DAW Users With ADD

In packing my man-cave this weekend, I came to realise how much gear I have that I don't use. Even worse, I have had to catalogue it for insurance purposes and price it up. Its frightening!:eek:

Happy days!:D

Why did you even bother unpacking your stuff, you only stopped for a cup of coffee and now you're off again. I'm beginning to think you're involved with some kind of intrigue that keeps you bouncing around the globe avoiding the authorities.

Once you settle down maybe we'll hold your feet to the fire and make you actually use some of that gear. Of course I'm equally if not more guilty.:o:o:o

So will this be a highwater mark for instrumental competence with the group?

Are you still the Dachays?
Yeah, I would say that instrumentally this is the best we've ever been.

The drummer and the guitar player used to play together right after high school in a group called Purple Haze. So when they first joined we started calling ourselves The Dach-Haze (get it, Dachays, Dach-Haze).

The new keyboard guy also played with them, so after he joined we've become just Da Haze.

I'm packing my man-cave this weekend
So what does that include? Pruning shears, carpet samples, dried flowers, sewing kit, and the like? :D

Have fun in Zurich. Let me know once you're settled and I'll have to plan a visit. Assuming, of course, I can work it into my schedule. ;)

Btw, why do you need two weeks to finish up work? You didn't do two weeks worth of work the whole time you were there. :confused:

So what does that include? Pruning shears, carpet samples, dried flowers, sewing kit, and the like? :D

Have fun in Zurich. Let me know once you're settled and I'll have to plan a visit. Assuming, of course, I can work it into my schedule. ;)

Btw, why do you need two weeks to finish up work? You didn't do two weeks worth of work the whole time you were there. :confused:

You know me so well!

I need two weeks because I have to overview a very important project (overview note, not actually do anything;)) Don't worry Mike, I'm not giving up on a lifetime of work avoidance:D.

Why did you even bother unpacking your stuff, you only stopped for a cup of coffee and now you're off again. I'm beginning to think you're involved with some kind of intrigue that keeps you bouncing around the globe avoiding the authorities.
You are not the first person to remark that I have chosen to live in two countries renown for their money laundering and tax avoidance capabilities. My lips are sealed!;)

So what exactly is the Sonar Cambridge release. It says it is available for all Sonar members? I keep getting emails about it. Am I a Sonar member? I think I tried to download this once and had problems.

I have Sonar X3. Although I've never really used it. Probably won't use Cambridge either, but don't want to pass up any freebies. :)

So what exactly is the Sonar Cambridge release. It says it is available for all Sonar members? I keep getting emails about it. Am I a Sonar member? I think I tried to download this once and had problems.

I have Sonar X3. Although I've never really used it. Probably won't use Cambridge either, but don't want to pass up any freebies. :)

I'm not sure why but Cakewalk has stopped sending me Emails. I know they have a subscription version of SONAR, but that's about it. I recently visited their online store and found they've removed the filters and haven't updated their monthly specials in quite some time.

I have X2 and it's more than I need, in fact it's too cluttered, I have to be careful where I'm clicking. Recording software has matured and I'm guessing the market is pretty well saturated, I'll bet it's a hard sell. They probably have a bigger marketing staff than development.:rolleyes:

My lips are sealed!

In that case, I'll just have to make stuff up. :eek:

Today

The school is hosting a music event where people perform and get critiqued. My son is in jazz band and my daughter will be performing a duet with piano on violin.

After that it's off to my dad's seventy fifth birthday party :drunk:. I may have a headache tomorrow.

Things are going good

My wife really likes her new job and I just realized it's the first time she has ever had paid vacation and holidays. She also gets paid for continuing education too. Good deal. :thumbs up:

My son got accepted at UW Madison and he's super stoked. It's not a done deal in that we really need to sit down to talk about numbers and other adult real world issues, but I have to admit coming from my modest background, I would be extremely proud to have a child get a degree from that school. :cool:

In the meantime, work is work, some things never change.

LATER!!!

My son got accepted at UW Madison and he's super stoked. It's not a done deal in that we really need to sit down to talk about numbers and other adult real world issues, but I have to admit coming from my modest background, I would be extremely proud to have a child get a degree from that school. :cool:

LATER!!!
Before your head swells too much, might I remind you that Paul and I both have degrees. :o. :eek:

Before your head swells too much, might I remind you that Paul and I both have degrees. :o. :eek:

But yours is from a reform school and Paul's is from an on line university where you have to draw a picture of a pirate to enroll.

My head is swollen however, and if I were to make a guess I would say it was from all that beer I drank at my dad's birthday party.

I don't get out too much
Well at least to taverns.
I was not so much surprised as I was impressed that they had a jukebox with a search engine that could play virtually anything.

Today
Truck straightening up, a little laundry, maybe some cooking and basketball.

Go Badgers, second straight Final Four, not bad for guys who actually have to attend classes.

LATER!!!

Get going on the FAFSA - if you haven't done so already.

We're on it and aside from filling out an initial form they actually roll it into the admissions process.

My son has done well enough in school that he's already got a couple small scholarships. I keep telling my son that time spent looking for free $$$ is more efficient than time spent working to pay off your student loans. Especially because your first job usually doesn't pay that much.

Suckage

I haven't been in contact with my ex duet partner for some time as he moved away and life takes it's own course. The other day I received a letter telling me that his 27 year old son has had major medical problems and they're holding a benefit for him at the end of the month. I'm going to bone up on a few songs and do the guitar and harmonica thing, perhaps we'll have a mini reunion. I'll be getting more details soon.

The Stones
Are opening Summerfest.

I'm in no way interested, I don't care for the whole "concert experience" thing. Paying big $$$ to be herded like animals, over pay for warm beer and watch ants on a stage is not my idea of a good time. I would rather go to a small bar or festival and sit right up front.

One more day....

Till vacation.

LATER!!!!

Suckage

I haven't been in contact with my ex duet partner for some time as he moved away and life takes it's own course. The other day I received a letter telling me that his 27 year old son has had major medical problems and they're holding a benefit for him at the end of the month. I'm going to bone up on a few songs and do the guitar and harmonica thing, perhaps we'll have a mini reunion. I'll be getting more details soon.

!

That's so sad. I had a similar thing happen to me with my best friend from high school. We kinda drifted apart a few years after high school. The next time I caught up with him I find out his son has brain cancer.

What do you say to something like that? :(

Vacation!
Or more properly, staycation.
One of these years I'm going to take a real vacation, it's just that I have a hard time relaxing.

Hopefully I get a few things done this week.

One of the band parents is the drummer in an oldies band and he might stop by this week just to compare notes and talk music. His son is also going on the school trip.

That's so sad. I had a similar thing happen to me with my best friend from high school. We kinda drifted apart a few years after high school. The next time I caught up with him I find out his son has brain cancer.

What do you say to something like that? :(

Well this isn't that bad. As it turns out his son is well now, but he was self employed and had no insurance:rolleyes:. So in addition to the medical bills he lost his immediate work and every thing that was in the pipeline.

The benefit is at a rural Lions club and is held every year to help a community member who has fallen on tough times. My friend has been the MC/auctioneer for the last few years so one hand washes the other in the end. It's funny how people who are so spread apart can have such a close knit community and how some people in the city can be neighbors for years and avoid making eye contact.

Divorce
No, not me, some guy at work.

It sucks and it's complex, but what kills me is that his wife's ring was $10,000. That's fucking nuts! It seems like every person we know that bought their wife a gigantic rock has gotten divorced. If you have any kind of debt at all you have no business throwing money away on an empty symbol. Love is like some kind of temporary insanity.

Eating good!
Back ribs today and prime rib tomorrow!

LATER!!!

Back