Anyone like mixing?

Ok fine then:)

I have a gig tonight but will download later. Your stuff is fun. I was tinkering with the older tracks this morning and am now embarassed of my earlier mix. My ears were soar from an earlier session. Check out "wierd request" in the mixing forum to hear one of the tunes from that day. The lead players Marshall tore my ears up. Must be getting old!

Kirk

We can dance we can dance everyone look at your hands, ouch.

We were men without hats because there were none to have. :) I didn't edit any drums.

Kirk

Here is my shot at mixing this. Keep in mind I am totally new to mixing anything this heavy and I am using 5 year old software… given that, I think it came out really good.

Charlie, thanks for posting the tracks, I had a lot of fun trying to mix your song. Tell me if you like what I did (or are totally disgusted with what I did.)

- Gunther

Well i don't really like the constant echo on the voice... And also IMO the snare and kick don't stand out...

Sounds like i cut out some of the parts on the vocals line accidently.

Okay oOCharlieOo here's mine...

LOST

here's a few comments:

i like a growly bass, so I went for that...

the snare is sampled (using Drumagog) and compressed and reverb'd ...

the kick is Eq'd and compressed...

the overheads are compressed and the bottom is rolled off...

the heavy guitars are paned and the bottom is rolled off...

the clean guitar is only at the begining and is panned slightly to the right...

the bass was processed with a Sans Amp Bass Driver DI and Bass POD Pro (Ampeg SVT and Hartke 410 Cabinet models)...

the vocal is compressed, lightly pitch shifted, reverb'd and pan'd left at 10 OClock...

for each vocal chorus I copied another chorus and paned them 10 and 2 OClock...

light reverb on the whole mix...

problems I encountered:

unruly kick (although I thought it EQ'd Okay)

too much bleed in the snare. Drumagog fixed that

no Toms to speak of. i could use Drumagog on these if I had more time

unruly bass volume

generally flat vocals (singer could do a great job with several takes though). Autotune would fix most if I had more time

bass track had MP3 artifacts

bass line and kick didn't line up or felt like one or the other was dragging. I moved tracks around a lot to tighten beat and feel

overall it was a lot of fun. i wish we had more heavy bands in my area. i spent about 7 hours all told on this.

Last edited:
Back