Dumb Mac question

Yes, that's the Apple proprietary connector used for charging, at least until the iPhone 15, which uses a USB-C port/jack. (You can thank the EU for this change, supposed to reduce the number of different chargers you have, but, of course, it still doesn't solve the no 3.5mm headphone jack problem, so you need to add another adapter to the collection...)

3.5 mm headphone jack comes in handy for hooking up to vintage hi fi gear. If anyone back then were to mention bluetooth, you’d tell them to go see a dentist :D

I must admit to using my phone when the media player in the rack threw a wobbly for a theatre show walking in music. Spotify and the headphone adaptor saved the day. However, this was adaptor 2, because adaptor 1 was identified by my phone as non genuine and the phone rejected it, which I did think was a bit protective.

I just note that Samsung and Motorola and Samsung android phones are not actually immune from being'not nice'. They're disabling the phones of customers who imported them from a cheaper country. So not counterfeit phones, just grey imports. They can just switch them off!

The newer Samsung Galaxy phones need an adapter to plug headphones in now as well.

Everything is going that way.

I just note that Samsung and Motorola and Samsung android phones are not actually immune from being'not nice'. They're disabling the phones of customers who imported them from a cheaper country. So not counterfeit phones, just grey imports. They can just switch them off!
I compared my earlier (2012) android to a buddy’s new android and the file system isn’t as accessible either. He said that’s to make it harder to hack.

Back