Behringer, a jem or crap?

Behringer stuff, a jem or crap?

• Behringer is great, I love their products!

Votes: 172 32.8%
  • Behringer is so so

Votes: 206 39.3%
  • Behringer sucks, don't ever buy from them

Votes: 87 16.6%
  • Don't care / do a search, lazy ass / don't own Behringer stuff

Votes: 59 11.3%

• Total voters
die die die thread!

I love their stuff....the price point is a bonus....;)
Pro's use Behri stuff too you know!:)
My entire studio is built from B, desk and most outboards.....and I often find that the only limiting factor sometimes is.......er...me!
Power to 'em!

I'm happy with Behringer.
I wonder how many would really know the difference if they couldn't see the brand name.

I'm happy with Behringer.
I wonder how many would really know the difference if they couldn't see the brand name.

Actually, I'm not a hater of Behringer products as I stated previously, I own quite a number of their products and they have served me well.
I can easily tell the sound coming from a Behringer Eurorack as opposed to a Mackie, Yamaha, Allen/Heath or a Neve board. There is crossover and it is not as quiet as the more expensive makes. They aren't garbage by any means, but they are not top quality items.
Their products are okay but not great especially on acoustic instruments.

I have a Behringer Xenyx 1204 FX which is an absolutely marvelous mixer.
I have no use for it when recording though. It's a mixer. Doesn't belong in a studio.
I also have a Korg D3200 which is an absolutely marvelous recorder.
I wouldn't use it as a mixer though. It's a recorder. Doesn't belong in a pub.
It's a question of using the right tool for the job.

Their microphones aren't the best but then no condenser under $350 USD is.
Every cheap condenser has its own particular strengths and weaknesses but Behringer seems to take the hits for some reason.
I have their 8 channel AD/DA converter/preamp. It's incredible.

Behri bashing is a sport. I get that but once in a while I just feel the need to lend my support.
Then I'm fine again.:)

I have a Behringer Xenyx 1204 FX which is an absolutely marvelous mixer.
I have no use for it when recording though. It's a mixer. Doesn't belong in a studio.
I also have a Korg D3200 which is an absolutely marvelous recorder.
I wouldn't use it as a mixer though. It's a recorder. Doesn't belong in a pub.
It's a question of using the right tool for the job.

Their microphones aren't the best but then no condenser under $350 USD is.
Every cheap condenser has its own particular strengths and weaknesses but Behringer seems to take the hits for some reason.
I have their 8 channel AD/DA converter/preamp. It's incredible.

Behri bashing is a sport. I get that but once in a while I just feel the need to lend my support.
Then I'm fine again.:)

Just the mental image of that D3200 in a smokey bar with full beer mugs parked on the table beside it makes parts of me completely dissappear!:eek::D

I guess its totally subjective...if it works its a gem...if it breaks its crap:rolleyes:
Yeah ! I voted so-so. I like their stuff for what it is. Every one has something good or bad to say about every brand but Behri bashing does seem to be a more popular sport than say, Mackie bashing. I think that's what happens when you mass produce affordable stuff. No equipment is infallible.

i have a behringer c-1 condenser mic and i love it. it was $50.

i've posted clips on this board with this mic on acoustic guitar and got positive feedback on the sound from it.

it's the only gear of theirs i own but based on that mic i would buy more.

Don't know why people hate on Behringer so much. Its budget gear. Considering its budget gear, their stuff does a decent job. If you can pick it up on sale or used, its ridiculous what you can get for the money. Huge bang for the buck. Most of their stuff is very well designed and engineered. For people on a budget, the choice is not have the gear or get Behringer.

Crap-Crap-Crap
I have issues with behringer! I call them to try to fix a pair of speakers that blew and I was told that there is no way to get inside the molded cab. to change out the speaker and that they are disposable. That ended any sliver of hope for them from me.:mad::mad::mad:

:cool:

I heard a band the other day using all Behringer stuff, even the guitar amps, They sounded pretty good, but werent driving the stuff real hard. Its certainly the lowest priced stuff, good for people with limited cash. I've also heard they're getting better (quality).

Crap-Crap-Crap
I have issues with behringer! I call them to try to fix a pair of speakers that blew and I was told that there is no way to get inside the molded cab. to change out the speaker and that they are disposable. That ended any sliver of hope for them from me.:mad::mad::mad:

the reason speakers blow is because the user over powers them beyond their rating.

After reading this entire thread a month ago and searching for other reviews on what I was about to purchase I pulled the trigger on a Behringer SX4882.

I was shopping for a replacement TASCAM M-2524 for my M-1516 but no one would ship and I was too far away to pick it up myself. The Mackie 32/8 was over budget, even on sale, so I took a chance on the SX4882.

So far, so good.

I've put it through it's paces in the studio for recording and mixing and I can find no complaints as of yet. It's quiet, the pre's are usable; more transparent and a little brighter than the M1516's but not brittle or harsh. The EQ is OK with a wide band and easy adjustment.

The pots are smooth and securely mounted and the faders don't wobble. The pots and faders are all Alps components.

I keep it under cover when not being used and it's never going to be moved. It's the only piece of B gear I own and probably won't buy any other. Not because I'm not happy with this desk, but I don't want to take any more chances than is neccesary with my money.

Overall, I'd say this is a lot of value for the money if it holds up. The routing options are endless and there are enough inputs and outputs to wire it for anything you can think of.

Curiously, this mixer has been out for almost a year now and I can find no review of it anywhere on the internet. Since I hadn't heard anything negative about it I decided to take a chance. In my experience, the negative reviews will almost always outnumber the positive on any piece of gear from any manufacturer.

I recently did a Preamp Shootout with all of my preamps running into the Korg D3200.
I have in the past, said that the Xenyx series was too noisy for recording.
I must take that back. The 1204 FX running into the Fast Track Pro was too noisy but not so with the Korg.
A little brighter than the Korg Preamps or the Joe Meek but very nice.

the reason speakers blow is because the user over powers them beyond their rating.

Yup, but this wasn't the case here.
Just their cheapest of their cheapest items.
For they may not be blown.
The internal cabling may have come loose! Or what ever the problem may be...........:mad::(:mad:
...You just can't open up the cabinet to repair them.

Back