Eq?

Okay sipi1910. But on your way out the door, leave my answer to your question here please! If I don't request that, you will probably go and "plagerize" me....:mad: . Then I will have to sue that website, you, and of course then hire a team of thousands to follow around ALL the users over there to make sure THEY do not "plagerize" me too!

Geez.....you look the gift hourse in the mouth, when you should have got on and rode away with all that usefull info. You continue the show a total lack of humor and irony. Well fine then! I will take MY ball and go home!

Ed

Oh..sob...I'm so put down...I just can't reply... what a stinging retort...Ouch..... I'm....speachless. Do you want to know about EQs now?...Oh the humanity......

Wow, this is ridiculous.

This IS the newbie forum and Sipi obviously (and rightfully) feels attacked. Regardless of the quality information in Ed's post (and the humor) I would feel attacked, too, if it were aimed at me.

Everyone, be careful what you say. This thread is getting WAY out of hand for the Newbie forum.

Sipi, there are a lot of friendly folks here and much good information. I hope that you don't let this silliness bother you too much or take it personally.

In any case, this is no place for a flame war. We aren't the only people who are reading this thread. This is the newbie forum and the thread is getting a lot of attention.

If the flaming continues much longer then new folks won't feel comfortable asking straight forward and honest questions as Sipi did. To me, that's not what this BBS is about.

Be careful what you say. For all the great information that can be shared across the internet like this, it really is not an effective form of communitication.

Regardless of how you feel (everyone)....just stop. Or take it to the cave if you really want to continue flaming each other.

Chris

(PS. It had to be said, even if I feel like Beaver Cleaver now. "Gee, Wally. Can't we all just be friends?")

I said nothing inflamatory to this child but he sure did say something naughty to me. I asked that all the nonsense stop and got insulted for my trouble. As far as I'm concerned, he's a non-person.

sipi1910 said:
what was that TRACK RAT?i couldnt understand you with sonus's dick in your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!

AHA! (Notice all in caps). The old " I am leaving then stick around to eavesdrop" trick. We don't allow that here, sorry.

Sipi, perhaps you just need a hug. These guys are all fine. Cmon ya big lug, it's time to relax and give us all a big hug.

Isnt that better?:o

Damn...
OK, I buy that this is the newbie-forum, but I'll never buy that this is the "Hi, this is the first day I've ever exposed myself to the world, please treat me like I'm a delicate flower in the desert-forum".
Asking a newbie-question doesn't mean you're Bambi on ice..

Question asked, Question answered.
Then a certain muppet thinks: "Oh.. he spent all that time to write up that really thorough explanation on equalizers just to be a smartass"'

BRILLIANT!!!

Originally posted by sipi1910
"look,i was under the impression that i could ask a question in the newbie section without getting a bunch of smartass answers"

....and a more thorough answer to your question than your sorry little ass could ask for.. Now go get your losing game going elsewhere.

Originally posted by sipi1910
i will do myself a favor and go to www.recordingwebsite.com where i can get decent answers from decent people.

Is that a threat or a promise?

Um, it was my understanding that this forum was for newbies to the homerecording world, not newbies to the asking questions world.

Act like a prick when you ask your question, get a prick response. That's "How to Ask Questions 101" shit.

See, your big mistake was this line right here:

"CAPS OFF?...OH YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON AREN'T YOU GEC.THAT WAS SO CLEVER I ALMOST LET IT SLIP RIGHT OVER MY HEAD.YOUR PARENTS MUST BE SO PROUD."

Aside from asking an invalid question to begin with (e.g. you answered it before asking it), you then insult somebody who was simply informing you of the proper rules of netiquette that we all abide by to ease some of the burden of communication. You kind of remind me of my daughter, who is going through the "it's not my responsibility to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say" stage. It's a little less cute coming from you though I might add, but I'm biased.

So you come off as being pretty shallow, by saying that you know what EQ is, but then basically asking what EQ is, and writing in all caps which just drives most people nuts. Then when somebody tells you to turn your caps off, you further demonstrate your cockiness by trying to degrade the person in a way that just screams "I'm in high schoool."

So, not suprisingly, you get a smartass answer from somebody who basically gives you ALL of the information you need to know to get a handle on EQ, and who also happens to be one of the resident professionals. Now the best course of action in this case would have been to act a little hurt. Sort of, "I feel like a real jerk now for losing my temper." This would have helped you out two-fold. First, people would have felt bad for you and probably would have thought Ed was out of line (win win for you). Second, this discussion would be over and you could move on (another win for you).

So now you're faced with a similar choice. Do you continue to waste your efforts on a battle that will produce no winners, or do you just move on? Right now it's not looking good. I mean, your only argument here is that Ed wasn't nice to you because you were acting cocky. Continuing to act cocky only helps Ed at this point, and hurts your own image. It's too late to say you're sorry and kiss & makeup. Being that you're a newbie who hasn't had much exposure at this point....if I were you I'd just let it drop.

A Reel Person: I think that you are rude and arrogant for your insistant cross posting and spamming of the DaveMania Collection, yet people still kiss your ass. We all have our weak spots. Ed's legacy here, despite being a prick, will be that he almost single handedly taught a whole lot of us the fundamentals of the recording process. He answers emails, he listens to mixes, he chats, and he'll write a god damn book just for you if you prod him long enough (or piss him off...very interesting no?). He's also one of the few pros around here who will actually post mixes, and explain to you in detail how he arrived at a sound. Oh, and he'll also tell you if your material sucks, which is a rare commodity around these parts. And yeah, if you want to fight, he's your guy for that too I guess.

Slackmaster 2000

Slack! Will you marry me? ;)

Tex, can I borrow that? I promise to turn over a new leaf and give you credit every time I write it somewhere.....:D

Ed

I certainly don't want to argue with HRmembers, or have some flame war on the web.

I just can't stand it, when sonusman talks down to Newbies like that. It's rude & uncalled for, especially on the Newbie forum.

Maybe Ed's a prick, and that's his natural state of being, and maybe people accept him for it, but ED, would you PLEASE refrain from busting Newbies' chops, on the Newbie board? If you have to do it, pls do it anywhere but the Newbie board. [See, that was asking nicely].

-You're right Ed. Your humor, irony and wit,... [or SHIT, as I'd call it], goes right over my head,... [or the useless blob above my shoulders, as you'd call it]. You're obviously a superior being, from a superior planet: the planet of Prick.

==========

Slack, spam is relative, and I'm not gonna go off on that tangent again, but thanx for the purely gratuitous mention of my cd project, THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, FREE 4CD SET, which is still available, and doing very well. Catch my other posts for more details.

I don't want to argue with you Slack. DAVEMANIA's not spam, and you haven't seen the last of it yet, either. The Davemania project has been a BIG SUCCESS. As of this writing, I'll have shipped >80 pieces, worldwide.

Slack, how's that dead-in-the-water-piece-of-crap called the "Official HRcom CD" doing? Maybe you should spend more time on that, instead of hopping on this board to criticize me.

Thx. /DA

Yes, I've done a search on the word "Davemania". The hits are many.

No doubt, several of the post are utterly gratuitous, self promoting hype, and everyone knows that, but also, some of the posts where I've mentioned 'Davemania', I've felt it was a legitimate comment, and fit the topic accordingly.

You're right, mentions of Davemania have been many, and noticeable, if not all-pervasive. I appreciate being given board space to promote my CD project, and I also appreciate the people who've participated in the Davemania project.

You're right, Slack, the posts on or about Davemania have been numerous, and come to think of it, I think DAVEMANIA needs it's own FORUM.

Thanx for giving me that idea, Slack.

A DAVEMANIA FORUM will be my next website suggestion. ;)

Slack, sorry for taking such a cheap shot at you,...

-'cause I do wish you the best, on your cd project, but we'll probably disagree about the relevance of DAVEMANIA to HRcom.

What's Davemania?
-Ask you & maybe others: it's spam.
-Ask me & maybe others, and it's a phenomenon.

BTW, I do think a DAVEMANIA FORUM is a good idea, [but what'd you expect?]

Hey, I'm not here to argue with any HR members, not Slack, Ed or anyone else. I'm just here to discuss home recording. Davemania dovetails perfectly with the subject of home recording, despite it being a highly conceptual, out-of-the-box, kooky concept, with over-the-top promotional waves of hype.

Re: Davemania: I think it's all been done in good taste, for good reasons, with the right intentions, with a sense of humor, and all for fun, and if that's not clear or obvious by now, then I've done it all wrong.

Davemania's kooky from the word 'go', so you have to view it with a sense of humor.

Davemania was not the topic of this thread, but thanx for mentioning my project again, and for being patient while I explained it again.

Dude, it's not that I'm opposed to DaveMania...that would be ridiculous. In fact I'm not necessarily "opposed" to your crossposting...at least not enough to go start an anti-you campaign over it. I only mentioned it once before in a thread where somebody asked if what you were doing was "spam", and then in this thread to make a point. It's not like I sit around at night steaming because you posted about your CD's in the mic forum or anything, cripes :)

The only thing that really truely bugs me, is that FT was banned from this site for very very very similar activity, at least to start with. And technically cross posting off-topic material is against site rules. Now I realize that all rules are meant to be bent and I'm not about to go all old man and start complaining to dragon or anything...but I think that cross posting and anti-spam rules exist for a very good reason. We've got a bazillion members here, all of whom have *something* that they'd like to get out to the world. I'm not arguing here, I'm just making sure you understand where I'm coming from, and that it's not out of some kind of superiority complex or anything.

You know I moderately defended FT for a while, and then for the most part have gone out of my way to not look at FT threads, no matter how many hits they're getting. I did try to argue with him once, because I saw his behavior on the net as being self-abusive, and I was really interested in why he kept it up. To this day I am more disappointed in FT bashers than I am in FT himself....not that he isn't irritating. Well whatever, I'm really going off topic here.

I don't really want to argue with you either. I mean, at some level we both must want to argue, because we did....and probably will again about something or other down the road. I guess I just don't want to fight. Sorry for using the "f" word.

I still think Ed is one of the most valuable resources on this board. He has run off a few newbies, and I don't necessarily always agree with him when he does and in one case I was definately offended (the ah..."joey" thing)...but in most cases the other party was pretty confrontational to begin with. Aside from that he has done a lot of work to promote and contribute to this board...a lot more than a lot of people are aware of. That is my opinion.

You can continue to think he's nothing more than a prick. I am comfortable with the fact that you don't like somebody that I do like...it happens. I do appologize for jumping to his defense by insulting you...and I guess I can admit that my "point" was intended to be a little insulting (the part about davemania anyhow).

Slackmaster 2000

AAh, that's better, everyone trying to get along now. I still think sipi needs a group hug, he seems to be a bitter young man, but maybe he didnt get his Davemania CDs, or maybe he can't read well enough to understand the Sonus tips ( thank you for that, I actually printed that out.) Hopefully our friend sipi will come back, and learn the art of sarcasm and humor.

I can feel the love now. No need to hold me (yet).

Funny you should mention that, 'cause I emailed David Fiedler directly,...

about the Davemania project, a long time ago, at the very beginning rollout of the 1st edition, asking him to check out my posts and to pls participate in the Davemania project.

David Fiedler never responded to my email. However, since it's his board, I'm sure he's seen my posts, and since he did not respond, either favorably, or by repremanding me, or banning me from this site, his non-response leads me to believe The Davemania project has his implied approval.

David Fiedler can email me, if he has a problem with me, my posts, or my cd project, and the use of the boardspace I've been taking to promote it.

Look, I'm glad you're not interested enough to form an "Anti-Me" campaign, and I've been thinking hard about the best way I can get maximum exposure, without crossposting, but with the fragmented nature of HRcom, IMO, a minimum of crossposting is necessary.

I overdid the crossposting, the first time out, sure, but I was naive about it, then. The 2nd edition rollout, I toned it way down, only crossposting half of what I did before. Still, I got flamed. Now, at the 3rd edition rollout, believe me, I'm trying to come up with an alternative to crossposting, but I haven't come up with anything, short of a legitimate DAVEMANIA forum. No joke implied.

Until I can assure maximum visibility for the Davemania project on one forum, I think a minimum amount of crossposting may be necessary. I'll do my best to keep any crossposting to a minimum, but fact is, that part of the great success of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, was that it was highly exposed on several forums, simultaneously. I'm sure that's true, and therefore, I think it proves my basic point, that a minimum of crossposting is necessary for maximum exposure, on a board such as HRcom.

I'm not doing Davemania or crossposting to aggrivate people, or to abuse the bbs, and I certainly don't want to argue with people over the 'spam' issue.

I certainly didn't want to hijack this thread onto DAVEMANIA.

Davemania has plenty of momentum, as I just rolled out another 30 4-cd sets, worldwide. The 3rd free edition of Davemania set new records, and beat all expectations, again. Read my official 3rd release memo, soon, TBA.

I think the original point was, that I'd really appreciate it, if Ed/sonusman would not verbally abuse Newbies on the Newbie board. I know he's sort of trying to be funny, but please, it's not funny or entertaining, it's insulting, especially on the Newbie board.

Look, I'm sorry I lost my temper, but that type of thing will always get a reaction from me. That wasn't the first time I snapped at sonusman, and it may not be the last, depending on how he treats HR Newbies. He can take that superior attitude, and stuff it, 'cause he's not superior, funny, or anything else he thinks he is.

Back