Behringer, a jem or crap?

Behringer stuff, a jem or crap?

• Behringer is great, I love their products!

Votes: 172 32.8%
  • Behringer is so so

Votes: 206 39.3%
  • Behringer sucks, don't ever buy from them

Votes: 87 16.6%
  • Don't care / do a search, lazy ass / don't own Behringer stuff

Votes: 59 11.3%

• Total voters
What you would likely have to do is carefully cut through the back with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel. I would mark out a definite rectangle that would allow removal of the woofer and room to work.

A lip or a stop with mounting blocks and inserts would have to be fabricated around the perimeter of the opening to be able to screw the panel back onto the cabinet.

Not difficult at all to do, but a PITA anyway.

better to try rather than junking them....

Thats the problem with low end brands to make cheaper products corners are cut...if you look at their MS20 and MS40 nearlfeilds the tweeter is on the same side on each speaker, cuts down production costs..

I like most of the behringer stuff Ive got but i have a mic gain thats a paperweight and a bass v tone that stopped working pretty quickly (not saying why ;) ) but the savings I made on their mixers more than offsets their cost...

Ive got some Behringer pedals and a friend had a Behringer bass amp. All good stuff. Their guitar amps seem a little sketchy though :p

I have a powered pa head from Behringer, a PMX2000, which actually sounds good powering my JBL's.

But since new some channels sound different as far as signal to noise.

I like the unit but if I could go back in time to when I bought it I would probably opt for a similar unit from Yamaha or Soundcraft.

I have a powered pa head from Behringer, a PMX2000, which actually sounds good powering my JBL's.

But since new some channels sound different as far as signal to noise.

I like the unit but if I could go back in time to when I bought it I would probably opt for a similar unit from Yamaha or Soundcraft.

Wise choice dinty.....do you care to borrow my time machine?;)

:cool:

Wise choice dinty.....do you care to borrow my time machine?;) :cool:

If I had your time machine I wouldn't waste it on no stinkin' Behringer pa, I'd go back to '57 and pic up a few Strats, buy some Apple stock in 1980 and some domain names like "google.com"... maybe see who really moved the boulder in front of the tomb, stuff like that.

I've found the very small mixers can be handy as useful subrouting devices, direct boxes and so forth.

Exactly. They complement the Midisports nicely. I have four Eurorack mixers.

I use a UB802 with the Electribe ER-1, ES-1, and EA-1.

I use another one with my guitar pedals. I'm building a pedal board out of plywood with the pedals on 30 degree sloped tiers and the UB802 on a 45 degree sloped shelf.

Each of my two UB1202s is paired with a Fostex MR-8 recorder.

I built a desktop rack with the Electribes and their mixer on the top shelf at 60 degrees, and the recorders and their mixers on the bottom shelf at 45 degrees. There's space under the bottom shelf for my Casio RZ-1, Alesis MMT-8, and Behringer BCR-2000.

Due of financial restrictions I bought a few pieces of Behringer gear when I first started my new room. I have a couple pairs of "Composers" and a stereo graphic EQ that i use on my control room monitors. They worked very well for me. And... after 9 years i am still using them! Yes, a nice Neve or GML mic pre would be nice, but for the money, they do the job. Great...? I wouldn't really say that, but bad...? No, they are not bad for what you pay for them. I did have a problem with one of the Eurodesk consoles while working in Hamburg Germany in the late 90's... when one channel went out, they all seemed to follow rather quickly. Other than that, their sonic quality was more than adequate.

Just slightly off-topic but it's still about Behringer:what freakin' WallyWorld are you guys shopping at? I've NEVER seen a Behringer amp at any of the WallyWorlds around where I live.

I started on the cheap little usb interface. It helped me get into recording. I now use the headphone amp HA4700 and A/D converter ADA8000 and never have problems. Plus I got them dirt cheap on ebay.

I own a lot of Behringer gear, and only once have I had a problem.

Like someone else said, if it weren't for Behringer, I might not be able to afford my hobby.

There was a comment about the guitar processors, but I own 2 V-Amp II units, one for the studio, and one for gigs, and I'm enjoying some seriously good tones.

One man's junk.......

Yup, but this wasn't the case here.
Just their cheapest of their cheapest items.
For they may not be blown.
The internal cabling may have come loose! Or what ever the problem may be...........:mad::(:mad:
...You just can't open up the cabinet to repair them.

:cool:
Sure you can ...... I can get into anything and close it back up.

Have to say "CRAP" after my first experience! Guitar Center had a big 'green tag' sale going this weekend, should have, but couldn't resist a Xenyx X1622, with $30 coupon for $169.00
Out of the box I noticed one of the little blue bumpers on one of the EQ knobs was missing - no big deal. Plastic bag with the mixer and the plastic bag with the manual and stuff were not sealed.
Plugged a (good) SM57 into one mic channel, had to turn the gain all the way up to get any signal through. Tried another channel, same thing, and it was distorting like crazy (yet no 'clipping' light ). Plugged an analog signal into one of the stereo channels - bad distortion unless the volume level was kep below usable level.
It's going back to GC tomorrow!

Xenyx is aweful! Some of the stuff is pretty usable and a lot of it is aweful; of the stuff that is good, you hopefully you don't get a dud. I have some Behringer stuff that I like, and some I took back. None of my favorite stuff is Behringer...

budget gear...i was looking at usb mixers and the ad is good...it leads you in....

but then I get sober reading these posts and realize, can the mixer, with built in compressors on everychannel, with british eq, and bl;ahblahblah.....can it be real for $163 for 20 channels?

99cent McDonald burgers look good on tv too...as long as you dont see where and how their made and expect to be filled after eating one, actually its likely you'll get some flu like symptom hours later.

I guess its all about expectations...what do I expect from a McDonalds lunch? the same as a $10 hamburger of real meat?

i might grab a behri usb mixer and post about it...

Attachments

• Xenyx.JPG
    Xenyx.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 67
Sure you can ...... I can get into anything and close it back up.

I should bring this up to date.

I did finally get the grill off, it was glued in with a kind of gorilla glue, very hard to do but I got that poop off, got the speakers out of both cabs (yup they were blown) replaced them and what a hassle getting the now misshapen grill back in and glued.

:mad:

I should bring this up to date.

I did finally get the grill off, it was glued in with a kind of gorilla glue, very hard to do but I got that poop off, got the speakers out of both cabs (yup they were blown) replaced them and what a hassle getting the now misshapen grill back in and glued.

:mad:
however I must point out that I was right. You DID get into it and close it back up. And now they work right?
So, to me, that's worth the effort.
I recently had to change two huge chips in the convergence board of my 52" rear projection TV.

Holy crap! what a pain in the ass!
Took ALL DAMNED DAY!

But now it works fine ..... saved me a bunch 'o' money and I'm kinda proud about fixing the stupid thing.

Back