DAW Users With ADD

Our vacation days run from 1-1 to 12-31 and I had a streak of five years where I was not allowed to take days off at the end of the year. I ended taking just the pay but not getting the day off. This year I took a lot of days early just so I could get them. I still have one vacation day coming , but I' saving it in case I need a sick/snow day.

Yeah. I put in for a Saturday off every month (my wife has a normal M-F job) so I can spend time with my wife. The last two, theyve scheduled me five days despite the extra pay. Our year runs March1-Feb28(9), and they pay us for everything over 80. I have over 150 hours at the moment and gain 10 every other week. I'll have at least 200, which will give me 3 weeks (120 hours) of extra pay in March on top of my normal paycheck. Hope GAS doesn't hit too hard. Have some medical bills to pay off yet (almost down to $10K!!!)

I know what I'm getting for Christmas
Because I bought it for myself.

I got yet another concert uke! I've been wanting to play a uke set at the local open jam but neither of my ukes have pickups. I thought about installing one, but I might screw it up and by the time I pay someone else to do it I'm more than halfway to buying a new one. With the discount I got it for $191, I'll see if was worth it. I wanted a non-cutaway that had an active preamp with a tuner. At first I wanted a natural wood grain instrument, but then I thought other than a cheap tobacco burst mandolin all my acoustic instruments are natural wood grain.

I also picked up the brass bridge pins which I'll try out.

Football
Go Badgers!

LATER!!!

Going to a party tonight at our former bass player's house. First time I'll be seeing most of our old group since we broke up. Not sure if it'll be strange or not.

Either way, I believe there will Johnny Walker Black there, so the evening won't be a total loss. :D

I'm going to the church to direct the final practice (before dress rehearsals) of our Christmas drama. :)
AFA Christmas gifts. I decided years ago just to stay on the naughty list. The coal keeps us warm until April...

It's Christmas time! I was driving with the grands in the car when I saw a dead deer by the side of the road. I pointed, and said, "Look, kids; Santa lost his temper again!"

Dead silence.

It's Christmas time! I was driving with the grands in the car when I saw a dead deer by the side of the road. I pointed, and said, "Look, kids; Santa lost his temper again!"

Dead silence.

More dead silence......

Not familiar with the song. Nice. Sounds like old English.

"What child is this" is a standard in my book, granted it's not "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer."

Here's another, crappy vocal, but it's the thought that counts....

Here's another, crappy vocal, but it's the thought that counts. ]

Ok, I'm puzzled. How did you get the reverb on the harp? Overdub? I had assumed it was all one mic live until then. You might consider adding some reverb to vocals, they're pretty dry.

And I actually know this song. ?

Sorry, but I have to root for Da Bears today. But I'll try and even it out by trashing the Lions for you. :thumbs up:

Ok, I'm puzzled. How did you get the reverb on the harp? Overdub? I had assumed it was all one mic live until then. You might consider adding some reverb to vocals, they're pretty dry.

And I actually know this song. ?

Sorry, but I have to root for Da Bears today. But I'll try and even it out by trashing the Lions for you. :thumbs up:

I just turned it up on that part. Overdubs?:laughings:

I'm rooting for the Giants, today's game is the classic NFC central December game.

And I actually know this song. ��

BTW it's one mic and my guitar direct. I get guitar bleed with mic and fill it out with the direct.

It was w-a-y too much verb, but I mixed it over phones, bleary eared and late at night. I blame my wife for the shitty take. After all these years she still doesn't understand why she can't do laundry or talk to me while I'm recording.:rolleyes:

It was w-a-y too much verb, but I mixed it over phones, bleary eared and late at night. I blame my wife for the shitty take. After all these years she still doesn't understand why she can't do laundry or talk to me while I'm recording.:rolleyes:

:laughings: Mine, too! I need one of those photographer's red lights outside the door...one of my favorites; I was standing under the microphone with the headphones on and the speakers off and all she heard was my singing, so she sent the grands in for goodnight hugs. I guess wanting to interrupt my singing is pretty universal :D

Back