around them and do professional sounding work. But it is harder.

Anyway hopefully thats encouraging and helps give a better understanding of what professional studios are. I never really understood until i was dropped into one at my disposal. It seems people around here have the idea that they arnt needed at all or they are worthless. It really might not be what your looking for and comfortable with, but they do have things that you might not have even realized yet. Its the small things that build it.

Danny

Back