DAW Users With ADD

dachay2tnr said:
Wow this place is vicious. I just got neg repped for a post I made in 2002. :eek: :eek:

Isn't there a statute of limitations? :confused: :confused:

I have to confess knowing absolutely nothing about reps - all I know is I have a score of 1965 but I have no clue what they are or how I got them :o

I took an afternoon off on Tuesday and got to spend the afternoon with Sting's co-producer and keyboard/synth player, a great guy called Kipper:
http://www.kippermusic.co.uk/

We talked about his career, touring with Sting, the music industry today, scoring for films (my real commercial interest ;) ) and music production, it really was a great afternoon. He's definitely been "living the dream".

We met up in his studio, a converted 16C barn complete with the ubiquitous lava lamp :)

And then I went back to reality :(

dachay2tnr said:
Wow this place is vicious. I just got neg repped for a post I made in 2002. :eek: :eek:

:
I posted a thread about my brother in the SAS forum and got neg repped for it. :rolleyes:

It aint my friggin problem
A guy who lives down the alley has had his top section of his garage door hanging out for years.The other night he shows up at my door around 8:00 telling me his door fell completely out and asking me if I can help him,but I can't because my wife is working and I've got the kids.
I could've probably left the kids alone for awhile and surveyed the situation,but my feeling was the guy let the situation go for years and now he wants me drop everything and help him,plus he's a renter so I don't even know if I'm getting paid.
The next day my brother picked up a used door I sold him and saw two guys working on the door.He offered to install the door right there and then for $350 and they said no.
I'm sorry,but if a guy owns a rental property he had better be able to afford to fix it and just because I'm a door man it doesn't mean I'm going to fix every door in the alley for free. :mad:

Divorce
No,not me you goofballs :rolleyes: ,a friend at work.
Real hardworking guy,forty every week at work and side jobs almost every other night.Had his house and a nice large piece of riverfront property up north all paid for....until his wifes teensy little gambling habit took care of it.He knew there were problems,but he didn't know how far things had gotten out of hand and what lengths his wife had gone to hide them from him.He like me,would just hand his checks over to his wife and let her handle the finances.
Now he after twenty years of marriage and work,he has nothing. :eek:

I was knocked out when I heard the story,he's a good guy only lives a few blocks away.Myself I'm not attracted to gambling,I buy about $100-$200 worth of lottery tickets a year,whoo hooo! :rolleyes:

We met up in his studio, a converted 16C barn complete with the ubiquitous lava lamp
So do you have a lava lamp Paul?
No studio is complete without one.

I shook Dick Dales hand once,he gave me a real funny look.

LATER!!!

That guy I told you I went to see a couple weeks ago, the one with cancer, passed away today. :( :( :(

I'm bummed. I think he had just turned 60.

dachay2tnr said:
That guy I told you I went to see a couple weeks ago, the one with cancer, passed away today. :( :( :(

Sorry to hear this man. Condolences to all.....

cabin dec 2006-17.jpg

dachay2tnr said:

I'm so sorry to hear that.Life can turn on a dime and we are so often reminded of our own mortality. :(

dachay2tnr said:

I am sorry to hear that Mike, my condolences to you and your friend's family.

acidrock said:
I posted a thread about my brother in the SAS forum and got neg repped for it. :rolleyes:

It aint my friggin problem
A guy who lives down the alley has had his top section of his garage door hanging out for years.The other night he shows up at my door around 8:00 telling me his door fell completely out and asking me if I can help him,but I can't because my wife is working and I've got the kids.
I could've probably left the kids alone for awhile and surveyed the situation,but my feeling was the guy let the situation go for years and now he wants me drop everything and help him,plus he's a renter so I don't even know if I'm getting paid.
The next day my brother picked up a used door I sold him and saw two guys working on the door.He offered to install the door right there and then for $350 and they said no.
I'm sorry,but if a guy owns a rental property he had better be able to afford to fix it and just because I'm a door man it doesn't mean I'm going to fix every door in the alley for free. :mad:

Divorce
No,not me you goofballs :rolleyes: ,a friend at work.
Real hardworking guy,forty every week at work and side jobs almost every other night.Had his house and a nice large piece of riverfront property up north all paid for....until his wifes teensy little gambling habit took care of it.He knew there were problems,but he didn't know how far things had gotten out of hand and what lengths his wife had gone to hide them from him.He like me,would just hand his checks over to his wife and let her handle the finances.
Now he after twenty years of marriage and work,he has nothing. :eek:

I was knocked out when I heard the story,he's a good guy only lives a few blocks away.Myself I'm not attracted to gambling,I buy about $100-$200 worth of lottery tickets a year,whoo hooo! :rolleyes:

So do you have a lava lamp Paul?
No studio is complete without one.

I shook Dick Dales hand once,he gave me a real funny look.

LATER!!!

No, I am saving my lava lamp for when I have a real dedicated studio :o

Freebies Beacuse I am quite handy and practical and like DIY (I trained as an electrical engineer, Diploma level), my neighbours sometimes ask me for advice and if I can help them, I will. But one of them asked me to clean out their rainwater guttering because he is afraid of heights :eek: Like a jerk, I did and got soaking wet and filthy in the process. :( Didn't even get a bottle of wine as thanks :mad: Never again! I have enough to do with my own house problems.

Divorce WE had friends where we lived about twenty years ago who were a lot older than us, they were in their early sixties. Anyway, he had a stroke and after many years of the wife nursing him, he died. Can you imagine how his wife felt when she found out that he had left the house to his sisters :eek: So she challenged the will and won, but it soured all her memories of the man.

For sure, my wife now takes good care to ask me what it is she is signing when I ask her to sign forms ;)

Back