Females: What Mic Do You Use and What Genre are You In?

What's irritating me the most is finding a good firewire audio interface. So far, I search @ amazon, guitarcenter, and sweetwater website to locate one for a affordable price; I became so fraustrated by reading a lot of folks negative review on interfaces. Therefore, I was thinking on purchasing the Focusrite FireWire Audio Interface AMS-SAFFIRE PRO 14 Amplifier Equipment because there wasn't any bad comments. Are there any others that you suggest?

Well, I read some place online (forgot where) that firewire was better than USB. Also, it was written that the qualities in vocal and instruments were cleaner and clearer with phantom power (very important to me, especially with the microphones) I also read that the USB 2.0 was better than the USB 1.1 interface.

Well just make sure that your computer supports firewire. And any computer purchase you my make in the near future.
2.0 is better than 1.1 and they are now coming out with 3.0
From what I understand is it's all about the speed between firewire and USB. Maybe I'm wrong but there isn't that much of a difference.
Perhaps someone will chime in who is more versed in this field and explain it better that I.

If I am not mistaken, are there interfaces with the sound cards. I will have to make sure later today before I buy it. If not, I will check around and see what I can find. What do I have to purchase with an USB 2.0 interface for a computer? I know with the firewire that it's possible to need a sound card for the computer to support firewire and firewall or something... not sure!! LOL I hope someone helps clear this confusion up for me. How do I check to see if my computer supports it? MHZ, GHZ, and or RAM???

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, are there interfaces with the sound cards. I will have to make sure later today before I buy it. If not, I will check around and see what I can find. What do you have to purchase with an USB 2.0 interface for a computer? I know with the firewire that it's possible to need a sound card and firewall on your computer or something... not sure!! LOL I hope someone helps clear this confusion up for me. How do I check to see if my computer supports it? MHZ, GHZ, and or RAM???

You don't need a soundcard for your interface whether it is USB or firewire. The interface will be the soundcard. Firewall has nothing to do with your interface, recording or anything you're trying to do here. If you're posting to an internet forum, chances are your computer is adequate enough to record a vocal track.

Pretty sure I gave you a good recommendation for an interface earlier in this thread. Don't get distracted, just get that one for now. Try it out and see if it does what you want.

If you do opt for a firewire interface (which I don't think you need) you have to be sure your computer has a firewire port. If you get the USB interface I recommended, you will have no problem with connections. All computers in the last 7 years have USB ports.

There will still be a STEEP learning curve, so be prepared. Read as much as you can, the manuals for everything you buy, books on recording, these forums, etc... Ask questions here. It can be very intimidating at first.

have fun!!

Thanks Chili,
I was about to have a meltdown, you save me!! So, it nothing wrong with an USB 2.0 interface? Yeah, I have much to learn...

Chat with you all later, I am dead tired. Good-night!

This is what I purchased today; I’ve spent almost eight hundred dollars…
Microphones/equipments:
Cable
Stand
Pop Filter
Clip
Prodipe TT1 Ludovic Lanen Dynamic
MXL V67G Large Capsule Condenser
Audio Interface:
Presonus audio interface (USB 2x2)
Headphone:
Sennheiser HD 201

I also bought the SE Electronics Reflexion Filter as well as other things for home recording and college courses. I think that I am almost about complete. Oh yeah, I'm going to buy the materials to make the acoustic panels later. Did I forget anything? I'll be back later, I have to go and take an online quiz.

Update: I ace the quizz with 95% (A)

Last edited:
Back