Behringer, a jem or crap?

Behringer stuff, a jem or crap?

• Behringer is great, I love their products!

Votes: 172 32.8%
  • Behringer is so so

Votes: 206 39.3%
  • Behringer sucks, don't ever buy from them

Votes: 87 16.6%
  • Don't care / do a search, lazy ass / don't own Behringer stuff

Votes: 59 11.3%

• Total voters
Yup, I know, there should be a line drawn somewhere though.
Like .....this is pro / this is a toy.

That's the problem with Behringer. You never know whether you're going to end up with good gear or a toy.

For better or worse, the brand name is synonymous with budget gear, which pretty much guarantees they'll never be taken seriously.

oh faaaaaaaaaaark!......If you know what you're looking for, test it at the shop, compare it at the shop. And if you are happy to spend less because of less overhead, then go for it, whatever the device is.....now go record some good music with 'it'. I can't help but feel that there is a lot of false propagation of crap/bulltish and uneducated opinions; and that's been unfairly continued by unwise purchases or people who expect 'magic in a box' with their purchase. I love all the current Behri equipment I own, and have returned/sold off the Behri stuff I didn't, along with Yamaha, Marantz, Boss, Phonic, Ibanez....
Go Behringer, you faaaaaarkin raaaaaaawk.....er, mostly!...lol.
Now rather that 'propagate' and waste more time, I go to record with my Behringer toys that have lots of purty lights.

;P

oh faaaaaaaaaaark!......If you know what you're looking for, test it at the shop, compare it at the shop. And if you are happy to spend less because of less overhead, then go for it, whatever the device is.....now go record some good music with 'it'. I can't help but feel that there is a lot of false propagation of crap/bulltish and uneducated opinions; and that's been unfairly continued by unwise purchases or people who expect 'magic in a box' with their purchase. I love all the current Behri equipment I own, and have returned/sold off the Behri stuff I didn't, along with Yamaha, Marantz, Boss, Phonic, Ibanez....
Go Behringer, you faaaaaarkin raaaaaaawk.....er, mostly!...lol.
Now rather that 'propagate' and waste more time, I go to record with my Behringer toys that have lots of purty lights.

;P

I love this. He is right though doesn't matter what name is on the front of the gear if it does what you want it to then what's the issue!!!! i have had a Behringer mixer for about 6 years now and there is nothing wrong with at all. It sounds good and does exactly what i need it to do. So just go test it in the shop to what you want it to do or even buy it and really put it through it's paces and take it back if you don't like it but don't say it's crap just because of what someone else has said!!!!

weird place for my first post..but for what it`s worth...I`ve been using my Behringer EP4000 amp for a few years as a mobile DJ, and have pretty much put it through the ringer, and am VERY pleased with it..got a few friends who run nothing but QSC amps, and it got their aproval, so it must not be too bad.....

I have`nt heard a whole lotta good about their mixers, but have no persoanl experiance with um..I do have a few other small ticket Behringer items, that have served me well..so over all, I`d say they do make atleast "some" good stuff, for a very good price..

EDIT:...wow, just realized this threads a bit old....
looks like it`s been kicked around enough already..sorry for probley kicking a dead horse..LOL

there's been lots of recent studies about how thoroughly our minds control what we hear and see based on calculations it's doing without our even knowing it.
Apparently in real blind tests wine tasters mostly can't tell the difference between wines and often pick the cheapest as best ..... in another test where violinists were given 6 violins in a darkened roon, the 16million dollar stradivarius got the lowest marks and, as a piano tuner, I can say for sure that you hear differently from day to day.
So at least some of this is the same principal.
Cheap gear means you expect it to sound bad so you do.

Having said that, I have found some Behri gear to be kinda noisy and that's something you can actually be sure of by recording thru different gear and then listening back.

Is that for routing your keyboards?

aye

better late than never :)

when it comes to mixers Im not going to buy another brand, I have three and they do exactly what I want out of them...the best vocalist on this website uses a behri mixer in his chain, and Ive yet to hear anyone say his vocals sound thin, have noise, brittle etc etc...in fact Ive not heard that about my synths and they all go through behri mixers..so does my drum machine, though some of my mixes have been pure shite its never been behringers fault :D

Back