david hooper reply

Bummer... that wasn't what I was aiming for. But it is that kind of "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home!" attitude I was referring to...

Dunno if you're going to keep monitoring this Bob, but I will miss some of your antics... they were humorous... (some). And it's a shame to see you go like that, especially when you obviously have some skill (as heard in the song "She") and knowledge as seen on some of your other postings...

Though this is an excellent example of how things seem to be taken completely out of context. You took a long essay like statement and chose two lines.

The first was a general statement that somehow you (obviously) concluded was directed at you. It wasn't if it were I would have used your name. (indeed it was partially aimed at you, but I didn't feel like combing through all the old posts just to take names and post them)

The second statement was taken way out of context. the entire statement was:

If you can't be specific as to what the hell he's done, said or promissed that he didn't come through with than by all means people shut the fuck up!

Then again one could easily conclude that since you have chosen to become forever silent based on the above statement then indeed you were unable to find any specific flaw with David's method of doing business... which would basically mean that all this time you were merely provoking him to encite argument after argument for no legitimate reason.

If indeed that be the case then, well... the silence is welcome.

- Tanlith -

done...

... let's say we put a fork in this thread and let it fade into the archives... awright? :)
this silliness (myself included) dented some egos and drove one (or maybe 2) folks out the door. hopefully we learned a bit from this (i did), and we can move on to other matters in a more positive light.
peace - jv

Re: done...

johneeeveee said:
... let's say we put a fork in this thread and let it fade into the archives... awright? :)
this silliness (myself included) dented some egos and drove one (or maybe 2) folks out the door. hopefully we learned a bit from this (i did), and we can move on to other matters in a more positive light.
peace - jv

I'm game!

So.... how about those Mets?

- Tanlith -

Hi. Although I am a"newbie" I have aquired some recording credentials through the years. You can find them at: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?...=R222388#APPEAR
I am in complete agreement with Jennae. If there were such a package as Hooper is offering, I would have found it a long time ago. Although I am an industry record producer, I assist indies as well as anyone who has any questions regarding the industry. I highly recommend Jennae's Indie Intrusion site and support it.

It is all "too often" that some genious comes along offering to help you for $. Don't do it! Either use Jennae's site or Email me at: beach0339053@comcast.net for any questions you may have. No, there is no charge for this...unless you start buying D. Hoopers package (just kidding).

Great site...nice to be here...just a shame I had to look at Hoopers post first...pretty disgusting.
Rick Iantosca
(Robinhood)

I'm late getting here but don't make me laugh

"The monthly conference calls...
The personal time on the phone with me...
The networking at our "mastermind" meetings...
The showcases..."

A)The monthly conference calls
YAHOOO VOICE, TEAMSPEAK...
Get over yourself!

B)The personal time on the phone with me
THE LONG DISTANCE CHARGE OR THE 900 NUMBER??
:rollseyes:

C)The networking at our "mastermind" meetings
LMAO MASTER MINDS...
no further comment needed...WTF EVER!

D)The showcases
http://indieintrusion.com/
oh and btw.... it's FREE!!!

Robinhood said:
Hi. Although I am a"newbie" I have aquired some recording credentials through the years. You can find them at: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?...=R222388#APPEAR
I am in complete agreement with Jennae. If there were such a package as Hooper is offering, I would have found it a long time ago. Although I am an industry record producer, I assist indies as well as anyone who has any questions regarding the industry. I highly recommend Jennae's Indie Intrusion site and support it.

It is all "too often" that some genious comes along offering to help you for $. Don't do it! Either use Jennae's site or Email me at: beach0339053@comcast.net for any questions you may have. No, there is no charge for this...unless you start buying D. Hoopers package (just kidding).

Great site...nice to be here...just a shame I had to look at Hoopers post first...pretty disgusting.
Rick Iantosca
(Robinhood)

You've posted this same message at least three times. Don't you have anything else to say?

Don't let it bug you out...just making a strong point. Don't you have anything better to do than to read posts regarding yourself?

taking a step back let's remove any haste here...

the issue is
that there is means and ways.. and valuable information avaiable for people to help themselves.

I do not understand as a muscian how or what it is you can do for me that I cannot do for myself :shrugs:

that is my question.

I don't understand why your information and assistance cost $$
when the SAME info is avaiable for free.

granted not in YOUR words but this information IS out there.

That is my point.

You can prolly assist someone with some of your knowledge and it helps support you in doing such.

But why not take the free route if it is avaiable?
daily life cost enough...

I can't afford your program
and if I believed that that was going to be my saving grace
and the only way to get myself heard or recognized...
well that could be detouring and depressing.

I'm just telling everyone there is a way to help themselves and there is this information out there for people to obtain

free.

forgive my haste, but I feel angered that statement that this information is hoarded and not out there... it doesn't cost...
it is out there.

But for people that do not hav the time to invest in themselves, or the efforts to learn how to empower theirselves.. well them maybe having someone else do these things for them is something to be desired :shrugs:

that'll all
J~

David,the thing that people like you most often forget,is that
you need us more than we need you.Without musicians ,where
would your business be?
A lot of people here are telling you they dont like your sales tactics.(add me to that list)A salesman that wont listen to his
target market is just plain stupid!
I'm sure you have a lot to offer for a fair price,but as long as you keep coming across like a snake oil salesman,it doesnt really matter.
Dont bother responding to this post,just have your machine call my machine.

Hey SHEPP~
Nice acoustic work on your www. I was diggin it!
man I wish I could play acoustic like that...
awesome!
keep up the good work!
Jen

Gee...and I thought you and I had made nice-nice and were friends consindering I'm the only guy who doesn't give you shit on www.velvetrope.com.

Dave

The only people who give me a hard time on that forum are narrow minded people who just don't get. I do think you get it and for the most part probably give a shit....but......I got scammed on your website and that is a fact and if someone asks I tell it as I see it. If you have a problem with any of my posts anywhere feel free to blast away.

Jennae said:
Hey SHEPP~
Nice acoustic work on your www. I was diggin it!
man I wish I could play acoustic like that...
awesome!
keep up the good work!
Jen
Thank you Jennae.I listened to "Fog" and it is a real mood setter!
I really dig the crosstalk/ harmony thing you get into toward the end.Wanna do a collab soon?PM me.

I am a collaboration MONSTER

I did er... hmm.. well over 40 collabs last year..
I tend to do most with a muscian called Chillinbuzz from the UK

but I have worked with serveral muscians in many genres :nod:

if people wanted me for my guitar work instead of lyrics and vocals I assume I'd be better at playing lol

but actually I have a pile of collabs I am suppose to be doing
and someone that tells me not to do anymore that I am suppose to be listening too :oops:
heh

and not to mention a cubase prog that BLOWS~~~~

so best thing is sort me a file,
but I can't make promises at this time
I am a bit loaded with work but I do love to collab <3

Just now trying to re establish all my music back on the net..
just left a music site removing 54 songs and I have been feverishly trying to resort some space since then...

anywho yeah let's keep talking...
I gotta go sort an issue so.. I'll be around ;)

and thanks for returning the favor...

J~

tanlith said:
I just feel bad for David... he's just trying to defend his business' reputation. Much like any one of us would if we had an unhappy customer.

Don't feel bad for me. This message board, for the most part, is simply entertainment to me.

If any of these folks were in Nashville, they'd know who I am and know what it is that I do here. I know it's easy to check out a link and think "Oh, that guy is just some small time guy in his basement," but it's not that at all...and I see that daily. Unfortunately, you guys don't.

See www.2nmc.com/testimonials for opinions on my last music conference. I wasn't holding a gun to these folks' heads to get them to say what they did.

tanlith said:
OK A few people here have had bad experiences with David. That doesn't negate his skill, knowledge or abilities to do what he does.

As a business owner, Tanlith, you realize that you can't please everybody. I do enough business that some people are going to be pissed off.

As far as I know, there was only one person here who has ever used my service, and that was Littlerock (PA Shop). I don't have the records here (am at home now), but as far as I remember, he got on, he got one, had trouble with the online system, and then sent something to one of my employees about not wanting a year, meant to do one month, give me my money back now, etc...

I'm fine with giving money back, www.indiebiz.com will show you my guarantee. BUT, if you're going to work with me, it's a two way deal and I don't have time for people who tell my employees one thing and then tell me another...and then post another.

tanlith said:
I've read some of your responses to these attacks on your business and I have to say that although I can see you're trying to maintain a certain level of composure, on several occasions you stepped over that fine line and left profesionalism far behind. It's understandable that you feel passionate about your business and you probably feel personally attacked when someone says something like "to all young, old, or unsigned musicians. dont send ant of these leaches like david any money period!" -- So the guy didn't get what he expected from your site/service. What was it that he expected to get? Noone knows cause he hasn't posted specifics of what it was he thought you were going to do for him.

First of all, there is no evidence that the guy you're referring to (was it Patty? Paddy?) was ever a client. No name, no details, nothing to look up. Until I have that info, I won't be able to comment.

As far as professionalism, don't shoot the messenger for calling it like it is. I'm just a mirror of what happens here. Look at any of the threads I've started and you'll see total professionalism.

People here make fun of Taxi for not responding, then I get hit because I do respond. Like you said, can't keep everybody happy.

tanlith said:
If there's something that these people (for whatever reason) think they should be getting from your site/service, maybe you should first try to determine exactly what that something is... then try to find out what (if anything) in your sales copy is being misinterpreted.

The sales copy at www.indiebiz.com is long and detailed. If something isn't clear to anybody reading this, let me know.

tanlith said:
However, I have a feeling that much of this could very well be the result of this "instant gratification" world we now live in. You need something? *CLICK* got it. Heard a good song on the radio on the way home from work? *CLICK* got it on my HD in MP3. Microsoft has a cool new flight sim out? *CLICK* Got it from Kazaa!!

Definitely. Plus, remember that a lot of musicians have HUGE egos and think the world revolves around them. It's a tough market to do business with because they can't take criticism that they might not be ready for what it is that I can do for them.

tanlith said:
Many of the people I deal with day to day seem to have lost the whole concept that some things take time and effort. I want a music career! *CLICK* "Son of a bitch!!! Don't give this guy any of your money!!! It's a scam!!!"

True. And something like Cribs or anything on MTV makes it appear that way. It's a very long process that most people just aren't ready for though.

When it comes to music business education, most artists have about a 2nd grade level.

tanlith said:
I really don't know what you expect David to do... or any other service for that matter. From what I gather (And feel free to correct me... politely!) he's offering information that could otherwise take a significant ammount of time to gather online (Again... depending on your skill) -- I get the impression from some of the comments I see tossed like grenades at David and his business that you seem to expect him to make you a star.

A lot of what I can offer only comes with working with HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of bands. That is lifetimes of several thousand people, their mistakes, their success stories.

You could find it out on your own, but to see it happen to that many people would take a while and you'd have to get off the road to study them.

And then you have the connections I bring to the table.

Glad you mentioned the "star" thing. Nowhere on www.indiebiz.com does it talk about me doing that. This is a marketing company. I help you make more money in music, not get famous.

Although fame sometimes comes with it.

tanlith said:
Sure you worked hard writing and recording all that music you make (And believe me I have heard some amazing music come out of this BBS.) But no matter how much I like it or believe it should be the next #1 hit, there's no way in hell I would put my time, money or reputation on the line to back anyone here. And I doubt that any record label out there would. Why? Because if they spent any time getting back ground info on any of you (and you know who you are) or found out about you from this BBS then they wouldn't want to be bothered with the hastle of dealing with you... they're record producers... not baby-sitters.

So true. And people in the music business talk. I know the guys from every music conference and they ask who has been tough to work with.

And I ask them.

I know guys with records that were on the charts get dropped because they were jerks. People don't put up with much because they don't have to. There are a lot of talented musicians out there who are easy to work with.

tanlith said:
So please can someone tell me exactly what it is that David has done? What is it that you all think it is he's selling... then tell me why or how you got that impression???? If you can't be specific as to what the hell he's done, said or promissed that he didn't come through with than by all means people shut the fuck up!

Exactly. Thanks.

"As far as I know, there was only one person here who has ever used my service, and that was Littlerock (PA Shop). I don't have the records here (am at home now), but as far as I remember, he got on, he got one, had trouble with the online system, and then sent something to one of my employees about not wanting a year, meant to do one month, give me my money back now, etc...

I'm fine with giving money back, www.indiebiz.com will show you my guarantee. BUT, if you're going to work with me, it's a two way deal and I don't have time for people who tell my employees one thing and then tell me another...and then post another."

Here are the facts :
I joined Indibiz....was going to join for a month but screwed up and joined for a year.
I went onto the site went to every location on the site and decided that the month was the way I should have gone. There was just not enough information available that had been advertised on the opening page of the site which would pertain to my needs.
I called Indibiz and was told there were no refunds.
I went to the bulletin board and saw someone post about how they were not happy with the service which ended up getting yanked. I then posted a similar post which also got yanked.
As I said before I believe if someone provides a service they should be paid. I was more than willing to pay for the month but that was apparently not an option.
For a person starting out and looking for certain information its probably not a bad deal as it might save you some time

"As far as I know, there was only one person here who has ever used my service, and that was Littlerock (PA Shop). I don't have the records here (am at home now), but as far as I remember, he got on, he got one, had trouble with the online system, and then sent something to one of my employees about not wanting a year, meant to do one month, give me my money back now, etc...

I'm fine with giving money back, www.indiebiz.com will show you my guarantee. BUT, if you're going to work with me, it's a two way deal and I don't have time for people who tell my employees one thing and then tell me another...and then post another."

Here are the facts :
I joined Indibiz....was going to join for a month but screwed up and joined for a year.
I went onto the site went to every location on the site and decided that the month was the way I should have gone. There was just not enough information available that had been advertised on the opening page of the site which would pertain to my needs.
I called Indibiz and was told there were no refunds.
I went to the bulletin board and saw someone post about how they were not happy with the service which ended up getting yanked. I then posted a similar post which also got yanked.
As I said before I believe if someone provides a service they should be paid. I was more than willing to pay for the month but that was apparently not an option.
For a person starting out and looking for certain information its probably not a bad deal as it might save you some time

pashop said:
"As far as I know, ...

Did ya really need to post this twice? (Just yankin yer chain man! :D :D :D :D :D )

Anyhow... the last line pretty much sums up (part of) what I was saying... for someone starting out it's a time saver!

And I believe David is sincere in both his efforts and claims.

That's my opinion... then again... Like I said "Opinions are like assholes... everybody's got one!"

- Tanlith -

Yeah, in thinking about my own "David Attacks", I sent him a nice note of encouragement. I think the problem is more the way he comes off sometimes, that is, as a "saleman". That sort of thing simply invites problems. I'm sure he means well. However, it's true that most of this information is already out there for free. This must be annoying to him when confronted with that. Besides, that: "Jennae" does have a wealth of free information which she gladly shares.

I'm from the industry. I also share any information for free (just to lend an assist here and there). As a record producer for many years, I've been around the block, yet I find it unacceptable to "sell" information as a means of making money. I believe that the struggling artist has enough financial problems on their plate then to have to spend money on this type of information...just a difference in opinion I guess. But you know what opinions are.

Hey, it's a free country.

Rick

Back