DAW Users With ADD

The only thing I watch on cable is sports. I used to like the History channel and TLC, but then they became reality TV.

I can not tell a lie.
My brother chopped down the cherry tree.

It was at the end of the line, nestled between two houses with power lines on either side and the cable going though the middle. I figured it was better for me to take it down than to wait for it to go on it's own.

Back
Matt left us in the dark for a few days, but I'm ready to clean up and get on with life.

Music
Got the chord progressions for two more songs towards next year's release. :)

Work
We threw away $38,000 worth of food this week. Quite disappointing. The backup generator failed to function Saturday when the power went down and by the time the repair people got it running on Monday afternoon, the power was back on...

"We" meaning the local WalMart where I work...ALL frozen department that was on the floor (and a good load out of the main freezer), ALL dairy, most frozen meat, ALL fresh meat, ALL deli product that was not in their freezer. A lot of it was probably okay, but we like to have repeat business, so we don't take any chances in killing the customers off. :D

We had the same situation with Sandy. I had no power for nine days. Screw Abe Lincoln, doing anything by candlelight is not fun. No tv. No computer. No heat - gas heat, but no blower motor. Fortunately I did have hot water.

The local food store had an outside crew come in and strip the shelves from all refrigerated and frozen sections. Fortunately they were only out for a few days. So at least I could go get some bread and peanut butter.

Never want to do that again. The good news is other than the food I lost, I didn't suffer any damage. It was all psychological. :eek:

Had a day off yesterday, understand what you mean by psychological. I Been poking around trying to get motivated...it's just drained me.
Got dishes and laundry caught up yesterday. Cleaned the bathrooms. Guess that was a good start. Wanted to record my new chord progressions, but just couldn't get motivated.
Back to work today; next day off is Tuesday. Would die for two in a row again. My new manager (they switch out about every 6-9 months) doesn't seem to understand. Then again, she seems to avoid my department like the plague. Guess that's a compliment. :)

Power
The longest we were without power was about eight hours, but I've always had a generator on my work truck. Two funny things about it,first it was caused by a rare February tornado. Second,my wife had just given birth to my daughter and chose to go home rather than stay at the hospital an extra day.We were home for all of an hour when the power went out.

Work
I'm really getting sick of being in charge and long for the day when I can work by myself.

LATER!!!!

Power
The longest we were without power was about eight hours, but I've always had a generator on my work truck. Two funny things about it,first it was caused by a rare February tornado. Second,my wife had just given birth to my daughter and chose to go home rather than stay at the hospital an extra day.We were home for all of an hour when the power went out.
Big difference between no power for a few hours, and no power for days. It takes a toll on you. In fact, to this day I still twitch when the lights flicker. :o

Of course a new baby would make things a bit trying too.

Big difference between no power for a few hours, and no power for days. It takes a toll on you. In fact, to this day I still twitch when the lights flicker. :o

Of course a new baby would make things a bit trying too.

The problem being we didn't know how long it would be off for. The joke was that when I finally called the power company to get an idea of when the service would be back, as I was on the phone with the company rep the power came back on. I told her that was great service. :)

A person would never think of buying a generator, but would pay top $$$ if they were without power long enough.

They have very easy to carry, super quiet generators now. So quiet I've seen them used to power bands that weren't close to an electrical source.

The problem we had during Sandy was that most generators are gas powered, and there wasn't any gas available because none of the gas stations' pumps were working. There were a few stations that had generators, but the lines were hours and hours long. Then, naturally, they would run out. And, of course, you were wasting more gas by driving around and around looking for an open station.

The only blessing was that it was late October. Chilly, but not freezing. I had to wear a coat inside, but it was tolerable.

The problem we had during Sandy was that most generators are gas powered, and there wasn't any gas available because none of the gas stations' pumps were working.
If you have the foresight to have a generator, shouldn't you also have some gas on hand? At very least any time severe weather is forecast you could pick up a few gallons and use it on the car or mower if you didn't need it.

Cakewalk
Is giving away a free plug in, but it seems you need to install something called "Cakewalk Command Center" to get it. I'm debating whether I should or not. It seems all these freebie software plugs come with a shell that makes it easier for the company to sell you stuff.

LATER!!!

If you have the foresight to have a generator, shouldn't you also have some gas on hand? At very least any time severe weather is forecast you could pick up a few gallons and use it on the car or mower if you didn't need it.
I guess. In my case, living in a townhome, there's really no place to store gas. I don't own a mower. And my car uses premium. :) :)

I should also mention that in my 60-something years prior to Sandy, I had never lost power for more than a few hours. I really don't need a generator to get through that - even overnight. Of course there's always a first, and there were A LOT of generators sold after Sandy. Lol.

Cakewalk
Is giving away a free plug in, but it seems you need to install something called "Cakewalk Command Center" to get it. I'm debating whether I should or not. It seems all these freebie software plugs come with a shell that makes it easier for the company to sell you stuff.

Reason has that covered. You just can't use anything besides REs which are proprietary to Propellerhead...I have some plugs I would LOVE to have in Reason. The only ones I use are mastering stuff (which I suck at) that I apply across a stereo channel in Reaper (like Density and Kjearhaus) and I don't do that very often.

Hey, AR, you're right about Rodgers. He looked horrible yesterday. And I needed him to kick the Girls' ass. :(

What's up, do you think?

Reason has that covered. You just can't use anything besides REs which are proprietary to Propellerhead...I have some plugs I would LOVE to have in Reason. The only ones I use are mastering stuff (which I suck at) that I apply across a stereo channel in Reaper (like Density and Kjearhaus) and I don't do that very often.

That would be a no-go for me.

Hey, AR, you're right about Rodgers. He looked horrible yesterday. And I needed him to kick the Girls' ass. :(

What's up, do you think?

He just flat out lost it. I know our defense gave up some points, but I'm blaming the offense, specifically Rodgers for the loss.

November
It's here and has been for a few days.

Time to put away the outside furniture and the rain barrels. We'll leave out a couple crappy chairs and have fires as the weather permits.

Sports
The Packers look to be good enough to squeak into the playoffs and lose. The Badgers should get a New Years day bowl.

Music
This is the time of year when the prices suck, just to make the December prices look better. I'm always looking for deals around the personal gain holidays, but I have seen anything worth biting on yet. This may be the year I don't get anything. I've been concentrating on learning new songs and I've made strides that make me sound better than any new gear could.

The weather
Perfect. It really has been a great weather year, it's a shame that I really didn't take advantage of it.

LATER!!!

Back